Return to the Rose Gallery Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Roses "P"

Posted by TNY78 7a-East TN (My Page) on
Mon, Jan 28, 13 at 22:06

Hopefully after a couple of hard letters, we'll all have quite a few "P"s :)

Onward!!!
Tammy

Pink Flamingo
Photobucket

Pinata (a poor bodybag rose that only made it one season)
Photobucket

Pink Grootendorst
Photobucket

Phyllis Bide
Photobucket

quicky little Permenant Wave
Photobucket

Pat Austin-my favorite Austin!
Photobucket

Pumpkin Patch-was slow to take off, but now I love it!
Photobucket

Pope John Paul II
Photobucket

Pompon Veranda
Photobucket

Purple Tiger (don't let the pic fool you, it struggles)
Photobucket

Pied Piper
Photobucket

My FAVORITE hybrid tea, Paw Maw
Photobucket

Paul Neyron (does very well here)
Photobucket

Paul Ecke Jr (and Rostock sneaking in the pic)
Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Roses "P"

So pretty, Tammy! Love your Pumpkin Patch, I've been wanting that one! I have PJPII on order for the spring and can't wait to get it.

Here are most of my P roses...

Peace
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Pink Don Juan

Pristine

Perfume Delight

Purple Tiger

Pink Freedom

a few of Paradise

and lastly Pink Promise, which was quite a bit lighter than I expected...

These are all from last summer, it was my first year rose gardening and so much fun and addictive! Thanks for letting me share!

Andrea

o

Sorry about the mix-up folks--I didnt' mean to duplicate Tammy's thread. I'm moved my "P" roses from that thread over to this thread. So here we go again.

Pretty Jessica (Austin)--how's that for one big fat bud!
Pretty Jessica (Austin)--spring '12 photo jessica4-25-12.jpg

Pretty Jessica--and a big fat bloom too!
Pretty Jessica, David Austin rose 2012 photo Jessica.jpg

Peter Mayle (ht)-- I guess this is my big fat bloom day, but we have to add HOT here also, right?
Peter Mayle (HT-foreground), Elina (Grandiflora-background) 2012 photo peterelina.jpg

Peter Mayle--I keep having to tell posters Peter Mayle is tall and vertical--see what I mean? (That's Elina behind him--please ignore my neighbor's ugly garage. Now that Peter and Elina have grown bigger and fuller, they cover up a lot of that ugliness, thankfully.)
Peter Mayle (Hybrid Tea) 2012 photo petervertical.jpg

Pink Prosperity (hybrid musk)-- in memory of another victim of RRD, unfortunately.
Pink Prosperity 5-11-06 photo pprosperity5-11-06.jpg

That's it. Looking forward to yours.

Kate

o

Ah,yes, we're doing much better on the 'p' roses, aren't we!

Tammy--you are really into bright orange roses--too bad you lost Pinata--quite stunning! But you still have Pat Austin and Pumpkin Patch--both marvelous oranges!

And good--Paul Neyron--love him!

nummy--so glad you posted Peace--the most beautiful rose in the world, in my opinion. Too bad it blackspots so badly in my garden--or I might plant a whole bed just of Peace roses.

Love your pics of Paradise too. Excellent job for your first year of roses, nummy. : )

Kate

o

• Posted by beth NorCA 9 (My Page) on
    Tue, Jan 29, 13 at 11:50

Lovely "P" roses ladies!! I'm not a huge fan of reds, but that PIED PIPER is interesting. And Andrea, your PINK DON JUAN sure is prettier than mine. I have two going up opposite sides of my front arbor, and they always seem to bloom out an ugly reddish-pink and never have form like that! I wonder if mine were mismarked...

Here's my Ps:

PAINTED MOON
Image Hosting by PictureTrail.com

PINNACLE

PAUL ECKE JR

POETRY IN MOTION

POP WARNER

POMPEII

POINSETTIA

PINK INTUITION

PENTHOUSE

PADDY MCGREDY

PICNIC

PARADISE

PEARL ESSENCE

PEGGY ROCKEFELLER

PILLOW TALK

and here's my ugly...

PINK DON JUAN CL

o

Oh, beth--I'm in love with your Poetry in Motion! I want one. How is it on disease-resistance?

Another nice Paradise, I see.

Kate

o

Beautiful "P" roses posted so far, you guys!
Here are mine:

Paloma Blanca
Hosting provided by FotoTime

Pearlie Mae

Pipe Dreams

Prairie Princess

Prairie Star

Prairie Valor (laying in the mulch!)

I love these buds of Paul Neyron - fattest buds I'd ever seen!

And to cheat just a little...I'm sneaking in American Pillar, since I missed joining in on the A's. I'm just so darned pleased to have it bloom every spring up here in zone 4 - even if it is a runt compared to its Mama down in Tennessee! ;-)

o

Wow, ladies, what a bounty of beauties! So many to love!
Tammy, your Pink Flamingo, Pied Pipers, Paul Ecke and Pat Austin are gorgeous!

