Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
dublinbay

show off your pink roses (part i)

dublinbay z6 (KS)
12 years ago

Here I am in the winter doldrums, and as Seil would put it, I need a picture fix.

How about if we post a new thread every couple weeks, each one celebrating our loveliest roses, based on colors.

Everybody can contribute, and if the thread gets too long and picture heavy, we can start another thread continuing it (Pink Roses, Part I, Part II, Part III, etc.).

I'm not a great photographer, but I'll start this PINK ROSE THREAD. Let's make that pink and pink blends.

CELEBRATE PINK ROSES

Jubilee Celebration (Austin rose)--I love the hint of yellow at the base of the petals.

Mayflower (Austin rose)--good dependable bloomer; lusher bloom in autumn.

{{gwi:288163}}

Mystic Beauty (Bourbon rose)--my favorite new rose. Exquisite beauty.

{{gwi:236892}}

Elle (Hybrid tea)-- love those blended colors.

{{gwi:325447}}

Peter Mayle (Hybrid Tea) and Mrs. John Laing (Hybrid Perpetual)-- Peter is the hot pink blooms in front, with the BIGGGGG blooms. I mean, really BIGGGGGGG. I don't seem to have any individual blooms of light pink Mrs. Laing, but you can see her in the background.

{{gwi:220212}}

Mortimer Sackler (Austin rose)-- grown as a tall shrub, but indicates it would enjoy being a climber also.

{{gwi:205464}}

Mortimer Sackler close-up

{{gwi:223985}}

Earth Song (grandiflora? I'm never sure how this one is classified) -- very floriferous and dependable.

{{gwi:292621}}

Queen of Sweden (Austin rose)-- not my best picture, but I just discovered it is the only one I have of this rose. I'd best get on the ball and take pics of it next summer!

Fru Dagmar Hastrup (Rugosa rose)-- brand new Dagmar strutting her very first bloom last summer. Looking forward to lots of blooms next summer. Love those rugosa leaves.

{{gwi:215443}}

Eden Climber (Romantica rose)-- another one I need to take more pictures of. I love this rose and have no idea why I have so few photos of it to pick from

{{gwi:228929}}

That's most of my pink ones--I have a few unidentified pink photos and a few others I somehow didn't take pics of--such as Lady of Guadalupe. Must correct that this summer.

Please do add your PINK ROSES to this thread, or start a PINK ROSES, PART II thread if this one gets too long.

Enjoy!

Kate

Comments (31)

• inga007

Thank you all, for posting your lovely rose photos.
    Goes a long way to cheering up these drab, gray, winter days..

• inga007

Thanks Kathy, they are lovely, each and every one.

• inga007

Lovely photos. On to part 2

• inga007

• inga007

• inga007

• inga007

• inga007

• inga007

• seil zone 6b MI
    12 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

Oooh, Aaah, I'm drooling, Kate! You have a lovely collection of pinks! Loving Queen of Sweden!

I have a LOT of pink roses so I'll post them a few at a time. I apologize if I've posted some of these pics before. I have so many and I don't know what was previously posted where!

Appleblossom Flower Carpet

Baby Blanket

Brilliant Pink Iceberg

Candy Land

Chelsea Brittlyn

Cinderella

Country Music

• queenbee_1
    12 years ago

Oh, my goodness! My favorite thing of all--Pink roses.. I am really excited to see Queen of Sweden and Mortimer Sackler (two of my Christmas presents--that will come next month)... And I have decided I really need a 'Baby Blanket"... I must learn to post pictures... soon.. thank you for starting this post...

• Krista_5NY
    12 years ago

Oh my, beautiful pics, Kate and Seil.

Pink roses are my most favorite roses....

Jadis

{{gwi:296119}}

James Galway

{{gwi:216062}}

The Mayflower and Marchesa Boccella

Louise Odier

{{gwi:211190}}

Gertrude Jekyll

{{gwi:211186}}

Comte de Chambord

{{gwi:207556}}

• dublinbay z6 (KS)
    Original Author
    12 years ago

O000h, I'm enjoying this. Such lovely pink roses. And Seil, your photography is down-right superb!

Krista--I do like that Louise Odier photo--lovely!

Queenbee--you are going to love Mortimer and Queen of Sweden--really fine roses. Good disease-resistance also.

I look forward to seeing even more pink roses posted here.

Kate

• ron_and_susan
    12 years ago

I have 9 pics from my garden.
    The first pic is Louise Estes.

">
    The second pic is Johnny Becnel.
    ">
    The Third pic is Boardwalk
    ">
    The fourth pic is Tiffany Lynn.
    ">
    The fifth pic is Luscious Lucy.
    ">
    The sixth pic is Mavrik.
    ">
    The seventh pic is Pavarotti.
    ">
    The eighth pic is Great Scott.
    ">
    And the last pic is Marquise Spinola.
    ">

• dublinbay z6 (KS)
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Ron and Susan, Great Scott is perfection! But can you imagine getting a bouquet of a dozen Pavarattis? Wow!

