Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
the_dark_lady

Roses "G"

the_dark_lady
11 years ago

Let's continue with our rose alphabet. It is time for our G's.

Gartentraume
{{gwi:1198762}}

Gartnerfreude
{{gwi:1198764}}

Gentle Hermione
{{gwi:1198766}}

Geoff Hamilton
{{gwi:1198767}}

Gertrude Jekyll
{{gwi:1198769}}

Geschwind's Orden
{{gwi:1198772}}

Geschwind's Shoenste
{{gwi:1198774}}

{{gwi:1198776}}

Gettysburg
{{gwi:1198778}}

Ghita Renaissance
{{gwi:1198779}}

Giardina
{{gwi:1198781}}

Gluckskette
{{gwi:1198783}}

Goddess of Love
{{gwi:1198785}}

Golden Celebration
{{gwi:1198787}}

Graham Thomas
{{gwi:1198788}}

Grand Award

Guido A. Zach

Guirlande d'Amour (RIP due to RRD)

Sorry, not a rose - one of my favorite Clematis - Guernsey Cream

Comments (13)

• nanadollZ7 SWIdaho
    11 years ago

Lots of glorious G's, dark lady, but I also like that big stand of foxglove next to the lovely Gertrude J. Geschwind's Shoenste is just mind blowing. Is that one plant? I love his Errinerung an Brod so much. Is it big like Shoenste? Goddess of Love, new to me, is very striking--I'm going to look that one up. Your clematis, Guernsey Cream is just yummy. Thanks for posting your wonderful pics. Keep them coming! Diane

• seil zone 6b MI
    11 years ago

Gorgeous, Marina! Never heard of Goddess of Love but it's fabulous!

Garden Party

Golden Celebration

Golden Wings

Graham Thomas

Granada

• dublinbay z6 (KS)
    11 years ago

Well, darn it--my looong post (with pics) just disappeared in cyberspace!

So here goes again.

I remember I was waxing enthusiastically over Geschwind's Shoenste. I think "swooning" was the word I used. I actually gasped when I saw it. What a stunner!

And enroll me in the Goddess of Love fan club!

Seil, that is the second time in the past couple days that I've seen a picture of Garden Party--grew it years ago, but I'd forgotten how lovely it is. How is it on disease-resistance? I don't remember.

Here are my "G" roses:

Gourmet Popcorn--nice mini. I like touches of white for contrast in my gardens--and cools them off during HOT July!
    {{gwi:301419}}

Gypsy Carnival (HT)-- the most beautiful blooms on the scrawniest disease-magnet plant in my entire garden. A total wimp except for those gorgeous red/yellow blooms--the only reason I keep this one.

Gypsy Carnival--side view; isn't that yellow cool!

Gypsy Carnival--full frontal view--that touch of yellow at the base is so cool!

Golden Showers climber--this 15-20 year old beauty suddenly came down with RRD this past summer and no longer resides in my garden--darn it!

Green Ice--another white mini. This one sprawls a lot. I have 5 of them scattered around the garden to make sure there is always a touch of white throughout the garden. Good disease-resistance.
    {{gwi:325450}}

That's it--other than the other "F" rose I discovered I forgot to post earlier. Will go do that now.

Kate

• seil zone 6b MI
    11 years ago

Like your Gypsy Carnival very much, Kate! GP isn't the most disease resistant but it's also not the most disease prone rose in my garden either. And it's a bloom machine and they're always huge, very fragrant and gorgeous...so I keep it!

• bethnorcal9
    11 years ago

Beautiful roses everybody! Love that GODDESS OF LOVE!

Well, here's what few I have available to upload:

GEORGE BURNS
    {{gwi:1198805}}

GYPSY FIRE
    {{gwi:1198806}}

GINA LOLLOBRIGIDA
    {{gwi:1198807}}

GINGER ROGERS
    {{gwi:1198808}}

GLOWING PEACE
    {{gwi:1198809}}

GARDEN SUN CL
    {{gwi:1198810}}

GREAT SCOTT
    {{gwi:1198812}}

• nanadollZ7 SWIdaho
    11 years ago

More beauties to drool over..I see the exquisite Garden Party again. That photo is frameworthy, seil. Golden Celebration is one of my favorite Austin roses. Lovely yellows.
    Kate, Gypsy Carnival is indeed a striking beauty which I haven't seen before. I'm sorry about your Golden Showers. I wonder how far west that awful disease has traveled. Hope it never makes it here.
    Beth, I get a kick out of George Burns...I mean he is eye poppin' and reminds me a little of Simsalibim (or am I misremembering that rose?). Thanks, all, for posting and keeping our alphabet going. Diane

• the_dark_lady
    Original Author
    11 years ago

OMG, Beth, that George Burns is breathtaking! Does it grow bushy for you?

• dublinbay z6 (KS)
    11 years ago

Yes, George Burns is striking. I wanted to add that I'm deliberately ignoring all the pics of Golden Celebration and Graham Thomas--because I'm totally envious and don't want to remember that they are too blackspot prone to dwell in my garden. I've loved both since they were introduced years ago--and yellow roses are my favorites--but I will not bring BSers into my garden. The only reason the BSer Gypsy Carnival resides here is because she snuck by me and was all settled in before I discovered the bad news about her weakness. : (

But I do actually love those pics.

Kate

Note: Edited for spelling

This post was edited by dublinbay on Sun, Jan 6, 13 at 12:04

• bethnorcal9
    11 years ago

I've had GEORGE BURNS for a loooong time. He's a great rose for the front of the bed. At least for me, he never gets much taller than about 3ft, in fact, usually less. Nice and wide and bushy. Blooms almost constantly.

• jktx55
    11 years ago

Beth, I can see why you are so fond of George Burns. Thanks again for sharing your great pics.
    jack

• harborrose_pnw
    11 years ago

Gee, ya'll, what wonderful roses. Those Geschwinds are wonderful and the colors on Glowing Peace I just adore.

I hope that this spring and summer will bring blooms to the "g" roses in my garden ...

Gardens of the World, Gilda (which I think is the same as the Geschwind Orden Marina posted, Georges Vibert, and Grace Darling ... but here is

Gartendirektor Otto Linne in the center

Golden Wings- it only had one bloom; it was in so much shade but it's been moved into more sun and I hope for some more of the lovely yellow blooms like Seil's.

• seil zone 6b MI
    11 years ago

It should do great with more sun!

• nanadollZ7 SWIdaho
    11 years ago

Here is my lone G rose, the popular Golden Celebration. Diane

Golden Celebration

Golden Celebration Bush

Sponsored
ANF Kitchen & Bath
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Innovative & Creative Kitchen & Bath Designers Servicing VA