Miss Flippins

Montana

Mrs Robinson

Mutabilis

Comments (24)

• the_dark_lady
    11 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

Seil, you've got really beautiful M-roses! Mrs. Robinson is my favorite from this batch. Never heard of this one. Love it's colors and stamens are adorable.
    Marina

• the_dark_lady
    11 years ago

Here are some of my M's.

Macmillan Nurse
    {{gwi:1199626}}

Madame Alfred Carriere
    {{gwi:1199628}}

Madame Bovary
    {{gwi:1199631}}

Madame de Stael
    {{gwi:1199636}}

Madame Figaro
    {{gwi:1199639}}

Madame Paule Massad
    {{gwi:1199642}}

Madame Pierre Oger
    {{gwi:1199645}}

Magenta
    {{gwi:1199648}}

Malicorne
    {{gwi:1199650}}

Malvern Hills
    {{gwi:1199651}}

Manuel Canovas
    {{gwi:1199652}}

Marbree
    {{gwi:1199653}}

Margo Koster
    {{gwi:1199654}}

Marianne
    {{gwi:1199655}}

Mariatheresia
    {{gwi:1199656}}

Marie Bugnet
    {{gwi:1199657}}

Marie Pavie
    {{gwi:1199658}}

Marinette (RIP - RRD)
    {{gwi:1199659}}

Marjorie Fair
    {{gwi:1199660}}

Martin Frobisher
    {{gwi:1199662}}

Martine Guillot (SP'd - RRD)
    {{gwi:1199664}}

Mary Magdalene
    {{gwi:1199665}}

Mary Rose
    {{gwi:1199666}}

Mary Webb
    {{gwi:1199667}}

Matchball
    {{gwi:1199668}}

Mayor of Casterbridge (SP'd - RRD)
    {{gwi:1199669}}

Mermaid
    {{gwi:1199671}}

Michka (aka Garden Sun)
    {{gwi:1199672}}

Midnight Blue
    {{gwi:1199673}}

Miss Alice
    {{gwi:1199674}}

Mistress Quickly
    {{gwi:1199675}}

Mme. Hardy
    {{gwi:1199676}}

Mon Petit Chou
    {{gwi:1199677}}

Mona Lisa
    {{gwi:1199678}}

Moonbeam
    {{gwi:1199679}}

Moore Striped Rugosa
    {{gwi:1199680}}

Morabito
    {{gwi:1199681}}

Morning Mist
    {{gwi:1199683}}

Morsdag
    {{gwi:1199685}}

{{gwi:1199687}}

Mortimer Sackler
    {{gwi:1199689}}

Mozart
    {{gwi:1199691}}

Mrs. Doreen Pike
    {{gwi:1199694}}

Munstead Wood
    {{gwi:1199697}}

{{gwi:1199700}}

• dublinbay z6 (KS)
    11 years ago

Oooooh, we are into some really good ones with the M's. I'm still reeling over the dark moody Munstead Wood--because I ordered one for spring delivery. Can't wait!

Almost as good and moody is midnight blue, with its gold stamens showing in the center, also one of Marina's pics.

And I adore those wonderful pastel blends--creamy white with light touches of pale apricot and yellow in the center--like Miss Alice and Marianne and a couple others up there.

And I can't believe how many gorgeous "Madames" Marina has--starting with Madame Bovary. They are all wonderful.

And Seil, I'm absolutely in love with Madeleine--don't think I've ever seen so many petals packed into one rose, and those blended shades have me just swooning! Tell me a bit more about her!

I'll post this now and then go look for my "m" roses. I must have one or two, you would think.

Kate

• seil zone 6b MI
    Original Author
    11 years ago

OMG, Marina, you collection of M's is magnificent!!! Morning Mist is so pretty! Mrs Robinson was bred by Cliff so I'm surprised you haven't seen it before.

Kate, Madeleine is a miniflora. It's OK but not the most vigorous grower or bloomer. And some times all those petals will refuse to open, lol.

• bethnorcal9
    11 years ago

Seil your photos are so beautiful! Love 'em all!!

And Marina, OMG! What a beautiful collection you have. Your roses always look so clean and healthy. Mine are so full of B/S and weeds and thrips. I love that MALICORNE. I believe I have it coming from RVR. Oh wait a minute... I guess I already got it in the fall.. LOL Geez... Can't wait to see it bloom!

