Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
bethnorcal9

A few orange ones...

bethnorcal9
13 years ago

One of my favorite color classes. (These are pics from last yr)

WILDFIRE

{{gwi:308470}}

WESTERLAND CL

{{gwi:1199185}}

TATTON

{{gwi:1199186}}

SOUTH AFRICA

{{gwi:1199187}}

SEVENTH HEAVEN

{{gwi:341841}}

ROSEMARY HARKNESS

{{gwi:1199188}}

PICANTE

{{gwi:1199190}}

PAREO

{{gwi:1199191}}

MATADOR

{{gwi:1199192}}

LIVERPOOL REMEMBERS

{{gwi:1199193}}

HALLE

{{gwi:1199194}}

EASY DOES IT

{{gwi:1199195}}

CARIBBEAN

{{gwi:1199196}}

BRASS BAND

{{gwi:1199197}}

ALMOST SUNSET

{{gwi:1199198}}

Comments (12)

• inga007
    13 years ago

Thank you Beth.
    Orange roses are my passion, as always, you had a few surprises too. Some I hadn't seen before.

• the_bustopher z6 MO
    13 years ago

Thanks for posting, especially now. I like the orange ones. I have or have had some of the ones in your list.

Do you have the new orange DA's Lady of Shalott on your order list? I ordered that one. If it makes it, I will have the oranges Pat Austin, Lady Emma Hamilton, Summer Song, and Lady of Shalott. I hope to see who is the best of the color group. It might be interesting to compare notes.

• canadian_rose
    13 years ago

Wow! Lovely and interesting.

My favs are:
    Caribbean
    EAsy Does It
    Liverpool Remembers
    Rosemary Harkness
    South Africa
    Wildfire

But I would love to have any of those in my garden. I sure love the oranges!!!

Carol

• bethnorcal9
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thanks Inga & Carol.

Bustopher, I'm trying reeeeally hard not to order that LADY OF SHALOTT! I want to, but just dunno where I'd put it. I was going to do the DA special of ordering 4 get one free, but they won't allow it with new roses, so I didn't do it. Maybe I'll wait til next yr and it won't be a "new" rose!!

• organicgardendreams
    13 years ago

Beth, all your orange roses are quite stunning!

The saturated yellow orange color of South Africa just took my breath away and the coloration of Caribbean is also extraordinary striking.

As others already stated you always have some rose surprises in store. I just love that! Thanks for posting these cheerful roses especially at this time of the year.

Christina

Here is a link that might be useful: Organic Garden Dreams

• iris_gal
    13 years ago

I was just thinking of Brass Band and why it's so little seen.

Love the shot of Rosemary Harkness.

• Maryl (Okla. Zone 7a)
    13 years ago

Love Easy Does It. I'm so hoping that mine does well over its first winter. Your picture of it shows why. Just beautiful...Rosemary Harkness is on my long list. Can you tell me how it is as a cut flower? Any negatives about it you can think of?...The rest of your oranges are lovely too. Liverpool Remembers and South Africa really catch my eye......Maryl

• bethnorcal9
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thanks Christina and Irisgal!

Maryl, I'm sorry I can't really tell you how ROSEMARY HARKNESS is as a cut flower. I rarely ever take the roses inside. I really prefer to enjoy them outside. But, I'm guessing she probably doesn't last all that long. I do know she blooms well and repeats well.

• mindstorm
    13 years ago

Oh wow! Lovely! That South America just about did me in. Liverpool is also so eye-catching. I have DA Pat Austin, I plan to put her in the ground this spring and some of these look so tempting to augment her with. Gorgeous!

• Maryl (Okla. Zone 7a)
    13 years ago

thanks Beth for responding. I usually don't do alot of cut flowers until late fall. Then I figure better my vase then the frost/freeze getting them. I've never seen a picture of your garden at it's peak, when every rose is in bloom (probably spring flush). I bet it's breath taking. Thanks as always for sharing your experience....Maryl

• hosenemesis
    13 years ago

Your photo of Caribbean is wonderful. My mom's neighbor has it and it steals the show when you drive up the street, all of the icebergs and pink roses fall into its shadow.

I remembered why Brass Band was first on my list.
    Renee

• tyler_rose
    13 years ago

LOVE orange roses - yours are delicious!