Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jess2132000

Pictures of Arbors!!

jess2132000
15 years ago

I have a few photos one is not mine but wish it was!!! Anyone have a arbor photo to share??

Cecile Brunner

Gold Badge

Comments (55)

• kristin_flower
    15 years ago

Wow! I adore roses on arbors.

Geodave - What is that pink rose? Is it growing in zone 4?

• geodave
    15 years ago

Hi Kristin flower,

It is the Centifolia/china mix, Fantin Latour. If you really want to have this type of rose this size you'll need to purchase a 6'x 25' cement blanket at your local quarry or real builders supply store and cover it every winter. Otherwise, it dies back to about three feet.

• janetsplanet1953
    15 years ago

Eden and jean la joi

Here is a link that might be useful:

• jess2132000
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Very pretty eden!! How long has that been there? Does it bloom most the summer??

• rayshine
    15 years ago

I adore roses on arbors too!

• janetsplanet1953
    15 years ago

thanks Jess. Eden blooms off and on all summer and even in october. So does Jean La Joi. They were planted 6 years ago. Pruned lightly until this year they've been pruned more heavily and I hope I dont regret it. They were getting so big I was afraid the spindly arbor would be pulled over in a storm.

I need practice so I can post the photo here like the rest
    of you did.

• jumbojimmy
    15 years ago

Great photos, everyone!

I especially love pink climbing roses.

Janetsplanet1953 - Your Eden rose looks AMAZINGLY BEAUTIFUL!!! You should try posting them on the board.

&

GEODAVE - What's the name of that pink climbing rose?

• katefisher
    15 years ago

JP53:

If you need some assistance with the embedding process email me and I would be glad to walk you through it. Thanks.

Kate

• debnfla8b
    15 years ago

Kate...that's about the prettiest arbor I've seen in a while. I love how you twined them together!

I have 4 nekked arbors....waiting for me to plant roses on either side. I think I'm going to have a lot of fun deciding what rose to get!!!

I love your picture though!!!!

Deb

• aprilscott12
    15 years ago

WOW! Kate! I can only PRAY my Eden's do that well!!! That is GORGEOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    April

• katefisher
    15 years ago

Deb and April:

That image belongs to the poster above janetsplanet1953. I was just embedding the image for her rather than using a link to find the picture. It is awful pretty though isn't it?

Kate

• carla17
    15 years ago

janetsplanet, that is a gorgeous picture of Eden!

Carla

• janetsplanet1953
    15 years ago

THANK YOU KATE FOR HELPING ME POST THE PICTURE LIKE THE
    OTHERS!! :) I have patience in the dirt but not
    on the darn computer. Figure if I could put them on
    photobucket I can figure out how to share them with you
    guys. I'll get to it someday and YES Kate I may email
    you for help.

Thanks everyone for the compliments. Everyones roses here
    are so beautiful that I come here for inspiration.

I really like the simple wood arbor on the Westerland
    photo. My poor cheapo OSH arbor is not holding up
    the rose anymore, EDEN is holding up the arbor!! LOL!

• geodave
    15 years ago

Hey Jess, Your vacation rose (where did you go?) might could be Zepherine Drouhin.

Jumbojimmy - the pink rose is 'Fantin Latour'

Janetsplanet - dreamy picture - you might want to find the book, I think its out of print, "gardening with Old Roses," by John Scarman. The section on pruning is a must have.

• janetsplanet1953
    15 years ago

GeoDave: I have that book! Just pulled it out and looks
    like alot of good info and good photos as well. Thanks!

• knightofroses
    15 years ago

Hey janetsplanet! Is that one Eden or two on that arbor?

• zeffyrose
    15 years ago

I'm enjoying this post---I love arbors----

This is Albertine---this is a basic arbor my DH built--it is in there somewhere---LOL
    {{gwi:205633}}

Another basic arbor with Zephirine Drouhin

{{gwi:205635}}

Florence

• jess2132000
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Florence... how does Zephy do for you with reblooming? I hear some say she is not a good rebloomer..

• zeffyrose
    15 years ago

Jess-----I would say just some occasional blooms off and on during the summer. Nothing like the first full blush in early summer-----
    She blooms early for me and the fragrance is divine-----Something to look forward to during the cold winter months.

Florence

• janetsplanet1953
    15 years ago

To Knightofroses: One Eden and one Jean La Joi on each side. the Edens are much bigger and I plan
    on paying more attention and pampering the Jeans this year but Eden is just a much larger grower anyway. The combo is fun.

Zeffyrose: Gorgeous arbors!! Wow!

• jess2132000
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Does Eden bloom most of the summer or only once?

• janetsplanet1953
    15 years ago

Eden blooms off and on all summer and even into October.

• dublinbay z6 (KS)
    15 years ago

Janet-
    as for posting pics here, if you already have your photos in photobucket, the "hard" part is done. Now, run your cursor below the pic and click on the "HTML" box. Next, come back to GardenWeb and paste that html address in the message box here. (You can type above and below it). Click on the "PREVIEW" box, and you should be able to see your pic--and complete the posting.

Kate

• janetsplanet1953
    15 years ago

OK Kate. Gonna try it. So how about a photo of my Renae
    on arbor and arching out to the left on the redwood picket fence, and thats a young Yolanda D'aragon to the left.

