BULL'S EYE

BLACK BACARRA

BERRIES 'N' CREAM CL

BLACK TEA

BABY TALK

Comments (71)

• dublinbay z6 (KS)
    10 years ago

I meant to add that I'm impressed with Beth's Black Bacarra--so velvety looking.

And Canadian--what an impressive picture of Betty White.

Diane--Bluberry Hill is indeed a beauty!

Marina--I'm quite taken with Baltimore Belle. The ramblers are lovely roses.

Sara--Buxom Beauty--like, WOW! And I thought my Peter Mayle was a hot pink! : )

Enjoyed all the pics--so many lovelies there.

Kate

• sara_ann-z6bok
    10 years ago

Kate - I just love Braveheart and Buff Beauty too!

• the_dark_lady
    10 years ago

Kate, all of your B's are breathtaking!
    I lost my Braveheart to RRD but because of your photo I am seriously thinking about getting another plant of it!
    And your shot of Buff Beauty is out of this world!
    Your gardens have to be a beautiful sight, I am sure.
    Marina

• surya55_gw
    10 years ago

What a beautiful tour to take while there's 9 inches of snow outside! Thanks to all for sharing your lovely shots with the rest of us.

• pat_bamaz7
    10 years ago

Everyone's roses are beautiful! Love the Betty White pics. I've got a place saved for her, but having trouble finding her grafted online. Hoping a local nursery will have her this year.
    Seems like I should have more "B" roses, but here are all I can think of off hand:

Bewitched

{{gwi:1201591}}

Blossomtime

Bolero

Big Momma

Bronze Star

• lynnette
    10 years ago

Baron de Bonstten has Damask fragrance. Oops not a modern rose.

• lynnette
    10 years ago

Baron de Bonstten has Damask fragrance. Oops not a modern rose.

{{!gwi}}

• nummykitchen
    10 years ago

Oh my you guys have some amazing B roses! Never heard of Butterfly before, how pretty! Only four B roses for me...

Blue Lagoon

Baby Paradise

Black Baccara

Barbara Bush

Thanks for looking :)
    Andrea

• canadian_rose
    10 years ago

Oh my!!!
    Such a bevy of beautifes!!

My fav since I last posted:

Blue Bayou - Diane - That picture is divine! Should be in a magazine.

Baltimore Belle - The Dark Lady - sooooo many blooms and so white!!

Blue Boy - The Dark Lady - what a close up!!

Big Purple - Diane - Gorgeous close up!

Brother Cadfael - Diane - I can't wait for my last year bare root to hopefully look like that!! Wow!!

Bewitched - Sarah Anne - Love your shot of Bewitched. I liked the previous post on Bewitched too - maybe I should get this rose. :)

Braveheart - Kate - Oh My Goodness!!! The color and the quantity of gorgeous blooms!

Baron de. B... - Lynette - such a swirly red!!

Blue Lagoon - Andrea - Love the color and what a gorgeous bloom!!!

Thanks everybody!!
    Carol

• nanadollZ7 SWIdaho
    10 years ago

Thanks so much for your comments, everyone. They are such a boost during these cold days. Carol, I wish Big Purple as a plant looked as nice as the blooms. It's so tall and gawky (sort of like me, I guess).
    Where to begin...so much to like.
    Marina, it was a treat to see Bib Maizoon since she never seems to come up on the Forum, what a nice, fat bloom. Bleau Magenta looks more like a gorgeous purple to me (new to me, too). I love the frilly look of Bon Chance when it is fully opened.
    Sara-Ann, Belinda's Dream looks so fresh and sweet. I would love to find a place for this rose in my garden.
    Kate, every time I see a photo of your Braveheart I think "why isn't this rich and lush looking red more widely available?" I know it's a Clements' rose, but I don't think Heirloom is selling it anymore.
    Pat, I love the the tender pink of your Blossomtime. Looks like porcelain.
    Lynette, your Baron de Bonstten is another rich and lush red beauty, and new to me.
    Nummy, I love all your roses, but Black Baccara is one mysterious eyecatcher. It begs to be touched.
    Thanks for a glimpse of all your beautiful blooms. Diane

• sara_ann-z6bok
    10 years ago

Diane - I know I've commented on it before, but I love your Bernstein Rose, looks like the perfect yellow and Brother Cadfael is gorgeous. Carol - Your Betty White is awesome and Pat I just love your Bewitched, much prettier than mine. Andrea - You take such good photos, wish I saw more of them, but I know you're a busy mom. Love all your roses, Barbara Bush is especially lovely. Lynnette - Your Baron de Bonstten is gorgeous, I didn't know there was a rule on the type we could post. I love all the roses on here. Almost all roses are beautiful, exceptions would be few and far between! I guess that's why we love them so much.

• pat_bamaz7
    10 years ago

Sara Ann, Your Bewitched is beautiful! My pic was from her spring flush. I moved her soon after, and she's been mad since...only gave me a handful of crappy looking blooms the rest of the year. Hoping she will be back to her pretty self this year.

