Montana

Mrs Robinson
Mrs Robinson

Mutabilis
Mutabilis

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Roses "M"

Seil, you've got really beautiful M-roses! Mrs. Robinson is my favorite from this batch. Never heard of this one. Love it's colors and stamens are adorable.
Marina

o

Here are some of my M's.

Macmillan Nurse

Madame Alfred Carriere

Madame Bovary

Madame de Stael

Madame Figaro

Madame Paule Massad

Madame Pierre Oger

Magenta

Malicorne

Malvern Hills

Manuel Canovas

Marbree

Margo Koster

Marianne

Mariatheresia

Marie Bugnet

Marie Pavie

Marinette (RIP - RRD)

Marjorie Fair

Martin Frobisher

Martine Guillot (SP'd - RRD)

Mary Magdalene

Mary Rose

Mary Webb

Matchball

Mayor of Casterbridge (SP'd - RRD)

Mermaid

Michka (aka Garden Sun)

Midnight Blue

Miss Alice

Mistress Quickly

Mme. Hardy

Mon Petit Chou

Mona Lisa

Moonbeam

Moore Striped Rugosa

Morabito

Morning Mist

Morsdag

Mortimer Sackler

Mozart

Mrs. Doreen Pike

Munstead Wood

o

Oooooh, we are into some really good ones with the M's. I'm still reeling over the dark moody Munstead Wood--because I ordered one for spring delivery. Can't wait!

Almost as good and moody is midnight blue, with its gold stamens showing in the center, also one of Marina's pics.

And I adore those wonderful pastel blends--creamy white with light touches of pale apricot and yellow in the center--like Miss Alice and Marianne and a couple others up there.

And I can't believe how many gorgeous "Madames" Marina has--starting with Madame Bovary. They are all wonderful.

And Seil, I'm absolutely in love with Madeleine--don't think I've ever seen so many petals packed into one rose, and those blended shades have me just swooning! Tell me a bit more about her!

I'll post this now and then go look for my "m" roses. I must have one or two, you would think.

Kate

o

• Posted by seil z6b MI (My Page) on
    Sun, Jan 20, 13 at 16:25

OMG, Marina, you collection of M's is magnificent!!! Morning Mist is so pretty! Mrs Robinson was bred by Cliff so I'm surprised you haven't seen it before.

Kate, Madeleine is a miniflora. It's OK but not the most vigorous grower or bloomer. And some times all those petals will refuse to open, lol.

o

• Posted by beth NorCA 9 (My Page) on
    Sun, Jan 20, 13 at 21:35

Seil your photos are so beautiful! Love 'em all!!

And Marina, OMG! What a beautiful collection you have. Your roses always look so clean and healthy. Mine are so full of B/S and weeds and thrips. I love that MALICORNE. I believe I have it coming from RVR. Oh wait a minute... I guess I already got it in the fall.. LOL Geez... Can't wait to see it bloom!

MARVELLE
Image Hosting by PictureTrail.com

MEMPHIS CAJUN mini

MEILLAND DECOR ARLEQUIN

MISS ELVIS

MICHELANGELO (THE PAINTER)

MASQUERADE

MARLON'S DAY

MELLOW YELLOW

MARQUESA ORSOLA SPINOLA

MARIPOSA GEM

MAMON COCHET

MACHO MAN

MILLENNIUM

o

• Posted by TNY78 7a-East TN (My Page) on
    Sun, Jan 20, 13 at 22:35

Madeline (looks like sorbet..yummy), Mardi Gras (I tried it twice, and no results...guess I need to try it from something other than a bodybag!) are my favs of yours, Seil!

Beth, fan of Mariposa Gem (love the reds with white reverse) and you can't help but laugh at a purple rose named Macho Man!

MacMillan Nurse (not famililiar with it!), Morning Mist (can't wai tot see mine once it matures) and Mary Webb (pretty buds!) are my favorites of yours, Marina!

Here are a few of mine...

