Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sara_ann_gw

Show us your bi-colored & multi-colored roses

sara_ann-z6bok
10 years ago

I hope it is OK for me start a thread for bi-colored and multi-colored roses. I only have a few and would love to see more. I'll start with mine -

DOUBLE DELIGHT

Comments (56)

• bethnorcal9
    10 years ago

Some of these might be posted in the alphabet threads.

BOLSHOI
    {{gwi:1200574}}

BETTY BOOP
    {{gwi:1200575}}

DELTA GOLD
    {{gwi:1196453}}

DICK CLARK
    {{gwi:1196457}}

CHIVALRY
    {{gwi:1200577}}

KISS OF FIRE
    {{gwi:1200578}}

LAGUNA
    {{gwi:1200579}}

KETCHUP & MUSTARD
    {{gwi:1200580}}

NOVELTY
    {{gwi:1200581}}

MARLON'S DAY
    {{gwi:1200582}}

MILESTONE
    {{gwi:1200583}}

PRINCESSE DE MONACO
    {{gwi:1200584}}

PARFUM DE GRASSE

PARTY TIME

REMEMBER ME
    {{gwi:347231}}

SOLITUDE

SUMMER NIGHTS
    {{gwi:241376}}

TEQUILA SUNRISE

VENDEE IMPERIALE
    {{gwi:244299}}

• view1ny NY 6-7
    10 years ago

Love

• view1ny NY 6-7
    10 years ago

Baby Paradise

• view1ny NY 6-7
    10 years ago

Signature

• view1ny NY 6-7
    10 years ago

Peace

• view1ny NY 6-7
    10 years ago

Double Delight

• nanadollZ7 SWIdaho
    10 years ago

Sara-Ann, I especially love your beautiful Peace photo. Is she a favorite of yours? I've loved Peace since I was about ten when my Dad started growing it the 1950s. You can't imagine what a sensation that rose was then. I still remember those huge fat blooms on his "Peace Rose".
    Kate, what an eye grabbing pic of petal packed Red Intuition. It's gorgeous.
    Laguna and Kiss of Fire are my kind of bicolors, Beth. I love a delicate pink-yellow combination, and these two roses are scrumptious. I think my favorite is the unusual Remember Me. But I can't describe those luscious subdued colors--so different.
    View1ny, I love the different look of your Peace. Another favorite of mine are bee pics, and your bee visitor on Double Delight is a cute one.
    Thanks for posting some your blends and bicolors. Diane

• nanadollZ7 SWIdaho
    10 years ago

I think I'll post more than one photo of my favorite multicolored rose, Augusta Luise. She goes through so many color stages, it's hard to pin down just what color she really is. Diane
    Is she orange?

• nanadollZ7 SWIdaho
    10 years ago

Is Augusta bright pink? Diane

• nanadollZ7 SWIdaho
    10 years ago

Or is she light pink? Whatever she is I like it very much. Diane

• sara_ann-z6bok
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Beth - I love your combos! Milestone is a rose I've always wanted so I'm getting it this year. Others that caught my eye are Party Time, Summer Nights and Tequila Sunrise. View1ny - Don't know why I forgot my Love, I planted an own root one in '13. I used to grow it and it would be covered with picture perfect blooms in the early fall. Love your Signature and the lovely Peace bloom too. Diane - Yes, I do love the Peace rose. It has been around so long that even people who don't know much at all about roses seem to be familiar with it and seem to like it. I can always detect a light fragrance from it and apparently some think it has a strong fragrance. I think it is so great that you have that wonderful memory from your childhood. Your Augusta Luise is gorgeous. Don't know if I like the orange or pink best, it's beautiful at all stages!

• dublinbay z6 (KS)
    10 years ago

Beth, you have several of the yellow and reddish shades. Love that color combination!

I didn't think I particularly liked the Love rose, but view's Love is very attractive. Looks nice in a cluster of blooms.

Kate

• view1ny NY 6-7
    10 years ago

Kate, I wasn't so crazy about my Love rose either, but right now in the dead of winter when all I can do is look at garden pics it's looking pretty good! I was thinking of giving it away to make room for another rose, but how can I do that now since it cheered me up so much in January? I'm going to give it another season in my garden & then decide what to do with it.

• pat_bamaz7
    10 years ago

Way too many great ones posted for me to try to pick favorites...they are all so beautiful!

IâÂÂve got quite a few, so I wonâÂÂt post them all and have tried to pick pictures of these that I haven't posted before (but my memory is not great, so who knows). Here it goes:

Cherry Parfait

Chris Evert

Centennial Star

Colorific

Coretta Scott King

Falling in Love

Gruss an Aachen

Heart oâÂÂGold

Ketchup and Mustard

Love & Peace

Love

Paradise

Rio Samba

Strike it Rich

Voodoo

• sara_ann-z6bok
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Wow Pat, those are all gorgeous! Go ahead, post them all, we don't mind!

• lesmc
    10 years ago

Rock and Roll....I have two! Lesley

• lesmc
    10 years ago

Cherry Parfait....a really good rose in my garden! Lesley

• view1ny NY 6-7
    10 years ago

I forgot about Bride's Dream with a tinge of pink at the edges of the petals.

• view1ny NY 6-7
    10 years ago

This pic of James Galway clearly displays the different shades of pink. Not sure if this is considered bi-colored, but here it is anyway.

• sara_ann-z6bok
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Lesley - I was hoping you had a contribution, love your Rock-N-Roll and your Cherry Parfait is so pretty, thanks for sharing. View1ny, your Bride's Dream looks elegant. I think James Galway is such a pretty color, very nice, thank you.