MARVELLE
    {{gwi:1199703}}

MEMPHIS CAJUN mini
    {{gwi:1199706}}

MEILLAND DECOR ARLEQUIN
    {{gwi:1199709}}

MISS ELVIS
    {{gwi:1199713}}

MICHELANGELO (THE PAINTER)
    {{gwi:1199715}}

MASQUERADE
    {{gwi:1199717}}

MARLON'S DAY
    {{gwi:1199719}}

MELLOW YELLOW
    {{gwi:1199721}}

MARQUESA ORSOLA SPINOLA
    {{gwi:1199723}}

MARIPOSA GEM
    {{gwi:1199725}}

MAMON COCHET
    {{gwi:1199727}}

MACHO MAN
    {{gwi:1199729}}

MILLENNIUM
    {{gwi:1199731}}

• TNY78
    11 years ago

Madeline (looks like sorbet..yummy), Mardi Gras (I tried it twice, and no results...guess I need to try it from something other than a bodybag!) are my favs of yours, Seil!

Beth, fan of Mariposa Gem (love the reds with white reverse) and you can't help but laugh at a purple rose named Macho Man!

MacMillan Nurse (not famililiar with it!), Morning Mist (can't wai tot see mine once it matures) and Mary Webb (pretty buds!) are my favorites of yours, Marina!

Here are a few of mine...

Tammy

Mutabilis
    {{gwi:1199733}}

Moonstone
    {{gwi:1199735}}

Mesmerized (lost it a couple of years ago)
    {{gwi:1199737}}

Memphis Magic
    {{gwi:1199741}}

Memphis Cajan
    {{gwi:1199745}}

Mlle de Sombrieule (sorry, I know I spelled that wrong! She didn't even make it through one winter)
    {{gwi:1199749}}

Mon Petit Chou
    {{gwi:1199753}}

Madame Scipion Cochet
    {{gwi:1199757}}

Mint Julip
    {{gwi:1199760}}

Milwaukee's Calatrava
    {{gwi:1199762}}

Marshmellow Fluff (new this year...and a cute little rose!)
    {{gwi:1199764}}

This post was edited by TNY78 on Mon, Jan 21, 13 at 0:37

• dublinbay z6 (KS)
    11 years ago

This is the third time I've tried to post pics. Keep screwing it up and accidentally deleting everything. Wish me luck this time--I need it!

Here are my M's--a few more than I had for the other letters.

Mrs. John Laing (hybrid perpetual)--only picture I have of her unfortunately, but you can see her long, lanky arms sprawling around--and her big, plump blooms.
    {{gwi:310552}}

Memoire (ht)--yes, I cheated a bit. You saw this one before--as "Ice Cream" (her other name) under the I's. : )

Mortimer Sackler (Austin)--deserves more attention. This is a good tall shrub or climber.
    {{gwi:208903}}

Mother's Day -- this cute little polyantha was kinda weak its first year. Sure hope it toughens up this next year.
    {{gwi:207551}}

Molineux (Austin)--one of my absolute favorites. Great rebloomer.
    {{gwi:207545}}

Molineux--just blot out the bright pink rose in the foreground and concentrate on the big yellow one behind it. That's Molineux. My spectacular-appearing Molineux is actually three shrubs planted close together. I'm pleased with the results.
    {{gwi:259578}}

Molineux--here's a different look. Molineux's colors change all the time.
    {{gwi:218932}}

Mayflower (Austin)--usually my earliest rose to bloom.
    {{gwi:208901}}

Mystic Beauty (bourbon)--another one of my absolute favorite roses. Delicate beauty, good rebloom, and hardy constitution.
    {{gwi:236892}}

Whew--I made it through without accidentally deleting anything this time. Hope you enjoyed it.

Kate

• dublinbay z6 (KS)
    11 years ago

Ah--for good solid drama--Beth's Millenium and Tammy's Memphis Magic. And Beth has some of the most unusual colored roses--just take a look at her first half dozen pics! And Moonstone is picture perfect, Tammy.

So many wonderful M's!

Kate

• TNY78
    11 years ago

Thanks, Kate! I love your Molineaux! I just added mine last year, but its a slow go (grafted on Huey, which doesn't care for my soil...but we'll see). Every time I see a mature bush of it, it is just such a pretty (non-Austin) shape!

Tammy

• seil zone 6b MI
    Original Author
    11 years ago

M seems to have hit a gold mine of beautiful roses!!!

Yep, Beth, you always have some rare and unusual ones to share. Thanks!

Tammy, love the color of Mint julep!

Kate, glad you got those posted! Love Mother's Day and Mystic Beauty!

• AnneCecilia z5 MI
    11 years ago

How about a few hardy "M's"?

Marie Victorin:
    {{gwi:206444}}

Misty Veil:

Mon Cheri:
    {{gwi:313281}}

Morden Blush:

Morden Sunrise:
    {{gwi:331605}}

Morgengruss:
    {{gwi:287467}}

Marie Bugnet:

Mountain Music:

Morning Blush:

• TNY78
    11 years ago

AnneCecilia, thyat picture of Marie Victorin is amazing! I looked on HMF, and none of the pictures even come close to yours! Really nice looking rose bush!

