Image Hosting by PictureTrail.com

BLACK TEA

BABY TALK

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Roses "B"

Beth you have the most amazing collection of roses.

I wish I had the picture of Ballerina that used to be at a local Community College. It was trained on a huge welded metal umbrella support and fountained down in glory. That was before digital cameras. They built a new building on the old spot where it stood. I used to eat lunch there and listen to happy birds under the blossoms of that rose.

o

Oh Wow Beth!!!
My favs are
- Blue Parfum
- Black Magic - oh my!!
- Broceliande - STUNNING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
- Black Bacarra
WOW!

Here are mine:

Beverly!

o

Here is Barbra Streisand. I'm giving it away next year as it got too much black spot, and I realized I don't really like lavender roses. :) Plus a lot of the time the blooms were magenta - which I like even less.

o

Here is Big Purple.
It is a two cane wonder. Please give me more basal growth!!! :) The blooms are much more purple than shown here. The color is really glorious. And the scent is wonderful.
But one or two canes? Never seems to get any vigorous. But I love it.
Carol

o

Here is the bush shot of Betty White.
I love this rose. The fragrance is amazing. The blooms are amazing. The only problems is a lot of rain will turn the edges of the flowers brown.
Carol

o

Here is a close up of a Betty White bloom
Carol

o

And finally a Big Mouthed Frog garden pot. :)
Carol

o

Beth, it would take me all night to comment on all the lovely and unusual roses whose photos you've posted, but I'll have to name a few that are favorites. The sweet baby pink of Bill Warriner is so appealing, and I love the gorgeous form and color of Blue Parfum. Does it have a great scent? Blackberry Nip is another with sumptuous ruffly blooms and great color.
Carol, your Betty White is just a lush, yummy, petal packed rose.
As far as Big Purple goes, you don't want it big--mine are huge ungainly things. I think I prefer yours.
Diane

o

Here are my B roses, starting off with the familiar photo of Blue Bayou. Diane

o

Next, is the shrub Blueberry Hill. Diane

o

Another is Bernstein-Rose, which can be an amber color in cool weather. Diane

o

Beth, the color of Baby Talk is so delicate and so beautiful, but my absolute favorite from the batch is Black Tea! That bloom is to die for.

Here are a few of my 2013 B's:

Baltimore Belle
Baltimore Belle photo DSC_48771024x680.jpg

Baltimore Belle photo DSC_46791024x665.jpg

Baptiste Lafaye
Baptiste Lafaye photo DSC_3495731x1024.jpg

Baptiste Lafaye photo DSC_34851024x703.jpg

Bibi Maizoon
Bibi Maizoon photo DSC_38281024x723.jpg

Bleu Magenta
Bleu Magenta photo DSC_4537730x1024.jpg

Blue Boy
Blue Boy photo DSC_36111024x680.jpg

Blue Boy photo DSC_31791024x712.jpg

Blue for You
Blue for You photo DSC_31521024x680.jpg

Bon Chance
Bon Chance photo DSC_37701024x643.jpg

Bouquet Parfait
Bouquet Parfait photo DSC_40841024x680.jpg

Bouquet Parfait photo DSC_40811024x670.jpg

Buff Beauty
Buff Beauty photo DSC_34671024x692.jpg

o

The pale pink rose behind Bernstein-Rose is my Ballerina rose. Every photo I have of it alone and closer ends up being a file too big for Garden web, darn it. So I'll go on to my next B, Big Purple, otherwise known as Big Magenta. Diane

o

Diane, love your blue roses!!! And that corner with Bernstein rose looks great! May I ask you what are the companion plants around your roses there?
Marina

o

Sorry about trailing things along like this. My last B rose is Brother Cadfael. Diane

o

It would take too long to comment on all the gorgeous roses. Beth, Carol, Diane, the_dark_lady, all of your roses are beautiful!! My first is BEWITCHED.

o

BELINDA'S DREAM

o

BUXOM BEAUTY

o

BIG MOMMA

o

And finally, BEVERLY. I noticed all mine are pink!

o

I have a couple "B" roses, also.

