{{gwi:1201469}}

FRAGRANT LACE
{{gwi:1201470}}

FREDDY MERCURY
{{gwi:348231}}

Comments (39)

• canadian_rose
    10 years ago

Oooh!!! I just love your Flora Danica, Fragrant Plum and Freedom's Ring. Wow!!! What do you think of Fragrant Plum?
    Lovely lovelies!!

I have Fragrant Mistral - but no picture of it. That's my only F rose. Looking forward to everyone else's pictures.

Carol

• sara_ann-z6bok
    10 years ago

Beth - Some nice F roses. Your Fragrant Plum is so full a gorgeous, mine is struggling a bit to get started. I agree with Carol, Flora Danica is beautiful, all are lovely as always.

My F roses are -

FRANCIS MEILLAND

• sara_ann-z6bok
    10 years ago

FORGOTTEN DREAMS

• sara_ann-z6bok
    10 years ago

FRAGRANT PLUM

• sara_ann-z6bok
    10 years ago

My last one is
    FIREFIGHTER

• dublinbay z6 (KS)
    10 years ago

Oooh--I like both of those Fragrant Plums!

I haven't got much to offer here. Only one "F" rose and a poor photo of it. Sorry about that. It is a rugosa though, and I do like those rugosa leaves.

Fru Dagmar Hastrup (rugosa)
    {{gwi:215443}}

Kate

• pat_bamaz7
    10 years ago

Fabulous F's so far! I really love that Fascination and Flora Danica, Beth. Sara Ann, your Fragrant Plum looks great. Mine has been struggling a bit, too. It was a clearance rescue last year and hoping it improves with time. Kate, I've been wanting to try a rugosa. Yours is beautiful...love the look of its foliage!

These are my only F's:

Fragrant Plum

Falling in Love

Fragrant Cloud

Fragrant Cloud (with Firefighter in the mid right background)

Firefighter

Firefighter (with Fragrant Cloud in the far left background)

Felicia (Hybrid Musk)

• Brittie - La Porte, TX 9a
    10 years ago

Good grief there are some great F roses! I only have a few, so nearly all of these are new to me. Oh, if only there were room for everything.

I've only got two. Francis Dubreuil

10 years ago

Fire n Ice

• romanpot
    10 years ago

Here is my Fragrant Cloud with a touch of orange.

• dublinbay z6 (KS)
    10 years ago

Pat--I love that pic of Felicia. Sure hope my new one coming in the spring grows to bloom that well.

Those Fragrant Clouds are looking fine too--and there is another Fragrant Plum---I had no idea FP was so popular.

Kate

• seil zone 6b MI
    10 years ago

Lots of "F"abulous roses!

Fascination stole my heart, Beth!

Pat, I love the little blue pansies with your Fragrant Plum!

Here's my offering.

Falling in Love
    {{gwi:350315}}

Fire n Ice

First and Foremost

Focal Point

Folklore

Fragrant Cloud

Frankly Scarlet

Fortune Cookie

• iris_gal
    10 years ago

So many beauties new to me have been posted. 'Ascot' and 'Augusta Luise' have me hooked. Thanks ladies.

Seil --- your 'Frankly Scarlet' is gorgeous. Really pops. I wonder what it would look like with 'Ebb Tide'?

Brittie --- 'Francis Dubreuil' looks as tho she might combine well with peach-pinks. Do you have a favorite companion rose for her?

Romanpot --- love 'Fragrant Cloud' looking a bit muddled. I'm a muddle-fan.

PatBama --- the sweetest face ever, 'Felicia'.

Sara-Ann --- love love pale pinks. 'Francis Meilland' looks lovely. Show us more!

Beth --- wonderful capture of 'Fascination'. 'Flora Danica' wows me as ever. 'Festival Fanfare' looks like she's dancing. I think 'Fame' is the darker pink I've been looking for/never see -- supposed to last 7 days cut or until you get sick of it? And 'First Great Western' -- name of a bank? It looks very interesting.

I won't post 'Falling In Love' as it's so well portrayed here. This rose makes one of the prettiest pink statements is a garden. Every bloom stage complimentary to one another. When I pass the house with it, and have my camera, I can't resist stopping and snapping.

Flower Girl - Fryer'98, almost no thorns

• shillanorth Z4 AB
    10 years ago

My one and only F - Felix Leclerc.

• growing_rene2
    10 years ago

These are beautiful. Fire n Ice has just been added to my list !!

• seil zone 6b MI
    10 years ago

I don't know how Brittie's grows but my Fire n Ice is a very small rose. It's classed as a floribunda but it's more like a miniflora for shape and size.

10 years ago

Francis Dubreuil has previously lived in a pot, so I dont have favorite companions as yet. It is going in the ground this year though, so that exact question is on my mind.

Fire n Ice is a medium sized plant for me, bushy but vase shaped, about four feet hight by a little less around. Blooms like crazy in the heat, but I dont necessarily love the summer flowers. No scent, but very disease resistant foliage.

Ive never seen Felix Leclerc before. I love it!

• shillanorth Z4 AB
    10 years ago

Felix Leclerc is a relatively new rose in the Canadian Artist Series. It is a climber to about 4 ft. Alas, mine is taking its time!