Nummy, love your Peace and Paradise.

Kate, love, love, love your Pink Prosperity and Pretty Jessica!

Beth, Paul Ecke, Paradise and Picnic stole my heart!

Here are some of my P's:

Papi Delbard

Parky

Party Dress

Pastella

Pat Austin

Peach Blossom

Peggy M

Penelope

Clematis Peppermint

Perennial Blue

Perennial White

Pierre Bonnard

Pierre Gagnaire

Pink Skyliner

Pink Surprise

Pirouette

Pompon Flower Circus

Pomponella

Port Sunlight

Portlandia

Potter & Moore

Prairie Star

Pretty in Pink

Princess Alexandra of Kent

Princess Anne

Pricess Sibilla de Luxembourg (aka Stormy Weather)

Proud Bride (sport of Charles Austin)

Purezza

Purple Skyliner

This post was edited by the_dark_lady on Tue, Jan 29, 13 at 19:18

o

• Posted by TNY78 7a-East TN (My Page) on
    Tue, Jan 29, 13 at 20:00

Holy cow! You don't check a post for a few hours and there's a rose explosion! :)

Don't worry about the double post, Kate...I know they get all of out of order on the forum and are easily missed. I love your Peter Mayle...I need more roses that grow more upright (take up less space!!!)

Andrea--love Peace and Paradise! I wish I could grow them no spray, but here they would be plagued by BS :(

Beth--love your paradise as well! Also Picnic is really cute!

AnnaCecilia--I really like Pipe Dreams! I saw that Roses Unlimited here in the US carried it...hmm

Marina--what a collection! Do you spray?? Everything looks so healthy! My favorites are Papi Delbard, Proud Bride (an Austin I haven't heard of), Peach Bliss (great stamens), Princess Anne, and of course the Peppermint Clematis!! I Pistacio Clematis, but it hasn't bloomed yet, I'm hoping it will have that green undertone when it does. Also, I have Purple Skyliner coming this Spring....and I can't wait now!

Tammy

o

Hope my post isn't too long, but there a lot of impressive and very unique P rose photos to comment on.
Tammy, I love the bright orange Pumpkin Patch, and my favorite, the subtly tinted Pompon Veranda. Purple Tiger is intriguing. Sorry it struggles. I've never seen a photo of Paw Maw before. It's pretty cute. I love the eye popping Paul Ecke, Jr, too.
Peace has been a favorite of mine, nummy, since my Dad began growing it 1955 when I was a third grader (gee, I must be old). Your Peace is quite luscious. That's a gorgeous Purple Tiger, too.
Oh, Kate, what a voluptuous Pretty Jessica--love those fat blooms. Peter Mayle's blooms and color are pretty impressive, too.
Beth, you always have the most amazing and unusual roses. Sometimes I think you have rose "scouts" all over the country tipping you off about where to acquire them. Painted Moon is new to me, and the photo is outstanding. I love the curvy petals of Paul Ecke, and the frilly ones of Picnic. Pillow Talk is another subtly colored one in a perfect photo.
annececilia, That Paloma Blanca photo is a work of art. Such pretty pinks in frilly Pipe Dreams and Prairie Princess. Congratulations on your bloom of American Pillar. I was amazed you grow all these beauties in zone 4.
Well, I'm exhausted from all the gorgeousness. Well done all of you master rosarians. Diane

o

Oh, dark lady--you have so many beautful roses. How large is your property/garden? I can't even imagine it.

Love your purples and your princesses and thanks for posting Pompanella--reminded me I'll have it next season to post on here. I'm excited about it.

But at the moment I'm particularly enamored of Potter and Moore (what an unpoetic name for a rose), and Peggy M, and Pastella and Party Dress (and...and...and... etc.!)

Pipe Dreams and Paloma Blanca are so lovely, anne.

I guess we did hit the jackpot with the "p" roses, didn't we!

Kate

o

I'm back with my lone P photo. Much of my small rose garden isn't photographed yet, so we'll do more next year. My photo is of Party Dress, kind of an oddball Kordes rose, which I think was a florist rose at some time in the past. Palatine only sold it for a short time, and I don't think it was super successful. The bloom shown was deer candy the day after the photo was taken. I remember this because it was the only bloom on the darn bush, and thus endeth Party Dress's unsuccessful bloom season. Diane

o

Thank you very much, Tammy and Kate!

Tammy, no I don't spray my roses. No fungicides, no insecticides. Last time I sprayed was about seven years ago. I don't think I am going to change my 'no-spray policy' :) Some roses do have some Black Spot, buy I accept it and nothing looks too bad to spoil the beauty of my roses.

Kate, we have 7 acres of cleared land, but I think I grow roses in about 2 acre area max.

Marina

o

It's not just the beauty of the roses you grow and share with us here, Marina - (and thank you so much!) - it's the sheer number of *unusual* roses that you grow. I greatly admire your very special collection.

BTW, that Pompanella and Purple Skyliner just blew me away! Marvelous!