Braveheart --Clements shrub, with a bit of Austin's Dark Lady in its background. So impressive in full bloom in the very center of my backyard (and you don't even need to paint your face blue to enjoy it). LOL
Braveheart--view south photo braveheartview_zpsb703ba43.jpg

Buff Beauty--this hybrid musk is usually a show-stopper when it blooms in the spring.
Buff Beauty (hybrid musk)--spring '12 photo bb4-25-12.jpg

Berolina --Kordes HT, supposed to be very disease-resistant. We will see the upcoming summer, its second in my garden. In the meantime, it is a cheerful sunshiny rose.

Hope you enjoyed them.

Kate

o

I meant to add that I'm impressed with Beth's Black Bacarra--so velvety looking.

And Canadian--what an impressive picture of Betty White.

Diane--Bluberry Hill is indeed a beauty!

Marina--I'm quite taken with Baltimore Belle. The ramblers are lovely roses.

Sara--Buxom Beauty--like, WOW! And I thought my Peter Mayle was a hot pink! : )

Enjoyed all the pics--so many lovelies there.

Kate

o

Kate - I just love Braveheart and Buff Beauty too!

o

Kate, all of your B's are breathtaking!
I lost my Braveheart to RRD but because of your photo I am seriously thinking about getting another plant of it!
And your shot of Buff Beauty is out of this world!
Your gardens have to be a beautiful sight, I am sure.
Marina

o

What a beautiful tour to take while there's 9 inches of snow outside! Thanks to all for sharing your lovely shots with the rest of us.

o

Everyone's roses are beautiful! Love the Betty White pics. I've got a place saved for her, but having trouble finding her grafted online. Hoping a local nursery will have her this year.
Seems like I should have more "B" roses, but here are all I can think of off hand:

Bewitched

photo bewitched042913a_zps87fc65ec.jpg

Blossomtime

photo zzzbt1026b_zps714024f9.jpg

Bolero

photo zzzbolero0823b_zps022704f7.jpg

Big Momma

photo zzzbm1011a_zps203f67a9.jpg

Bronze Star

photo zzzbs0921a_zps2f072ad6.jpg

o

Baron de Bonstten has Damask fragrance. Oops not a modern rose.

o

Baron de Bonstten has Damask fragrance. Oops not a modern rose.

o

Oh my you guys have some amazing B roses! Never heard of Butterfly before, how pretty! Only four B roses for me...

Blue Lagoon
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Paradise

Black Baccara

Barbara Bush

Thanks for looking :)
Andrea

o

Oh my!!!
Such a bevy of beautifes!!

My fav since I last posted:

Blue Bayou - Diane - That picture is divine! Should be in a magazine.

Baltimore Belle - The Dark Lady - sooooo many blooms and so white!!

Blue Boy - The Dark Lady - what a close up!!

Big Purple - Diane - Gorgeous close up!

Brother Cadfael - Diane - I can't wait for my last year bare root to hopefully look like that!! Wow!!

Bewitched - Sarah Anne - Love your shot of Bewitched. I liked the previous post on Bewitched too - maybe I should get this rose. :)

Braveheart - Kate - Oh My Goodness!!! The color and the quantity of gorgeous blooms!

Baron de. B... - Lynette - such a swirly red!!

Blue Lagoon - Andrea - Love the color and what a gorgeous bloom!!!