• canadian_rose
    10 years ago

PatBama - your Fragrant Cloud pictures have MADE me (shame on you LOL) order a Fragrant Cloud (bare root) rose!! How could you!! No, seriously - those are gorgeous pictures - so many blooms!!!
    Thanks!
    Carol

• pat_bamaz7
    10 years ago

Canadian Rose, So sorry to enable, but if Fragrant Cloud likes your climate as well as it does mine, youâÂÂre going to love it. It looks like my pictures pretty much throughout our growing seasonâ¦rare that itâÂÂs not covered in those big, glowing blooms. BS resistance isnâÂÂt great in our humidity, but thatâÂÂs its only flaw in my garden.
    Romanpot, the muddled center on your Fragrant Cloud is lovely!
    Brittie, IâÂÂm adding Francis Dubreuil this spring. I hope mine is as pretty as yours!
    Seil, That Frankly Scarlet is spectacular!!!
    Felix Leclerc and Flower Girl both look so sweetâ¦I looked both of them up since I wasnâÂÂt familiar with either.

• seil zone 6b MI
    10 years ago

Thanks, Pat. I'm trying to bring Frankly Scarlet back from the near dead. It was a huge healthy potted nursery rose when I got it. I planted it in the bed and it promptly grew backwards to nearly nothing. So I moved it out to the new sunnier bed. Still nothing. It's potted up now and doing better so I hope I can save it.

• pat_bamaz7
    10 years ago

Oh Seil, hoping, too, that you can save it!

• nanadollZ7 SWIdaho
    10 years ago

Beth, this group of roses is so full of gorgeous and unusual color. What a photo of Fragrant Plum and that petal packed Flora Danica is a beauty.
    Sara-Ann, you also have a beauty in the porcelain look of Fragrant Plum.
    Well, Kate, I think Fru Dagmar is quite cute. Is she new?
    Pat, you, too, have a lovely Fragrant Plum. This must be one popular rose.
    Brittie, your Francis Dubruil is a stunning red.
    I think the photo of Falling in Love with the lavender/blue petunias is perfection, seil. Wow that Frankly Scarlet and what a great name. I hope she starts growing better.
    Iris, that is such a sweet and charming Flower Girl, and she is new to me, too.
    Shillanorth, Felix LeClerc is delicate looking beauty.
    Thanks for the look at your F roses, everyone.

• nanadollZ7 SWIdaho
    10 years ago

Well here is my lone F rose, my big boy Freddy, aka Frederic, Mistral. Diane

• sara_ann-z6bok
    10 years ago

Diane - that is gorgeous! I am looking forward to having that one!

• canadian_rose
    10 years ago

Ooooh!!! That is a wonderful Freddy picture. Lovely.
    Carol

• seil zone 6b MI
    10 years ago

Nana, the petunias self seed in all the pots. I tried one year to eradicate them with no luck. Now I just let them grow. They provide lots of color when the roses aren't blooming.

• nanadollZ7 SWIdaho
    10 years ago

Thanks Sara-Ann and Carol. Freddy can have his problems, but I love the way he smells and he's always in bloom.
    Seil, I'd think I had died and gone to heaven if I had petunias reseed, let alone ones that look that good. I get some reseeding, but it's the old tough types like Black Eyed Susan and Jupiter's Beard that reseed most.
    Diane

• seil zone 6b MI
    10 years ago

I got the original seeds from someone on another gardening forum. She had them marked as "old fashioned vining petunias". They grow like gang busters and are everywhere in the yard now! When I was buying petunias they didn't do very well and NEVER reseeded. Especially any of the newer fancy varieties. I think they must make them sterile or something so no one else can reproduce them.

• Curdle 10a (Australia)
    10 years ago

Those petunias sound great Seil..Ive always been a sucker for them,

Mornington Peninsula Garden- Falstaff

Vic. State Garden - Fragrant plum

Fire and Ice - Well, thats the Aussie name; its cherry Parfait in the US

and this ones a mini posy of my Frederic Mistral

• Curdle 10a (Australia)
    10 years ago

forgot one...

A Delbard Rose - France Libre

• seil zone 6b MI
    10 years ago

Curdle, when I saw that Fire and Ice I was stunned! Mine of course has never looked like that. then I read the part about the Aussie name, lol!

• nanadollZ7 SWIdaho
    10 years ago

Seil, I wonder if your petunias are the old fashioned ones called "balcony petunias" that are great for hanging pots and balconies, of course. They seem to be enjoying a resurgence, and I've noticed seeds and plants in some catalogs--quite expensive, too.
    Curdle I love your additional F's. Fragrant Plum is a beauty that seems to be very popular everywhere, and I've been oblivious to it. I will now pay attention. Your Freddy blooms are lush and beautiful. He's such a love.
    Diane

• Kippy
    10 years ago

My forgotten F! (I just have a cutting but am looking forward to this)

Felicite et Perpetue
    {{gwi:257661}}

• kittymoonbeam
    10 years ago

First Edition from the Huntington

• kittymoonbeam
    10 years ago

Frolic from the Huntington. I have seen this plant loaded down with flowers sometimes.

• kittymoonbeam
    10 years ago

Francois Rabelais

• kittymoonbeam
    10 years ago

Falstaff from the Huntington

• kittymoonbeam
    10 years ago

Fawn ( the small roses behind Love Song)