Tammy

Mutabilis
Photobucket

Moonstone
Photobucket

Mesmerized (lost it a couple of years ago)
Photobucket

Memphis Magic
Photobucket

Memphis Cajan
Photobucket

Mlle de Sombrieule (sorry, I know I spelled that wrong! She didn't even make it through one winter)
Photobucket

Mon Petit Chou
Photobucket

Madame Scipion Cochet
Photobucket

Mint Julip
Photobucket

Milwaukee's Calatrava
Photobucket

Marshmellow Fluff (new this year...and a cute little rose!)
Photobucket

This post was edited by TNY78 on Mon, Jan 21, 13 at 0:37

o

This is the third time I've tried to post pics. Keep screwing it up and accidentally deleting everything. Wish me luck this time--I need it!

Here are my M's--a few more than I had for the other letters.

Mrs. John Laing (hybrid perpetual)--only picture I have of her unfortunately, but you can see her long, lanky arms sprawling around--and her big, plump blooms.
Mrs. John Laing, Hybrid Perpetual Rose 2012 photo mrsjohnlaing.jpg

Memoire (ht)--yes, I cheated a bit. You saw this one before--as "Ice Cream" (her other name) under the I's. : )
Memoire (HT)--first bloom 5/12 photo memoire5-12.jpg

Mortimer Sackler (Austin)--deserves more attention. This is a good tall shrub or climber.
 photo sackler-1.jpg

Mother's Day -- this cute little polyantha was kinda weak its first year. Sure hope it toughens up this next year.
Mother's Day mini rose (polyantha) 2012 photo mothersday4-26-12.jpg

Molineux (Austin)--one of my absolute favorites. Great rebloomer.
Molineux (Austin shrub) photo molineuxxcluster.jpg

Molineux--just blot out the bright pink rose in the foreground and concentrate on the big yellow one behind it. That's Molineux. My spectacular-appearing Molineux is actually three shrubs planted close together. I'm pleased with the results.
Earth Song (Grandiflora) right foreground, Molineux (David Austin rose) center background, lgt blue iris, left, 2012 photo backgardenapr2012.jpg

Molineux--here's a different look. Molineux's colors change all the time.
 photo moliineux4-16-12.jpg

Mayflower (Austin)--usually my earliest rose to bloom.
 photo mayflower4-16-12.jpg

Mystic Beauty (bourbon)--another one of my absolute favorite roses. Delicate beauty, good rebloom, and hardy constitution.
 photo mystbeaut5-13-11.jpg

Whew--I made it through without accidentally deleting anything this time. Hope you enjoyed it.

Kate

o

Ah--for good solid drama--Beth's Millenium and Tammy's Memphis Magic. And Beth has some of the most unusual colored roses--just take a look at her first half dozen pics! And Moonstone is picture perfect, Tammy.

So many wonderful M's!

Kate

o

Mon, Jan 21, 13 at 0:32

Thanks, Kate! I love your Molineaux! I just added mine last year, but its a slow go (grafted on Huey, which doesn't care for my soil...but we'll see). Every time I see a mature bush of it, it is just such a pretty (non-Austin) shape!

Tammy

o

Mon, Jan 21, 13 at 13:17

M seems to have hit a gold mine of beautiful roses!!!

Yep, Beth, you always have some rare and unusual ones to share. Thanks!

Tammy, love the color of Mint julep!

Kate, glad you got those posted! Love Mother's Day and Mystic Beauty!

o

How about a few hardy "M's"?

Marie Victorin:
Hosting provided by FotoTime

Misty Veil:

Mon Cheri:

Morden Blush:

Morden Sunrise:

Morgengruss:

Marie Bugnet:

Mountain Music:

Morning Blush:

o

Mon, Jan 21, 13 at 21:37

AnneCecilia, thyat picture of Marie Victorin is amazing! I looked on HMF, and none of the pictures even come close to yours! Really nice looking rose bush!

Tammy

o

AnneCecelia, love your roses. Especially that big fat bloom of Mon Cheri--wow! At the other extreme, I've always been attracted to the color blend of Morden Sunrise--is that considered a single?

