Return to the Rose Gallery Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Roses "F"

Posted by the_dark_lady z7 Amelia VA (My Page) on
Thu, Jan 3, 13 at 13:36

Very cold outside, can not work in the garden... Finished a small painting project in the house... What else to do?
Oh! Post some more pictures!!! :)))

Here we go, a few of my F's:

Falstaff

Fara Shimbo

Fisherman's Friend

Florence Delattre

Four Inch Heels

Francine Austin

Francis Blaise

Froufroutante Jackie

Furstin von Pless

And this is my little paint project - painted gingham design on the wall

This post was edited by the_dark_lady on Thu, Jan 3, 13 at 13:42

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Roses "F"

Oooh Marina --
If my Falstaff had EVER looked that good, he'd still be in the garden, instead of sleeping with the shovels.

Kay

o

Darn it--I came up empty-handed in the "F" category!

Just love your dark reds, dark lady. Austin is especially good with those! But I did have to laugh at a dark red rose called "4 inch heels"! LOL

What is the rose 4th from the end of the rose pics? I like it.

And I really like your design for that corner of the room. Such a design would never occur to me, but it looks terrific when I see how you did it.

I checked photobucket again--the only "F" in my garden is my "Fairy" statue--but she is kinda cute with those purple pansies. Sorry, that was the best I could do. : (

Fairy statue/purple pansies--5/12

Kate

o

Thank you Kay and Kate!

Kate, the fourth from the end is Froufroutante Jackie by Dominique Massad. I received it as a rooted cutting from a friend couple of years ago. Very nice rose, great bloomer!

Marina

Here is a link that might be useful: Froufroutante Jackie on HMF

This post was edited by the_dark_lady on Thu, Jan 3, 13 at 18:21

o

I am SO enjoying the alphabet gallery! It is cold, damp and dreary here so these pictures are a joy! There are many roses I have never seen, so I am learning so much. Mostly....I don`t have enough room in my garden!! I would love to add some of these to my garden. The Froufroutante Jackie is especially beautiful. Marina, you must have every Austin! Your collection is outstanding. I would just love to walk your garden some day!! I thank everyone who has taken the time to share their roses with us. Yip-eeee!!

o

Oh, this F category is loaded with some of my favorite colors--purples, dark reds, and lavender. Love them all, and am curious about that name "Four Inch Heels"--sounds risque. Each rose is delightful in its own way. Thanks, Marina, for posting these photos.
Kate, your fairy statue is just exquisite. I really lack quality garden statuary, as well as the space to put it, so it's nice to see what someone has in place in her garden. Thanks for sharing. Diane

o

• Posted by seil z6b MI (My Page) on
    Thu, Jan 3, 13 at 19:57

Phew! Can't keep up they're posting so fast, lol! Beautiful roses and pics everyone! Love the paint job, Marina!

Falling in Love
Falling in Love

First and Foremost
First and Foremost

Focal Point
Focal Point

Folklore
Folklore

Fortune Cookie
Fortune Cookie

Frankly Scarlet, soon to be a goner. Only bloom it had all year.
Frankly Scarlet

Fragrant Cloud
Fragrant Cloud

o

Here is my lone F rose and one of my favorites: Frederic Mistral, with photography done by Clare, my granddaughter. Thanks for looking. Diane

Frederic Mistral

Frederic Mistral 1

Frederic Mistral

Frederic Mistral 2

o

We're going so fast I missed your roses, seil. Your Falling in Love looks just like porcelain--beautiful. So sorry about Frankly Scarlet--you mean she has no more "tomorrows"? Thanks for posting your lovely photos. Diane

o

Thank you for posting all these new and old rose photos I save all for my slide show, I like to view during the more "lean" times

o

I always like your "blends," seil. Focal Point being a case in point. Lovely.

Nana, Frederic Mistral is one of those roses I always say I must investigate further--then I never do. For which I'm sorry--what a lovely full-bodied bloom!

Kate

o

Guess what--I found one more "F" rose in my files: Fru Dagmar Hastrup (rugosa rose). Don't really have a good picture of it--this spring will be its third year, so I'm hoping it finally really takes off. In the meantime, I love those wrinkly rugosa leaves.

Fru Dagmar Hastrup (rugosa)--as a youngster in my garden.
Photobucket

Hope I can show a big one by next summer!

