Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
dublinbay

Roses "O"

dublinbay z6 (KS)
11 years ago

Having nothing to post on the previous thread, I decided to rush ahead and start the "O" thread--cuz I actually have ONE picture I can include!

Our Lady of Guadalupe (floribunda)--quite a bloomer and re-bloomer. I'm enjoying the different shade of pink on her reverses.
{{gwi:214264}}

Ok--the rest is up to all of you. That's all I've got.

Kate

This post was edited by dublinbay on Fri, Jan 25, 13 at 21:21

Comments (17)

• bethnorcal9
    11 years ago

Pretty pretty! I don't have a good enough pic of OLOG yet. I'm still re-tweaking, and only into the mid-Mays.

O'RILLA
    {{gwi:1201126}}

ORCHID MASTERPIECE CL
    {{gwi:1201128}}

ORANGE RUFFELS
    {{gwi:1201129}}

OKSANA
    {{gwi:1201131}}

OKLAHOMA
    {{gwi:1201133}}

OUTRAGEOUS
    {{gwi:1201135}}

OPHELIA
    {{gwi:1201138}}

ORIGAMI
    {{gwi:1201139}}

OVER THE MOON
    {{gwi:1201141}}

• nanadollZ7 SWIdaho
    11 years ago

Well, I'll be no help cause I don't have any O's, but that's a lovely rose, Kate, on a very healthy looking bush. Thanks for getting us started on the next letter. Diane

• nanadollZ7 SWIdaho
    11 years ago

I sent in my post and, voila, photos from Beth appeared. What a great group of unusually colored roses like the stunning Orchid Masterpiece or the ruffly petticoats of Orange Ruffles. I love the subtle color of Outrageous and Over the Moon, too, as well as more ruffles from OTM. Thanks for a look at these photos. Diane

• TNY78
    11 years ago

Love Orilla and Our Lady (heard great things about that one)! I'm jealous that you still have your Oklahoma, Beth! I love the blooms when I had it, but it BS's horribly here and last winter it finally died (been replaced with Liebeszauber which I'm happy with anyway).

Here are my few O's...

Tammy

Oranges n Lemons, with nice deep colors this past fall
    {{gwi:1201143}}

Oklahoma, before it died last winter :(
    {{gwi:1201145}}

Over the Moon, one of my few HTs that I LOVE!
    {{gwi:1201147}}

Outta the Blue, one of my favorite overall roses
    {{gwi:1201149}}

Oshun, one of my newest Paul Barden roses. Looks promising so far...
    {{gwi:1201153}}

• AnneCecilia z5 MI
    11 years ago

I wish I had more to add; "O" is a tough one for me. I *have* a few "O" roses, but have no photos of them. Yes, I know, I'm so ashamed. Well, here is a photo of Odense City, a lovely creamy yellow shrub rose from Denmark that I grew for over 10 years before it died because of crown gall, poor thing. I sure wish I could find a replacement for it!

• the_dark_lady
    11 years ago

Love Our Lady of Guadalupe and Orchid Masterpiece!

Here are my two cents:

October Moon

Odyssey

Ombree Parfaite (RIP - RRD)

Open Arms

Oshun

Othello
    {{gwi:1288499}}

Out of Yesteryear
    {{gwi:1201178}}

This post was edited by the_dark_lady on Sat, Jan 26, 13 at 8:48

• AnneCecilia z5 MI
    11 years ago

Oooh, Dark Lady - Odyssey has me sorely tempted to break my 'no new roses' pledge for this year. What a beauty!

• nummykitchen
    11 years ago

What beautiful O roses! Love the Orchid Masterpiece, I bought one (bagged) last year and it grew well over 5 feet, just huge, but not blooms yet, hopefully this spring I'll get to see one :)

Here is my one blooming O rose, Orangeade...

-Andrea

• dublinbay z6 (KS)
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Yes, I like Odyssey--and Open Arms--nothing like a handsome set of sparkling gold stamens (right word?) in the center--love that look.

Out of Yesteryear--nice white. I like the shape/design of that bloom.

Anne--Odense City--what an intriguing shape and color. I can see why you would like to locate another one.

Kate

• dublinbay z6 (KS)
    Original Author
    11 years ago

mummy, you snuck that beautiful Orangeade in when I wasnt' looking. Must also add it to my list of roses with sparkling gold centers that I like so much!

Kate

• seil zone 6b MI
    11 years ago

Love OLoG, Kate!

Miss my O'Rilla, Beth, but it just wasn't hardy enough for here. Orchid Masterpiece is a beauty though!

I should get that Oranges and Lemons, Tammy. I like stripes!

Never heard of Odense City, Anne. It's lovely! Would there be any way to get cuttings to root?

Those are all spectacular, Marina!

Orangeade looks so cheery, Andrea!

My only O is Oklahoma. Not my favorite rose but it did do better this season.

• nanadollZ7 SWIdaho
    11 years ago

Tammy, your delectable Oranges and Lemons just cheers me up in January. Beautiful photo.
    annececilia, what a shame about Odense City. That exquisite coloring would be hard to replace.
    Wow, October Moon's creamy color looks a lot like annececilia's Odense City, Marina, and the stamens on Odyssey are gorgeous. What a photo. Oshun is so petal packed and scrumptious.
    Andrea, ooh, that Orangeade, so cute, and what a neat color. Looks quite edible (orange slice candy?).
    And seil, Oklahoma is quite mysterious looking and so tempting.
    Thanks everyone for a look at these uplifting photos. Diane

• inga007
    11 years ago

I'm "over the moon" too. Lovely, lovely photos everyone.
    I just think the alphabet is too short. :>)

• Ronn Bonites
    11 years ago

I have an "O" Rose I can share.

Olympiad: Doing well in our Philippine summer.

• seil zone 6b MI
    11 years ago

Yes it is! Beautiful!

• dublinbay z6 (KS)
    Original Author
    11 years ago

resolute--that is a truly gorgeous pic! Just love it when those swirls are caught at just the right angle to emphasize the lights and darks.

Kate

• Ronn Bonites
    11 years ago

Aww... Thanks Kate and Seil.

It didn't really looked like much from afar but when I took this picture, it amazed me.

I wonder if Olympiad can get as dark as Oklahoma though. One of the earlier blooms I had on it had dark, almost black edges.

Sponsored
MAC Design + Build
Average rating: 4.3 out of 5 stars18 Reviews
Loudon County Full-Service Design/Build Firm & Kitchen Remodeler