Tammy

• dublinbay z6 (KS)
    11 years ago

AnneCecelia, love your roses. Especially that big fat bloom of Mon Cheri--wow! At the other extreme, I've always been attracted to the color blend of Morden Sunrise--is that considered a single?

Kate

• seil zone 6b MI
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Beautiful hardy roses, Anne! I agree with Tammy, that Marie Victorin is really special!

• canadian_rose
    11 years ago

Marvelous Ms!!

Anne - I've never heard of Morning Blush - it's beautiful!!! Is it out of the Morden breeding program?

Some of the stand out roses to me are:

Madam Scipion Cochet
    Mon Petit Chou
    Munstead Wood - the color!!!!!!!
    and
    Molineus - what is its fragrance like?

Thanks everyone!! They're all beautiful and much needed in January.
    Carol

• nanadollZ7 SWIdaho
    11 years ago

Wow, I got so behind on the marvelous Ms. I hope you'll bear with this long post.
    Seil, Madelaine is a scrumptious beauty, and I love the delicacy of Mrs Robinson and Mutabilis.
    Marina, so many beauties...the Madams, so many new to me. I love M Figaro and M Massad. Marina, I so want some the Tantau Roses that have come out in the last few years, especially Mariatheresia and Astrid. Do you know anyone that sells these roses currently on this continent? I also love Marinette, so ruffly and sweet. I'm sorry she is gone. Finally, Midnight Blue and Munstead Wood look so rich, dark, and velvety. I need at least one of them.
    Beth, Marvell is a lovely and unique combination of color, and Marlon's Day has an eye catching swirling center.
    Tammy, Moonstone is luscious, but my fav has got to be Memphis Magic--oh, boy, just eye popping!
    Kate, I agree Mortimer Sackler isn't as well known as some other Austins, but the photos shown in the Ms are very impressive. I love your exquisite Mystic Beauty.
    Annececilia, Morning blush is just perfection, and I love the delicate beauty of Misty Veil. I have Morden Sunrise and like it very much, but I don't think I'll post my photo--yours is a LOT better!
    Thanks, all of you, for helping to cure the effects of this most awful of January's that we are having here. Your photos are a treasure of beauty. I really appreciate it. Diane

• AnneCecilia z5 MI
    11 years ago

Thank you, Tammy and Seil. I've always loved my Marie Victorin's peachy coloring and have tried to "sell" it every time I've heard someone say that Canadian Explorer roses are all blah pink, pink, pink. IMO, it is the most beautiful of those roses.
    Kate, would you believe that flower of Mon Cheri was cut in October? Look at the background outside the window behind it! And I could be wrong, but I believe Morden Sunrise would be considered a semi-double.
    Carol, Morning Blush is one of those once blooming "modern albas" by Seivers. It is long and lanky (about 7 or 8' canes) and probably would do well with some support. Mine winds its way in and out of neighboring Mary Queen of Scots. Its only fault, and in my opinion it is a big one: it has not a whiff of scent. None. Sad that such a beauty has no soul, isn't it?
    Diane, isn't Misty Veil lovely? It was an impulse buy on one of my visits to Roses Unlimited. I saw it in bloom in the greenhouse and snatched it up and carried it back to Michigan. It proved to be quite hardy and is one of my favorite roses. Which just goes to show that buying roses impulsively is NOT necessarily a BAD thing!! LOL.

• canadian_rose
    11 years ago

Thanks Anne - once blooming, huh. I wouldn't have guessed that. :)

• jumbojimmy
    11 years ago

Munstead Wood during summer months... I was hoping for more darker red/black colour.

• dublinbay z6 (KS)
    11 years ago

jumbo--thanks for the pic of Munstead Woods--I have one coming this spring. I too am a bit surprised at the "pinker" shade of it in midsummer--although it is still very lovely. Hope both of ours do more with the dark shades--maybe when it is slightly cooler outside? Your MW certainly is looking healthy--can't wait to get mine.

Kate

• Annie
    11 years ago

Rosa, 'Midas Touch'

• dublinbay z6 (KS)
    11 years ago

Sweet--I've always liked Midas Touch--nice pic too.

Kate

• Annie
    11 years ago

Rosa, 'Mister Lincoln'

Not the best likeness to the actual beauty, but, this rose has earned the right to be at least mentioned on the "M" list...and oh, the fragrance! You want to plant Mister Lincoln to the front along the path so you can fully enjoy the fragrance.

• Annie
    11 years ago

'Mirandy' - hybrid tea rose
    Heavy garnet-red blooms with a sumptuous fragrance.
    Long stems make her ideal for cut flowers.

Sponsored
EA Home Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars69 Reviews
Loudoun County's Trusted Kitchen & Bath Designers | Best of Houzz