Kate

o

Tue, Jan 22, 13 at 0:31

Beautiful hardy roses, Anne! I agree with Tammy, that Marie Victorin is really special!

o

Marvelous Ms!!

Anne - I've never heard of Morning Blush - it's beautiful!!! Is it out of the Morden breeding program?

Some of the stand out roses to me are:

Madam Scipion Cochet
Mon Petit Chou
Munstead Wood - the color!!!!!!!
and
Molineus - what is its fragrance like?

Thanks everyone!! They're all beautiful and much needed in January.
Carol

o

Wow, I got so behind on the marvelous Ms. I hope you'll bear with this long post.
Seil, Madelaine is a scrumptious beauty, and I love the delicacy of Mrs Robinson and Mutabilis.
Marina, so many beauties...the Madams, so many new to me. I love M Figaro and M Massad. Marina, I so want some the Tantau Roses that have come out in the last few years, especially Mariatheresia and Astrid. Do you know anyone that sells these roses currently on this continent? I also love Marinette, so ruffly and sweet. I'm sorry she is gone. Finally, Midnight Blue and Munstead Wood look so rich, dark, and velvety. I need at least one of them.
Beth, Marvell is a lovely and unique combination of color, and Marlon's Day has an eye catching swirling center.
Tammy, Moonstone is luscious, but my fav has got to be Memphis Magic--oh, boy, just eye popping!
Kate, I agree Mortimer Sackler isn't as well known as some other Austins, but the photos shown in the Ms are very impressive. I love your exquisite Mystic Beauty.
Annececilia, Morning blush is just perfection, and I love the delicate beauty of Misty Veil. I have Morden Sunrise and like it very much, but I don't think I'll post my photo--yours is a LOT better!
Thanks, all of you, for helping to cure the effects of this most awful of January's that we are having here. Your photos are a treasure of beauty. I really appreciate it. Diane

o

Thank you, Tammy and Seil. I've always loved my Marie Victorin's peachy coloring and have tried to "sell" it every time I've heard someone say that Canadian Explorer roses are all blah pink, pink, pink. IMO, it is the most beautiful of those roses.
Kate, would you believe that flower of Mon Cheri was cut in October? Look at the background outside the window behind it! And I could be wrong, but I believe Morden Sunrise would be considered a semi-double.
Carol, Morning Blush is one of those once blooming "modern albas" by Seivers. It is long and lanky (about 7 or 8' canes) and probably would do well with some support. Mine winds its way in and out of neighboring Mary Queen of Scots. Its only fault, and in my opinion it is a big one: it has not a whiff of scent. None. Sad that such a beauty has no soul, isn't it?
Diane, isn't Misty Veil lovely? It was an impulse buy on one of my visits to Roses Unlimited. I saw it in bloom in the greenhouse and snatched it up and carried it back to Michigan. It proved to be quite hardy and is one of my favorite roses. Which just goes to show that buying roses impulsively is NOT necessarily a BAD thing!! LOL.

o

Thanks Anne - once blooming, huh. I wouldn't have guessed that. :)

o

Munstead Wood during summer months... I was hoping for more darker red/black colour.

o

jumbo--thanks for the pic of Munstead Woods--I have one coming this spring. I too am a bit surprised at the "pinker" shade of it in midsummer--although it is still very lovely. Hope both of ours do more with the dark shades--maybe when it is slightly cooler outside? Your MW certainly is looking healthy--can't wait to get mine.

Kate

o

Rosa, 'Midas Touch'

o

Sweet--I've always liked Midas Touch--nice pic too.

Kate

o

Rosa, 'Mister Lincoln'

Not the best likeness to the actual beauty, but, this rose has earned the right to be at least mentioned on the "M" list...and oh, the fragrance! You want to plant Mister Lincoln to the front along the path so you can fully enjoy the fragrance.

o

'Mirandy' - hybrid tea rose
Heavy garnet-red blooms with a sumptuous fragrance.
Long stems make her ideal for cut flowers.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Rose Gallery Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here