• janetsplanet1953
    15 years ago

and now that I found out how easy this is thanks to Kate here is Chinatown on a spindly cheap green metal arch that has blown over, broken and the picture doesnt do the rose justice because when the sun is setting the flowers glow like they are plugged in. An awesome rose. Zero disease as I have sprayed 2x in 12 years and that rose rocks all summer.

• jess2132000
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Love your photos janet!!!

• janetsplanet1953
    15 years ago

thanks Jess (my sons name by the way) and Happy Birthday
    to us, mine is 11th May. :)

• pauline-vi-8
    15 years ago

WOW, All absolutely fabulous...and Janetsplanet your arbour with Eden and Jean la Joi is breathtaking. I heave Eden growing on one of my rose arches and Jean la Joi on part of the other side of the arch, (it is a deep arch) so maybe I can encourage a similar affect. I hope so.
    Thanks guys.
    Pauline

• janetsplanet1953
    15 years ago

Pauline: YES, YOU CAN!! LOL :)
    Jean La Joi is a great rose just like Eden. She blooms
    over and over all summer with a little love.
    I hope to pamper mine better this year. I've really sorta
    neglected her but she bloomed like crazy. and NO disease. Yahoo.

• jess2132000
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Janet thats cool about your bday!! I love my bday as I can buy myself more roses as a bday gift so May is a wonderful month for me!!!
    I was looking at Dream Weaver for a arbor but now might what to do this combo of Eden and Jean La Joi instead!!!
    So nice!!

• zeffyrose
    15 years ago

Janet---I love Eden and Jean together--that is a spectacular picture.

Florence

• Prettypetals_GA_7-8
    15 years ago

Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous!!!!!!!!!! I love everyones arbors. I hope to get a couple more going this year. Keep em coming. Judy

• janetsplanet1953
    15 years ago

thank you Florence!! Everything is so bare now but I see
    signs of growth with the unseasonally warm weather we
    have had. Now we really need some rain out here or there
    will be water rationing and then it will be stressful.

• zeffyrose
    15 years ago

Janet---I'm enjoying your roses ---What is your zone ?----

I'm still drooling over Eden and Jean---they look so lush---
    Florence

• dublinbay z6 (KS)
    15 years ago

Janet, you're roses are so lovely. I'm glad you can post them now--so I can enjoy them! LOL

Kate

• ljlatin03
    15 years ago

Any pic of New Dawn in an Arbor?

Jose

• carriehelene
    15 years ago

Sure Jose, here you go. Not the best of pictures though. New Dawn on an arbor.
    {{gwi:1199830}}

Closer picture, you can see where the 2 bushes are working on meeting in the middle.
    {{gwi:1199831}}

• ljlatin03
    15 years ago

Thank you for the pictures they look grade. How old is the plant? Is that a clematis in picture 2? What is the name?

Jose

• carriehelene
    15 years ago

You are welcome Jose. The roses are 5 years old. The arbor is 2 years old. Might I recommend from personal experience building the arbor before planting the roses lol. The roses grew an unbelievable amount that first 2 years, the arbor was installed early spring of the 3rd. It was a scarring and difficult installation.

Yes, there are 2 clematis in the picture. The purple one against the wall is Jackmanii, there is also a white one named Belle of Woking growing with the roses up the arbor.

• teka2rjleffel
    15 years ago

My Goodness Jess, what are you feeding that Cecile Brunner? It is amazingly gorgeous. I have a baby (not the climbing version). Yours has inspired me.
    Nancy

• ljlatin03
    15 years ago

what would be a nice clematis to grow whit New Dawn? Any suggerstions?

• jessicaharwell
    14 years ago

I recently purchased my first arbor for my garden. I found one on sale and got free shipping! I included the link below in case anyone is in the market for a new arbor! I hope that my arbor turns out as beautiful as the pictures above! Thanks for sharing.

{{gwi:1199832}}

Here is a link that might be useful: Garden Arbors

• texaslynn
    14 years ago

Holy Moly - how did I miss this post last year? Those pictures are incredible!

Lynn

• jess2132000
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Its that time of year again when we think about what roses we might want to buy and I really like to come back to this post from time to time. So nice to see some new photos posted here.

• cincy_city_garden
    14 years ago

Here's mine. New Dawn is planted on the left and Parade is on the right. Looking forward to it getting covered this year!

{{gwi:305930}}

Eric

• jess2132000
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Here is my parade and Kathleen Harrop Climber is on the left. This was last years photo My Parade by end of summer was all the way up and around the top come fall. This years picture will be nicer yet.

Here is a link that might be useful: Arbor with Kathleen Harrop and Parade Rose

• jess2132000
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Let me try this again..

Here is a link that might be useful:

• jess2132000
    Original Author
    14 years ago

One more without the dog

Here is a link that might be useful: {{gwi:1199821}}

• canadian_rose
    14 years ago

Oh what a treat this was!!! I mean, honestly, no wonder we all love roses so much. Just incredible!!!

Carol

• iris_gal
    14 years ago

Jess,
    I love your combination of Parade and Kathleen Harrop. Lovely!