• iris_gal
    10 years ago

I love this rose as much as CanadianRose does.

Betty White

• iris_gal
    10 years ago

No longer have Bonica.

(this was sized down from 112kb to 73kb by gardenweb using the attachment feature -- a little blurred now)

• nanadollZ7 SWIdaho
    10 years ago

Oooh, Iris, that is a gorgeous photo of Betty White. Bonica is a favorite of mine, and your photo shows such fresh, sweet looking roses. I've grown Bonica's sport, Royal Bonica for years, and it's an excellent rose, too, but difficult to get. Diane

• canadian_rose
    10 years ago

Oh Irisgal - that picture is SOOOOO much nicer than mine!!! Wow!!!!! I'm going to try to find a nicer close up. I'm off to find one (not as nice as yours - but nicer than the one I posted). :)

Well I guess I don't have a very nice picture of her - but here's another one. Truly - yours is glorious!
    Carol

• DrPekeMom
    10 years ago

Blue Girl!

• iris_gal
    10 years ago

Thanks Ladies. Carol - I loved your shots of Betty. That elusive shade of pink is hard to capture but I have a new-used camera that may do the job if I can learn it. Diane - I am lusting after Brother Cadfael.

Bewitched - a bit blown out but truly an excellent pink.

• dublinbay z6 (KS)
    10 years ago

Nummy--lovely pic of Blue Lagoon--as are the Betty Whites of Iris and Canadian.

Lynette--if the Baron wants to drop in for a visit, I certainly have no objections. : ) Handsome fella like that!

Kate

• seil zone 6b MI
    10 years ago

Holy smokes folks! There were only a couple of posts here when I first viewed it. It was late and I was too pooped to participate then. Came back this morning and it's loaded with gorgeous roses and photos!!!

Beth, that Bill Warriner is scrumptious but I'm also crazy about Boulie's Dream, Broceliande and Butterfly!

Canadian Rose, what a gorgeous photo of Babs and I love your big mouthed frog!

Diane, love the ruffles on Blueberry Hill!

Marina, your photos are so amazing it's hard to choose but I think I'm leaning towards Baptiste Lafaye

Sara, your roses are right up there with everyone else's!

Kate, Berolina! Wow!

Pat, Bewitched is breathtaking!

Andrea, you really caught Black Baccara's velvety look!

Iris, Betty White, a classy rose for a classy lady!

OK, his nibbs has decided we need to venture out in this crappy wheather so I'll post my "B"s when I get back.

• bethnorcal9
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Wow, I'm with Seil. I haven't had a chance to look since I started this the other night. You guys are going crazy! I love it! beautiful blooms all around! My faves are BUXOM BEAUTY, BEROLINA and BLUE LAGOON. Never heard of that one before. Have to go look it up...

Can't wait to see what you offer up Seil!

• seil zone 6b MI
    10 years ago

Back from trekking through the snow. Why he wanted to go out in this was a mystery but we went to Trader Joe's. I've been trying to get him to take me there (it's a ways from home) for a month but noooo, he waits until there are 8 inches of snow on the ground, lol. MEN!

So here are my "B" offerings:
    Itty bitty Baby Betsy McCall

Another baby, Baby Blanket

A bright Best Friends

Dug this one out and potted it and it's done much better, Black Cherry

This one isn't doing very well. I think it's a little winter tender. Blanche Neige

The fire engine red Blaze

And last one I really love that's a real bloom machine, Brilliant Pink Iceberg
    {{gwi:350313}}

• DrPekeMom
    10 years ago

Burgundy Iceberg!

• bethnorcal9
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Oooh! Pretties Seil! Love that BLACK CHERRY! Yum!

• pat_bamaz7
    10 years ago

Your "babies" are adorable, Seil!

• canadian_rose
    10 years ago

Seil - love the irony - your Blanche Neige (white snow) is winter tender. :) Your Black Cherry looks amazing - love the color and texture. I also really like your Brilliant Pink Iceberg! How big are the flowers?

Dr.PekeMom - Nice Burgundy Iceberg. What do you think of this rose?

Carol

• seil zone 6b MI
    10 years ago

Thanks, Pat!

Carol, BPI's blooms are about 2 inches and usually in nice clusters. The bush gets about 4 x 4 for me. Actually, it's pretty hardy too. I rarely have to prune anything off it in the spring.

• DrPekeMom
    10 years ago

Icebergs do well for me. They can get a little blackspot-y in December if my husband gets too excited with the water, but I cut them down and they come back like crazy. I love the burgundy iceberg--it's just as prolific as my pink and white one. I

• Brittie - La Porte, TX 9a
    10 years ago

I love beverly! She's one of my new favorites. Betty White is ridiculously pretty, but I'm worried she might ball for me. Anyone have experience with that?

The only B roses I have that aren't already posted (and that I have pictures for) are mini's.