Anne

o

Tue, Jan 29, 13 at 22:14

Marina, I'm glad to hear that you don't spray and your roses always look that wonderful! I don't spray either...just the sheer number of roses I grow prevents me from spraying (it would be a full time job on its own!!) But I have to say, yours look much better than mine! I am green with envy :)

Tammy

o

Thu, Jan 31, 13 at 9:23

OMG Marina, that clematis is "to-die-for!" Gorgeous!! And I love PIERRE BONNARD!

o

• Posted by seil z6b MI (My Page) on
    Fri, Feb 1, 13 at 13:53

Wow, take a day off and...ZAP...tons of new gorgeous photos!

Tammy, love Pink Grootendorst and Permanent Wave and Pompon Veranda and...I think I like them all!

Oh shoot, you make me miss my Pristine, Andrea!

Kate, Pretty Jessica is indeed deserving of her name!

OOO, love the odd ball colors of Pillow Talk, Beth!

Pearlie Mae is yummy, Anne!

OMG, Marina, you have so many beauties I could never choose but I drool every time you post photos of Pomponella!

Oh, Diane, I'm so sorry the deer got you lovely bloom!

I have quite a few "P"s.

Paradise
Paradise

Pinocchio
Pinocchio

Peace
Peace

Patron
Patron

Pope John Paul II
Pope John Paul II

Powerhouse
Powerhouse

o

Fri, Feb 1, 13 at 21:36

Seil....your Peace looks like it almpst has stripes! I've never seen that before :) Also like Powerhouse! I bought it as a bodybag last year and it never broke dormency...I may try it again sometime.

Tammy

o

A short break means a lot of catching up on the alphabet. I think we have the makings of a coffee table book here.
Marina, I can only hope my poor Party Dress rose will someday produce the gorgeous blooms of your plant. I'll have to give mine a reprieve of another year. I was happy to see the beauteous Pastella, another Tantau rose I covet. And that amazing Peppermint clematis is just delectable. Lovely Pirouette is so fresh and and healthy looking. All your roses are gorgeous and such superb specimens.
Seil, more photo perfection from you, I see--you really know how to use a camera. Paradise, Pinocchio, and Peace are all beautiful roses in photos of such detail and artistry.
Thanks to you all for posting these photos that continue to inspire me as the days gradually (slowly, slowly) warm around here. Diane

o

Sat, Feb 2, 13 at 20:56

Beautiful shots Seil! I love that one of PEACE. Just that subtle hint of pink on a few petals. Very cool!

o

Sun, Feb 3, 13 at 12:04

Thank you all for the compliments. I'm very proud of the fact that I do these all with a camera that isn't a DSLR and was under $100!

o

'Perfume Delight' - May 2012

o

Rosa, 'Portmeirion'
Apr., 2012

-grown from a cutting

o

Rosa, 'Chicago Peace'

- hope posting this here in "P" is okay. It's a Peace Rose...so.

o

Another image of Rosa, 'Portmeirion'.

o

Portmeirion rose...times two!

o

Pink North Carolina Cherokee Rose

This one was brought to Oklahoma from tribal land in N. Carolina. It now grows "wild" on the Prairie that was once part of my father's family's land.

The white traditional Cherokee Rose represents the Teas that were shed along the Trail of Tears when the tribes were evicted from their native lands and forced to march in the dead of winter to Oklahoma territory. The legend goes that for every tear that was shed, a white rose sprung up along the trail. The five petals represent the five branches of the original Cherokee tribe.
(Incidentally, it is the same rose as the Yorkshire Rose. It was brought to the American Colonies by the English and adopted as by the Cherokee.)

The not-so-well-known legend among my people is that for every baby and child who died on the journey, a pink rose sprang up and grew from their grave. Hence, the Pink N. Carolina Cherokee Rose.

~Annie

o

Where can I get 'Purple Skyliner'???
Gotta have!

The Amethyst is my birth stone, so I just gotta have an Ameythist rose!

Just to get my list going for "P" roses....
* 'Paradise'
* ''Pop Warner' - (he makes me feel all warm and in love...)
* "Peter Mayle' - (Oh, Peter! I'm fainting...having vapors....)
* 'Portlandia'
* 'Pink Prosperity' (drool, drool)
* 'Pink Flamingo' (for my little grndau. who loves Flamingos)
I bought two 'Pristine' bareroot roses today

o

Beautiful pics! Thanks for sharing, seeing so many wonderful blooms makes me want to buy more roses!

Pink Promise

Perfume Delight

o

Mon, Feb 18, 13 at 20:28

Love you Perfume Delight, krista. I bought it once but it was a miss label...disappointing.

o

Annie----Love your roses and thank you for letting everyone know about the "trail of tears". I'm 1/4 N. GA. Cherokee. My dad's mom was a pure Cherokee princess. Her tribe hid in the N.GA. mountains when the roundup started. They weren't trouble makers, they were farmers and people of peace. The more I think about the whole situation-----I think I need to end this. Not roses. Sorry.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Rose Gallery Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here