Thanks everybody!!
Carol

o

Thanks so much for your comments, everyone. They are such a boost during these cold days. Carol, I wish Big Purple as a plant looked as nice as the blooms. It's so tall and gawky (sort of like me, I guess).
Where to begin...so much to like.
Marina, it was a treat to see Bib Maizoon since she never seems to come up on the Forum, what a nice, fat bloom. Bleau Magenta looks more like a gorgeous purple to me (new to me, too). I love the frilly look of Bon Chance when it is fully opened.
Sara-Ann, Belinda's Dream looks so fresh and sweet. I would love to find a place for this rose in my garden.
Kate, every time I see a photo of your Braveheart I think "why isn't this rich and lush looking red more widely available?" I know it's a Clements' rose, but I don't think Heirloom is selling it anymore.
Pat, I love the the tender pink of your Blossomtime. Looks like porcelain.
Lynette, your Baron de Bonstten is another rich and lush red beauty, and new to me.
Nummy, I love all your roses, but Black Baccara is one mysterious eyecatcher. It begs to be touched.
Thanks for a glimpse of all your beautiful blooms. Diane

o

Diane - I know I've commented on it before, but I love your Bernstein Rose, looks like the perfect yellow and Brother Cadfael is gorgeous. Carol - Your Betty White is awesome and Pat I just love your Bewitched, much prettier than mine. Andrea - You take such good photos, wish I saw more of them, but I know you're a busy mom. Love all your roses, Barbara Bush is especially lovely. Lynnette - Your Baron de Bonstten is gorgeous, I didn't know there was a rule on the type we could post. I love all the roses on here. Almost all roses are beautiful, exceptions would be few and far between! I guess that's why we love them so much.

o

Sara Ann, Your Bewitched is beautiful! My pic was from her spring flush. I moved her soon after, and she's been mad since...only gave me a handful of crappy looking blooms the rest of the year. Hoping she will be back to her pretty self this year.

o
RE: Betty White

I love this rose as much as CanadianRose does.

Betty White

o
RE: Bonica

No longer have Bonica.

(this was sized down from 112kb to 73kb by gardenweb using the attachment feature -- a little blurred now)

o

Oooh, Iris, that is a gorgeous photo of Betty White. Bonica is a favorite of mine, and your photo shows such fresh, sweet looking roses. I've grown Bonica's sport, Royal Bonica for years, and it's an excellent rose, too, but difficult to get. Diane

o

Oh Irisgal - that picture is SOOOOO much nicer than mine!!! Wow!!!!! I'm going to try to find a nicer close up. I'm off to find one (not as nice as yours - but nicer than the one I posted). :)

Well I guess I don't have a very nice picture of her - but here's another one. Truly - yours is glorious!
Carol

o

Blue Girl!

o
one more Bewitched

Thanks Ladies. Carol - I loved your shots of Betty. That elusive shade of pink is hard to capture but I have a new-used camera that may do the job if I can learn it. Diane - I am lusting after Brother Cadfael.

Bewitched - a bit blown out but truly an excellent pink.
 photo Bewitchedapril30_zps7efa7354.jpg

o

Nummy--lovely pic of Blue Lagoon--as are the Betty Whites of Iris and Canadian.

Lynette--if the Baron wants to drop in for a visit, I certainly have no objections. : ) Handsome fella like that!

Kate

o

• Posted by seil z6b MI (My Page) on
    Sun, Jan 5, 14 at 12:41

Holy smokes folks! There were only a couple of posts here when I first viewed it. It was late and I was too pooped to participate then. Came back this morning and it's loaded with gorgeous roses and photos!!!

Beth, that Bill Warriner is scrumptious but I'm also crazy about Boulie's Dream, Broceliande and Butterfly!

Canadian Rose, what a gorgeous photo of Babs and I love your big mouthed frog!

Diane, love the ruffles on Blueberry Hill!

Marina, your photos are so amazing it's hard to choose but I think I'm leaning towards Baptiste Lafaye

Sara, your roses are right up there with everyone else's!

Kate, Berolina! Wow!

Pat, Bewitched is breathtaking!

Andrea, you really caught Black Baccara's velvety look!

Iris, Betty White, a classy rose for a classy lady!

