Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
queenbee_1_gw

Please show me your----

queenbee_1
12 years ago

JFK, Pascali, Olymiad, The Fairy, Sun Sprite, Mirandy! And give me your opinions and experiences w/ them! I wasn't sure where to post this because I really would love to see the pictures AND get your opinions on them.. I am picking these up in the morning. They are all new to me.. Thank you so much... QB

Comments (5)

• funnelweb
    12 years ago

Seduction, Frau Dagmar Halstrup, Canary Bird, Nearly Wild, Balerina., etc., etc.
    As my roses suffer from Aphids and Black-spot, I find the old fashioned varieties resist better than the hybrids. And, I love to go smell their scent(s), and dig out the weeds that bother them, nude! Pasquali I had but it didn't suit my (US) zone 10 (sub-tropics). 'The Fairy' was ok but I should have given it more attention - it got a bit big. Sun-sprite, too, was ok. You need space, time and patience for roses. I have rose photos in 'photobucket' and in previous messages here, if you'd like to see them, I'll post them.

Regards.
    B.

• ken-n.ga.mts
    12 years ago

Funnelweb----Post away!!!! Love seeing roses from Australia.

• queenbee_1
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thank you for your in-put.. I would love to see your posts, Funnelweb.. Space--not a problem, I have 100 acres to plant any way I want. Time-- semi retired--just babysitting for my 4 yr. old grandson after preschool.. Water, I have two ponds to irrigate from when needed. Muscle-- two tractors to help prepare beds/rows.. Vases--gottem. LOL.. I have 62 roses in the ground--picked up 12 more today, 15 on order to be del. in a few weeks... BUT I am just getting started..

• seil zone 6b MI
    12 years ago

I had JFK several years ago but it finally went one winter. I didn't replace it. The buds were huge and lovely but they would not open in my humidity. So if you have high humidities where ever you are I wouldn't suggest it. Pope John Paul II has been a much better white HT for me. It opens reliably and has a wonderful fragrance!

I gave Sunsprite away last season. It just didn't do anything for me. It bloomed but the blooms blow open very quickly and look like used tissues. I'd recommend Julia Child instead. Much prettier blooms that last a long time and it smells good too!

• ken-n.ga.mts
    12 years ago

Take a look at the Nelson Roses web site. Fortuniana rootstock grows quite well in zone 7. I know, over 1/2 of my roses are on fortuniana. JFK grows like a weed and I think you'll like their selection.