10 years ago

My garden sure looks different today. I sure miss it! Lesley

Comments (11)

• sara_ann-z6bok
    10 years ago

Another beautiful view! Thanks again.

• seil zone 6b MI
    10 years ago

That sure looks warm and green on this frozen day, Lesley, thanks!

• lesmc
    Original Author
    10 years ago

I miss Lillian and William a bunch! I have ordered three more Austins for spring. Days like this make me want to order a few more!!! Any suggestions? Lesley

• nanadollZ7 SWIdaho
    10 years ago

Oh, no, I can't take all this beauty in such a short space. Your garden is just breathtaking, Lesley, especially after I glimpse all the gross brown dead stuff outside in my backyard. On top of that, we live in a valley surrounded by mountains so every winter we have the dreaded "inversion" which is a mass of dirty air that sits in our valley. Above it the sun shines, and if you go up the hills a ways, you can look down on the dirty cloud that sits below. It's as good as anything L.A. has to offer. This makes our highs and lows differ by just a few degrees.And, of course, the brown fog persists for weeks. At least we're not getting hammered by the cold the way the East and South are.
    I hope your temps aren't too bad, and snow is a good thing--we're in a drought out West, as well. Thanks for posting this GORGEOUS photo. Diane

• iris_gal
    10 years ago

The foxglove and roses look wonderful behind the hedge. Is it boxwood? Lovely shade of green to set off the roses.

And is that a trellis is the back with pink roses on it?

I don't see a yellow Austin in there.

• sara_ann-z6bok
    10 years ago

Lesley - That is just too beautiful! Your taste exquisite!

• lesmc
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thank you`all so much for your kind words. Everyone on this forum has a beautiful garden and I love to see each and every one. Iris....yes, my one garden is surrounded with boxwood. The trellis has a clematis on it..pink and white. The pink rose in the foreground is Lillian Austin. She does real well here.Thanks Sara-Ann, Diane and Seil. I find myself very bored this snowy day and need to stop posting! Someone else chime in and share their garden. Lesley

• iris_gal
    10 years ago

A clematis, not a climbing rose. Do you know its name? It looks much thicker than any I've seen. Beautiful.

• bethnorcal9
    10 years ago

Lesley your garden should be in a magazine! It's gorgeous. I'd be missin' it too!

• dublinbay z6 (KS)
    10 years ago

I love your gardens, les--they are gorgeous. So many combinations and colors and everything is looking so bloomiferous!

As long as you are bored and keep on posting, we promise to keep on enjoying your garden tours! : )

Kate

• lesmc
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Iris....so sorry. I was speaking of the gazebo where I grow two clematis. On the trellis you mark is the rose Lunar Mist. I actually dug it out this past fall due to blackspot. I took it and Golden Celebration both out due to disease. I will miss them both but they were sick too often. I wish I could find a climber that was somewhat disease free. So far only 4th of July and Armadeus remain in my garden.Thank you Beth. I can`t begin to tell you how much I enjoy your roses. You have an amazing collection. Lesley

Sponsored
Mary Shipley Interiors
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars32 Reviews
Columbus OH Premier Interior Designer 10x Best of Houzz