Baby Katie (pic taken in hot september)

• Brittie - La Porte, TX 9a
    10 years ago

And Blue Suede Shoes... I think. Do you ever get pictures mixed up? Arg, if I don't put them on the computer and label them right away, I start to get unsure. Anywho... Blue Suede Shoes is the most likely suspect for this picture...

• canadian_rose
    10 years ago

Yes, Betty White can ball if it rains a lot. I do find that the edges of the blooms turn a bit brown in the rain. The fragrance is quite wonderful!!

Carol

• marhelm
    10 years ago

My"B"
    Bon-Bon

Brigadoon

Blue girl

• canadian_rose
    10 years ago

Wow!! That's a GORGEOUS Blue Girl!!!
    Carol

• dublinbay z6 (KS)
    10 years ago

Blue Suede Shoes and Blue Girls--cool blues!

Kate

• Curdle 10a (Australia)
    10 years ago

More from the Victorian State garden...

Blueberry Hill

Brass Band - theres more tree roses on the other side of the path; it makes a spectacular display.

Betty - this is an Australian rose i think..havent been able to find it on HMF tho..

• canadian_rose
    10 years ago

Gosh those standard roses are sublime! What a statement!! I love Blueberry Hill. I don't have it - but it looks so wonderful.
    Carol

• nanadollZ7 SWIdaho
    10 years ago

I need to catch up on my comments--I am enjoying these newly posted pics so much.
    Seil, I love your bitty minis, especially Baby Betsy McCall. She looks a bitty bit like a teeny tiny Peace Rose (sorry).
    Brittie, those unique petals on Blue Suede Shoes look like satin.
    Carol, that's a lovely pic of Betty White with her soft pink petals. The actress just turned 92, by the way.
    Marhel, your Bon-Bon's fat blooms are gorgeous.
    Curdle, oh my, more amazing roses from the Vic State Garden. Those Brass Band tree roses are just boggling. What I would give to see them in person!
    Thanks for posting these luscious pics. Diane

• Kippy
    10 years ago

Bishop's Castle
    {{gwi:226066}}
    Belinda's Dream
    {{gwi:226068}}

Both taken today

• sara_ann-z6bok
    10 years ago

Kippy - Love your Bishop's Castle and Belinda's Dream. Can't imagine having roses bloom in January, how nice!

• diane_nj 6b/7a
    10 years ago

Bees Knees
    {{gwi:278001}}
    {{gwi:277916}}

Blushing Knock Out

This post was edited by diane_nj on Sun, Jan 26, 14 at 13:19

• seil zone 6b MI
    10 years ago

Oh, Kippy, you're killing me! It's below zero out there!

Diane, your BKO is amazing!

• the_bustopher z6 MO
    10 years ago

There are some really nice pictures in this collection. I will add a few of my "B" roses. The first is a large spray on Blue for You, something that up until this past year it was not doing. It was blooming mostly singly and in small clusters, but this one was a surprise.

The next one is a group of flowers on my climber, Bright Fire. They were actually having decent form and looking more like classic hybrid teas.

The next one is my white damask rose Botzaris.

My last one is a gallica rose, Belle sans Flatterie, which sometimes looks like a 2-tone with the outer petals a lighter shade and the inner ones a darker shade. It is quite pretty and delicate.

I hope you will like these few.

• nanadollZ7 SWIdaho
    10 years ago

Diane, the individual bloom of Blushing Knockout in your photo has surprised me with its delicacy and refinement, and the whole plant has a casual form I love, not to mention the very impressive blooming. My opinion of KOs has certainly changed after seeing these photos! Thanks for posting them.
    Bustopher, since I have a soft spot for lavender, Blue for You is a charming favorite, but all your roses are just lovely. Thanks for a little glimpse of them.
    Diane

• bethnorcal9
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Oooh Bustopher! Love that BRIGHT FIRE!! Never heard of it before.

• dublinbay z6 (KS)
    10 years ago

Bustopher, I especially like your gallica and your damask. Lovely blooms!

Curdle, your red Australian rose is gorgeous. Is Betty available only in Australia?

Kippy, Bishop's Castle is absolutely wonderful.

Diane--I had no idea Blushing KO was so vigorous. It looks like it is actually climbing--didn't know KOs did that.

Kate

• nanadollZ7 SWIdaho
    10 years ago

I didn't get Ballerina posted with my other Bs, so I'll add it now before this monster thread gets totally out of hand. Diane

• redwolfdoc_z5
    10 years ago

The one bloom I've ever captured on my meager Blue Girl:
    {{gwi:1201643}}

And here's Blaze. Foliage looks good here but sadly is usually BS ridden and/or gone by mid-summer.
    {{gwi:1201644}}

• neptune44
    10 years ago

Biedermeyer

Barkorole

Blue Moon

Bonica

• bethnorcal9
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Beautiful roses Neptune! Love that BEIDERMEYER!

• sara_ann-z6bok
    10 years ago

Neptune - Your roses are so lovely. Barkorole and Blue Moon are gorgeous!