Kate

o

Sat, Jan 5, 13 at 20:55

Thanks, Kate! I like your Fru Dagmar too! I've looked at getting that one a couple of times.

o

• Posted by beth NorCA 9 (My Page) on
    Sat, Jan 5, 13 at 22:28

Trying frantically to catch up with youz guys!! LOL

Marina I LOVE that darn FLORENCE D, and FROUFROU JACKIE is to-die-for!! Yummy! And that is NO "little" paint project you did! Beautiful job!!

Seil, your minis are so beautiful! Well, the big ones too!!!

Kate, nice baby FRAU DAGMAR! I'm sure in the coming season we'll see a big difference in her.

Here's what I have for now:

FASCINATION - my baby that came back from the brink of death.
Image Hosting by PictureTrail.com

FRAGRANT PLUM

FRED HOWARD

FIRST ENTERPRISE

FUSHIMI

FRIVOLOUS PINK

FLAMING PEACE

o

I'm trying to get caught up, too, Beth, and you've just added some gorgeous (new to me) roses, such as Fascination--glad it's alive to show its subtle color. Flaming Peace really wows me with its color, and it looks so velvety to me. I love it, and will have to look that one up. Thank you all for posting. We still have lots of letters to go. Diane

o

Beth, I am with Diane - your Flaming Peace is so gorgeous! Love the velvety petals and yellow reverse.

o

Here are my "F" roses.
Clare

French Lace
French Lace

Photobucket
Felcite et Perpetue

o

I love Froufroutante, and Nanodoll, the arrangement is beautiful. Here's my seedling, Fran's Piroutte , which I named for my mother who liked to dance.

o

Close up of French Lace.

o

And Fair Bianca.

o

F's - to your beautiful flowers, I can add Felicia

Felicia

Faith Whittlesey

Faith Whittlesey

o

Thu, Jan 10, 13 at 19:41

Some great new ones here! Erasmus, your seedling is fabulous!

o

Erasmus, I just love your seedling Fran's Piroutte. You must show us more pics next season--that one is probably new to everybody!

harbor, I do like the delicate coloring of Felicia. Same with your equisite pastel French Lace, Aptosco.

Beth's Flaming Peace strikes a completely different tone, but a good exciting one, isn't it.

Kate

o

Thank you Seil, and Dublin Bay. It's just an open pollinated seedling of 4th of July, but I like it. It's often a little lighter pink than the picture, and I think it's fragrant. It is vigorous, maybe a climber, thorny, has excellent rebloom, and is quite double, with about 40 petals. So far it seems to have very good bs resistance. I just got it in the ground yesterday to give it a chance to show me how it grows. Here's a picture of my mother, Fran, when she was a young ballet student. Later she studied modern dance with Martha Graham, and even later she performed in a musical at age 83! Fran was lovely and gave me her love of flowers . I have propagated this rose and think I might register it when I figure out how to do that. The Namesake of the Rose:

o

Erasmus....what a lovely picture. Your mother was very elegant and I love that she is holding roses. Very beautiful. Lesley

o

Clare, (love your name--my granddaughter, Clare, takes my rose photos, and my father's name was Clare also), your close up of French Lace is swoonworthy, just perfection. Now I know why I've wanted that rose for years.
Harborrose, you, too, have produced an exquisite photo in Faith Whittlesey that looks like a painting.
erasmus, Fran's Piroutte is a wonderful tribute to your mother. Her photo certainly captures her grace. She was a beautiful lady.
Thanks everyone for posting your photos. Diane

o

What a gentle and beautiful face your mother had, Erasmus. She looks like a flower, herself. The roses I love best are tough and enduring as well as beautiful, and if your mother was dancing at 83, she must have had those characteristics as well. Thank you for telling us about her; that's quite special.

I went back and looked again at Francine Austin's photo; that type of rose is a favorite of mine. Lovely roses, all of you. Thank you.

o

Thank you.

o

nanadoll - Thank you. Sometimes you get the perfect photo. My name goes back several generations too. And I always thought it was funny that it was the male spelling. Everyone always wants to put an "i" in it.
Clare

o

Clare, I think the Irish and English spelling is Clare and the French is Claire. In my family, both males and females carry the name Clare--at least six of my family. Diane

o

fragrant hour
fragrant hour rose

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Rose Gallery Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here