Kate

• seil zone 6b MI
    12 years ago

Krista, lovely roses and photos! Look at the size of that Jadis bud!

Wonderful collection, Ron! That Pavarotti bouquet is to die for!

A few more
    Sweet Dainty Bess closes her eyes for night time.

Elle

Heather Sproul

Honorine de Brabant

Iobelle

Little Sir Echo

• bethnorcal9
    12 years ago

Here's a few of my pinkies (random pics still in my Picturetrail albums from last yr):

BANNER - (this one was taken a few weeks ago)
    {{gwi:1198478}}

EDEN CL
    {{gwi:293138}}

FRECKLE FACE mini
    {{gwi:1198479}}

GENTLE GIANT
    {{gwi:1198480}}

LOVE'S KISS
    {{gwi:1198481}}

OKSANA
    {{gwi:1198482}}

RADIO TIMES
    {{gwi:1198483}}

Hmmmm... looking at everybody's pics.... I'm more than ready for spring to arrive!!!

• dublinbay z6 (KS)
    Original Author
    12 years ago

OOOOOOh, Climbing Pinkie is really really pink. And what a lovely spring garden shot, hosenemesis.

Beth, you had an Eden close-up for me, Beth. Thanks. You always have roses that are new to me--Love's Kiss is really intense!

Seil, is Iobelle a mini? I always like that color combination.

They are all so lovely. Spring, where are you?

Kate

• seil zone 6b MI
    12 years ago

Beth, I want that Banner! And I could have had Freckle Face once and didn't get it...kicking myself!

Hosey, Bouquet Parfait is lovely no matter what color it is! And that Cl. Pinkie is gorgeous!

Kate, Iobelle is a Griffith Buck hybrid tea. He didn't introduce many HTs so they're rare and harder to find. It's a gorgeous rose! But if you're looking for a mini with those colors I do have a new one called Magic Show that looks like it.

• kathy9norcal
    12 years ago

Some pinks that I grow and I enjoy are:

Ballerina and a Flower Carpet bloom

Heaven On Earth (which starts out orangy)

Crowd Pleaser--can't get much more pink than this one

English Sachet

Imposter

Lynne Anderson

Morden Blush

Miss Behavin

• dublinbay z6 (KS)
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Kathy, I really, really like your Heaven on Earth. Thanks for adding to our list of pink roses.

Kate

• seil zone 6b MI
    12 years ago

Those are gorgeous, Kathy! That Lynn Anderson is wonderful! Crowd Pleaser and Miss Behavin look very similar. Are they?

Finally got all my pics done from last season so here are a few more pinks.

Memorial Day

Queen Elizabeth

Quietness
    {{gwi:227784}}

Rose de Rescht

Ruffled Cloud

Rural Rhythm

Strawberry Romance

I think that's pretty much all of my pinks!

• lesmc
    12 years ago

Wow! I am so enjoying these beautiful pictures. It is so glummy and grey here. I have never learned how to post pictures, so I can`t share, but I am grateful to you`all for sharing these beauties! Thanks..Lesley

• TNY78
    12 years ago

I think I'm going to start "Part II" This took forver to load...but absolutely worth it!

• dublinbay z6 (KS)
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Good idea, tammy. Thanks.

Seil, I commented on your roses on the Part II thread.

Kate

• seil zone 6b MI
    12 years ago

Thanks all!

lesmac, do you have your photos on some place like Photobucket, Picture Trail or Flickr? You need to have them on some kind of on line photo storage site first and then posting them here from that site is a snap! Just look for where it says get image code or image URLs. Copy the image code for the picture you want and then paste in your post where you want it on here.

• dublinbay z6 (KS)
    Original Author
    12 years ago

One slight correction . If you pics are on Photobucket, you need to locate the "HTML CODE" and copy it. Then come over here and "paste" that code in the message box here--and type whatever you want before it and after it.

You can copy the HTML CODE to more that one photo in your Photobucket account and paste them all here in the message box--and type in between them if you wish.

Kate

• dublinbay z6 (KS)
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Just want to remind late-comers that there is a Part II thread also. : )

Kate

• zeffyrose
    12 years ago

Kate---what a wonderful treat on a cold winter day---I loved the picture of Jadis---many years ago I had a rose called Fragrant Memory---I just checked on HMF and they are the same rose---I always associate you with lovely pale pink roses---

Florence

• dublinbay z6 (KS)
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Hi florence, great to have you posting. And I'm glad you are enjoying these threads "showing off" our roses and getting us through the long, grey winter weather. Roses certainly can raise the spirits, can't they!

Make sure you see our yellow and our red threads also--plus the stripey thread, and I see someone started a climber thread. I know you have some climbers you can add there, florence.

Kate