OK, his nibbs has decided we need to venture out in this crappy wheather so I'll post my "B"s when I get back.

o

• Posted by beth NorCA 9 (My Page) on
    Sun, Jan 5, 14 at 13:44

Wow, I'm with Seil. I haven't had a chance to look since I started this the other night. You guys are going crazy! I love it! beautiful blooms all around! My faves are BUXOM BEAUTY, BEROLINA and BLUE LAGOON. Never heard of that one before. Have to go look it up...

Can't wait to see what you offer up Seil!

o

Sun, Jan 5, 14 at 15:18

Back from trekking through the snow. Why he wanted to go out in this was a mystery but we went to Trader Joe's. I've been trying to get him to take me there (it's a ways from home) for a month but noooo, he waits until there are 8 inches of snow on the ground, lol. MEN!

So here are my "B" offerings:
Itty bitty Baby Betsy McCall
Baby Betsy McCall photo bbmc2013_06180009_zps40c2be9f-1.jpg

Another baby, Baby Blanket
Baby Blanket photo bb2013_06190018_zps5eb5f7da.jpg

A bright Best Friends
Best Friends photo bf2013_06030102_zps7e03c42a.jpg

Dug this one out and potted it and it's done much better, Black Cherry
Black Cherry photo bc2013_08250013_zps62869302.jpg

This one isn't doing very well. I think it's a little winter tender. Blanche Neige
Blanche Neige photo bn2013_07050104_zps6519fed2.jpg

The fire engine red Blaze
Blaze photo blz2013_06210024_zps360bc708.jpg

And last one I really love that's a real bloom machine, Brilliant Pink Iceberg
Brilliant Pink Iceberg photo bpi2013_06110048_zpse0038343.jpg

o

Burgundy Iceberg!

o

Sun, Jan 5, 14 at 19:57

Oooh! Pretties Seil! Love that BLACK CHERRY! Yum!

o

Your "babies" are adorable, Seil!

o

Seil - love the irony - your Blanche Neige (white snow) is winter tender. :) Your Black Cherry looks amazing - love the color and texture. I also really like your Brilliant Pink Iceberg! How big are the flowers?

Dr.PekeMom - Nice Burgundy Iceberg. What do you think of this rose?

Carol

o

Mon, Jan 6, 14 at 19:58

Thanks, Pat!

Carol, BPI's blooms are about 2 inches and usually in nice clusters. The bush gets about 4 x 4 for me. Actually, it's pretty hardy too. I rarely have to prune anything off it in the spring.

o

Icebergs do well for me. They can get a little blackspot-y in December if my husband gets too excited with the water, but I cut them down and they come back like crazy. I love the burgundy iceberg--it's just as prolific as my pink and white one. I

o

I love beverly! She's one of my new favorites. Betty White is ridiculously pretty, but I'm worried she might ball for me. Anyone have experience with that?

The only B roses I have that aren't already posted (and that I have pictures for) are mini's.

Baby Katie (pic taken in hot september)

o

And Blue Suede Shoes... I think. Do you ever get pictures mixed up? Arg, if I don't put them on the computer and label them right away, I start to get unsure. Anywho... Blue Suede Shoes is the most likely suspect for this picture...

o

Yes, Betty White can ball if it rains a lot. I do find that the edges of the blooms turn a bit brown in the rain. The fragrance is quite wonderful!!

Carol

o

My"B"
Bon-Bon

Brigadoon

Blue girl

o

Wow!! That's a GORGEOUS Blue Girl!!!
Carol

o

Blue Suede Shoes and Blue Girls--cool blues!

Kate

o

• Posted by curdle 9b, Australia (My Page) on
    Thu, Jan 16, 14 at 12:22

More from the Victorian State garden...

