Elle

English sonnet

Fire n Ice

Folklore

Focal Point

Enjoy!

Comments (14)

• inga007

I agree with QB. What a treat. Your photos are lovely.
    Made my day.

• inga007

Made my day.

• inga007

Made my day.

• queenbee_1
    12 years ago

I love your rose pictures and really appreciate you posting them now... Winter is very hard for me... I hope you will post tons more.. Thank you ...QB

• strawchicago z5
    12 years ago

I have never seen any pictures as perfect as those. Seil, you did an incredible job capturing their beauty. Dick Clark is even prettier than Double Delight. Dainty Bess is perfect. English Sonnet is so sweet. Rose nurseries would sell more if they use your pictures. Thank you for sharing with us.

• Krista_5NY
    12 years ago

Wow, Crimson Bouquet looks marvelous. Great pics, Seil. They make me think of spring.

• seil zone 6b MI
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thank you everyone! I'm glad you're enjoying them.

Winter is really hard on me too, QB. I just count the days until I can get back outside. I do a lot of bird feeding and photographing when I can and that helps.

Strawberry, thank you but neither the roses nor the photos are perfect. Dick Clark really impressed me last year so I'm hoping that it winters well. It's not white and red like DD but a very creamy yellow and red. It's also not phototropic so it doesn't change color like DD will. DC always has those red petal edges. Dainty Bess is the rose that made me fall in love with singles. For five little petals it's more elegant and graceful than any other rose I have. I can't understand why more people don't have English Sonnet because it's so pretty!

Krista, I'm loving Crimson Bouquet. Bloomed it's head off last year and they last forever! Those blooms were almost a week old when I took that photo!

• lesmc
    12 years ago

Thank you, Seil. I agree with the others, winter is so hard on me,too. I miss the daily activity and joy of caring for my roses. Your pictures are beautiful. I love my Crimson Bouquet...it blooms all the time and the deep color jumps out. Everyone asks about this rose. Your picture of Dainty Bess is outstanding. I have tried this rose 2 times without success. I love singles, and would love to try her again. I really don`t know what I did wrong!! Your photo has convinced me I should find room and try again. Thanks...and post more!!! Lesley

• dublinbay z6 (KS)
    12 years ago

Seil, you just made me regret having put my Crimson Bouquet up for adoption several years ago. What a picture!

They are all absolutely beautiful. Thanks for sharing.

Kate

• seil zone 6b MI
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thanks, Lesley! I don't know why DB wouldn't grow for you. I don't know where you are but mine has been very hardy for me. It's about 5 feet tall and wide. I don't prune it a lot though. It seems to not like being pruned down like my other HTs.

Thank you, Kate! Maybe you can re-adopt CB back, lol?

• hosenemesis
    12 years ago

Dainty Bess. Wow. And I usually go for very high petal counts. It must be your photography.
    Renee

• TNY78
    12 years ago

Seil these are stunning! I always think of myself as more of an OGR person (who happens to also own a lot of moderns..lol), but your pics are always so appealing.

How does Dainty Bess do for you disease wise? I've always heard she has bs issues in the East so I've stayed away from her...but I'm always tempted....

Tammy

• seil zone 6b MI
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thank you, Renee! It isn't me it's DB! She's always lovely!

Thanks, Tammy! I've always thought of myself as a modern rose lover who just happens to have a few beloved OGRs! We're a perfect set!

Dainty Bess is somewhat prone to black spot here. But even spotted she continues to grow and bloom well. And she takes my cold winters very well. She also laughs at high humidity which is a real big plus in my lakeside garden. Those 5 elegant petals always open! I'm crazy about her and just ignore the spottiness.

• altorama Ray
    12 years ago

They are all so pretty...I always wanted Dainty Bess..love those stamens!

Sponsored
Haus Studio
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars28 Reviews
Franklin County's Preferred Custom Cabinetry & Design Studio