• dublinbay z6 (KS)
    10 years ago

Pat, your pic of Rio Samba is absolutely wonderful!

View--I'm becoming quite enamored of James Galway--never paid much attention to it before, but have seen several pics of it recently. Were those all yours? It is truly a handsome rose.

Kate

• view1ny NY 6-7
    10 years ago

Kate, I have a feeling that most of the James Galway pics you've seen recently were mine. I seriously love this rose.

I have a bad case of winteritis & miss my garden so much. All I can do right now is post pics & drool over everyone else's. It's as much fun as a lot of us can have right now.

• sara_ann-z6bok
    Original Author
    10 years ago

FRAGRANT PLUM

• seil zone 6b MI
    10 years ago

Wow! I think these are all gorgeous!

• river_crossroads z8b Central Louisiana
    10 years ago

Rainbow's End, Cl., after the rain. Climbing miniature!

• sara_ann-z6bok
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Pretty color combo, rivercrossroads.

• river_crossroads z8b Central Louisiana
    10 years ago

Thanks, Sara-Ann! Like yours, too, esp your âÂÂSheila's Perfume,â which I have been trying to smell through the computer. So many pretty roses here that don't get enough attention. Thanks for starting the thread, Sara-Ann, and thanks for sharing, everyone!

• Brittie - La Porte, TX 9a
    10 years ago

This is a dangerously, enabling thread! I LOVE blends.

Nicole Carol Miller

10 years ago

Spiced Coffee

• sara_ann-z6bok
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Brittie - Love your blends, beautiful! How do you like your Nicole Carol Miller? That is one I have on my ever growing wish list.

10 years ago

NCM is probably my favorite out of the roses I purchased last year. Got it bareroot from Regan, and it really took off running. Bloomed like crazy without any disease that I recall. I'm very happy with it.

Editing to add that it is also strongly fragrant. :)

This post was edited by brittie on Sat, Feb 1, 14 at 19:04

• sara_ann-z6bok
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thank you Brittie for the info on NCM, I just now checked back here. Sounds like she's a really good rose.

• seil zone 6b MI
    10 years ago

I must have missed this one earlier. I love bi-colors a lot so I have dozens of them.

Sara, I really think that is Granada. It's a dead ringer for mine.

Kate, there you go tempting me with that Gypsy Carnival again!

Pat, Colorific is WOW!

Beth, looks like someone kissed all the petals on Party Time with bright red lipstick!

I won't post all of mine, like I said, dozens but here are a few different ones.

Archduke Charles
    {{gwi:323387}}

Brilliant Pink Iceberg
    {{gwi:350313}}

Candy Land

Double Take
    {{gwi:330041}}

Dream Come True

Here's my Granada, Sara

Hondo

Hot Romance

Iobelle

Stars n Stripes

Tattooes Lady

Trump Card

X-Rated

• sara_ann-z6bok
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Seil - Everyone of those are gorgeous! Archduke Charles and Dream Come True are out of this world! I love everyone of them. I believe you're right about Granada, thanks.

• inga007
    10 years ago

Seil, your roses look " hot, hot ,hot". Lovely photos.

• lesmc
    10 years ago

WOW! These roses are wonderful. I could never pick a favorite.I love Hot Romance...Archduke Charles is lovely.I need to add more roses like these! Thanks everyone for sharing. Lesley

• connietx
    10 years ago

i got Scentimental.

• connietx
    10 years ago

...Betty Boop

• msjam2
    10 years ago

Distant Drums

• sara_ann-z6bok
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Connie - Love your roses, thanks for sharing, Betty Boop is a pretty and frilly rose, love it. msjam2 - I am happy to see your Distant Drums in bloom, it is gorgeous. I ordered one for spring and hope it's as nice as yours.

• redwolfdoc_z5
    10 years ago

seil - what a sweet bloom on Tattooed Lady. Being a tattooed lady myself, I might need to find a spot for that one!

msjam2 - your photos are beautiful. I second Sara Ann about Distant Drums. I have one coming this spring as well.

I also really like your raised stone border... was that DIY? I'd love to do something like that for my own beds!

Karen

• snowheather
    10 years ago

Here's a few of mine.
    The first one is Fire Lady:

Here's the floribunda, Lovestruck:

Here's Sheer Magic:

Here's Dream Come True:

Here's Girls Night Out:

And, here's Sister Jane:

• sara_ann-z6bok
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Snowheather - You have some lovely roses. They look like they belong on a magazine cover, really beautiful! Would love to see more. Thank you for sharing them.

• snowheather
    10 years ago

Thanks, Sara-Ann! I haven't posted for a couple of years-just been busy. Then I forgot how and it took awhile to remember how to do it! I will try to post some more now that you have encouraged me!

• sara_ann-z6bok
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Please do snowheather. We love to see beautiful roses on this forum. Everyone will love it.

• shillanorth Z4 AB
    10 years ago

My only bi-coloured: Morden Sunrise.

• msjam2
    10 years ago

Karen, no it's not DIY. It's already there when we bought the house. Although when it's warm enough, I will chisel out the mortar and redo it, they are dried out and have fallen all over the place.

• Campanula UK Z8
    10 years ago

One of my hulthemias - Eyes for You

• Campanula UK Z8
    10 years ago

An Ayreshire rambler - Splendens

• Campanula UK Z8
    10 years ago

Finally, Mutabilis

Sponsored
DC Metro's One Stop Shop Design Center for Interior Design + Furniture