Blueberry Hill

photo BlueberryHill_zpscd551cc3.jpg

Brass Band - theres more tree roses on the other side of the path; it makes a spectacular display.

photo BrassBand2_zps75df6ea3.jpg

Betty - this is an Australian rose i think..havent been able to find it on HMF tho..

photo Betty_zps2b3b90e0.jpg

o

Gosh those standard roses are sublime! What a statement!! I love Blueberry Hill. I don't have it - but it looks so wonderful.
Carol

o

I need to catch up on my comments--I am enjoying these newly posted pics so much.
Seil, I love your bitty minis, especially Baby Betsy McCall. She looks a bitty bit like a teeny tiny Peace Rose (sorry).
Brittie, those unique petals on Blue Suede Shoes look like satin.
Carol, that's a lovely pic of Betty White with her soft pink petals. The actress just turned 92, by the way.
Marhel, your Bon-Bon's fat blooms are gorgeous.
Curdle, oh my, more amazing roses from the Vic State Garden. Those Brass Band tree roses are just boggling. What I would give to see them in person!
Thanks for posting these luscious pics. Diane

o

Bishop's Castle
Bishops Castle
Belinda's Dream
Belinda's Dream

Both taken today

o

Kippy - Love your Bishop's Castle and Belinda's Dream. Can't imagine having roses bloom in January, how nice!

o

Bees Knees
Bees Knees photo camerajune122007012.jpg
Bees Knees 2 photo camerajune122007011.jpg

Blushing Knock Out
 photo IMG_0743.jpg
 photo IMG_0762.jpg
 photo IMG_0765.jpg

This post was edited by diane_nj on Sun, Jan 26, 14 at 13:19

o

Mon, Jan 27, 14 at 21:59

Oh, Kippy, you're killing me! It's below zero out there!

Diane, your BKO is amazing!

o

There are some really nice pictures in this collection. I will add a few of my "B" roses. The first is a large spray on Blue for You, something that up until this past year it was not doing. It was blooming mostly singly and in small clusters, but this one was a surprise.

Blue for You-4 photo BlueforYou-4_zps8cc3d6e6.jpg

The next one is a group of flowers on my climber, Bright Fire. They were actually having decent form and looking more like classic hybrid teas.

Bright Fire-7 photo BrightFire-7_zpsc3b3cc98.jpg

The next one is my white damask rose Botzaris.

Botzaris-4 photo Botzaris-4_zps73742e3c.jpg

My last one is a gallica rose, Belle sans Flatterie, which sometimes looks like a 2-tone with the outer petals a lighter shade and the inner ones a darker shade. It is quite pretty and delicate.

Belle sans Flatterie-9 photo BellesansFlatterie-9_zps79b4e401.jpg

I hope you will like these few.

o

Diane, the individual bloom of Blushing Knockout in your photo has surprised me with its delicacy and refinement, and the whole plant has a casual form I love, not to mention the very impressive blooming. My opinion of KOs has certainly changed after seeing these photos! Thanks for posting them.
Bustopher, since I have a soft spot for lavender, Blue for You is a charming favorite, but all your roses are just lovely. Thanks for a little glimpse of them.
Diane

o

Wed, Jan 29, 14 at 22:59

Oooh Bustopher! Love that BRIGHT FIRE!! Never heard of it before.

o

Bustopher, I especially like your gallica and your damask. Lovely blooms!

Curdle, your red Australian rose is gorgeous. Is Betty available only in Australia?

Kippy, Bishop's Castle is absolutely wonderful.

Diane--I had no idea Blushing KO was so vigorous. It looks like it is actually climbing--didn't know KOs did that.

Kate

o

I didn't get Ballerina posted with my other Bs, so I'll add it now before this monster thread gets totally out of hand. Diane

o

The one bloom I've ever captured on my meager Blue Girl:
Blue Angel photo BlueAngelclimbingcloseupJune2013_zps6726d3e2.jpg

And here's Blaze. Foliage looks good here but sadly is usually BS ridden and/or gone by mid-summer.
 photo 2013-07-02110138_zps6f35cfbd.jpg

o

Biedermeyer

Barkorole

Blue Moon

Bonica

o

Tue, Mar 4, 14 at 11:30

Beautiful roses Neptune! Love that BEIDERMEYER!

o

Neptune - Your roses are so lovely. Barkorole and Blue Moon are gorgeous!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Rose Gallery Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here