Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
the_dark_lady

Roses "Q"

the_dark_lady
11 years ago

I think our Q-list of roses is not going to be as big as some other letter's threads.

Here are a few from me:

Quadra (back lit shot)

Quai des Brumes (aka Griselis). Unfortunately, my photo does not show the very unusual grayish color of the bloom.

Queen Nefertiti

Queen of Hearts (Kordes)
{{gwi:1287533}}

Queen of Sweden

Quietness (one of my favorite Buck's roses)
{{gwi:277800}}

This post was edited by the_dark_lady on Thu, Jan 31, 13 at 9:08

Comments (8)

• dublinbay z6 (KS)
    11 years ago

Dark Lady already showed you a couple of cool pics of Queen of Sweden, but you're going to have to suffer through one more--cuz that is the only "Q" rose in my garden.

Queen of Sweden (Austin)--short hedgerow to block out the view of the neighbor's (messy) backyard!
    {{gwi:218931}}

Let's see your queens--somebody must grow Queen Nefertiti--I love her!

Kate

• dublinbay z6 (KS)
    11 years ago

Oops--Dark Lady already showed Queen Nefertiti--well, I like it!

Your Kordes Queen--two-toned--is great too. And Quietness is always a lovely one!

Kate

• TNY78
    11 years ago

We can never get too much of Queen of Sweden! Its one of my favorite Austins...so, everyone will have to see one of my pics of it too :)

Marina, I looked up Quai des Brumes on HMF...and it really has amazing grey-ish color! Pretty rose!

Tammy

Queen Elizabeth
    {{gwi:1199931}}

Quatre Saisons Blanc Mousseux
    {{gwi:1199934}}

Queen of Sweden
    {{gwi:1199936}}

Queen of Hearts Fairy Tale
    {{gwi:1199938}}

• dublinbay z6 (KS)
    11 years ago

I think we can safely conclude that Queen of Sweden is very photogenic!

Your Queen Elizabeth is very nice also, Tammy.

Kate

• seil zone 6b MI
    11 years ago

Love that Queen of Hearts, Marina!

Your Queen of Sweden is beautiful, Kate!

Wow, a different Queen of Hearts, Tammy, cool!

Just two of the usual for me.

Queen Elizabeth

and Quietness

• bethnorcal9
    11 years ago

Beautiful Q's guys!! I actually have 8 Q roses, but only have one pic from last season that I can post. I haven't come across any others in my re-tweaking saga. In fact this one I still haven't come across. It's just still in my Picturetrail albums. Not the best looking bloom!! Oh well...

QUEEN OF HEARTS
    {{gwi:1199941}}

• nanadollZ7 SWIdaho
    11 years ago

On to the Qs and Queens. I'm starting to catch up.
    Those Quadra blooms are spectacular, Marina. I didn't know this rose could be so gorgeous. I love Queen of Hearts' unique coloring, another new one to me. And Queen of Sweden with the campanula makes me want to grow bellflowers again. Quietness is just luscious. I don't know how I'll find room for all these roses now on my wish list.
    More quintessential queenliness (sorry) with the photo of your lush Queen of Sweden, Kate.
    I'm impressed with your petal packed Queen of Hearts Fairy Tale, Tammy. Is this a different rose from Marina's Q of Hearts?
    Seil, more queenliness with your beauties. What a sweet rose Quietness is, so perfectly named.
    And finally, another Queen of Hearts with still another look, Beth. Must be several roses with this name. All are lovely.
    Thanks for posting all your queens and other lovelies.This alphabet continues to be so much fun to see--and certainly a learning experience for me about what roses are out there. Diane

• TNY78
    11 years ago

You're right Diane, we are full of Queen of Hearts on this post :) The Queen of Hearts I have is a Kordes floribunda released in 2000. I got mine from Palatine last year. I think the one Marina has is the Kordes hybrid tea from the Freelander series released in 2005 (of course I may be wrong, so please correct me if I am Marina). I'm not sure which Beth has, but it looks more like the HT to me. Really confusing since their colors are so similar (although when I picture a queen of hearts, the color red comes to mind).

Tammy