Image Hosting by PictureTrail.com

HARRY WHEATCROFT

HOOCHIE KOOCHIE

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Roses "H"

I keep trying to get over this obsession with 'Heaven On Earth' and you post this beauty of a photo. Love it.

This very strong yellow was a favorite of my dad's. Looked great with Sonia (coral here) in a vase and almost lasted as long as she. A richer color than what I caught.

Henry Fonda

o

'Honor' consistently has these lovely blooms. I understand it doesn't do well in all parts of the country tho. (no pink tinge in person)

Honor - Warriner'76, HT

o

And here is my first Austin rose. Didn't do much for 7 years and then reached for the sky. I pulled some branches of the anemone Honorine Jobert across the path for this pic.

Heritage

o

Think I have only one "H"--

Home Run--very floriferous and disease-resistant

Beth--love the subtle shades of Harmonie and Hopie Girl--and the not-so-subtle coloration of Harry Wheatcroft--wow!

Iris--what a nice white--wish I'd known about Honor when I was looking for a good white.

Kate

o

Henry Fonda - much better color
 photo HenryFonda0161sh85per.jpg

why HANDEL must go
 photo Handelblackspotdec1-09.jpg

Handel - Cl. - why she's stayed
 photo Handeldec1-09.jpg

photo Handelapr26006.jpg

o

I have nothing to contribute in the H's. Beth - You have some lovely H roses. Love the color combo of Hondo and your Cl. Handel is gorgeous. Your stripes are very dramatic. Iris - Your Henry Fonda and Honor are both very pretty. Kate, I think your Home Run rose is so lovely and healthy looking. Very nice H roses so far.

o

• Posted by beth NorCA 9 (My Page) on
    Thu, Jan 23, 14 at 9:17

Wow, HONOR really is pretty. Irisgal, how tall does your HANDEL get? Mine has never gotten more than about 4-5ft. Blooms only occasionally, and occasionally gets BS, although not as bad as yours. I just love the form and coloring on it.

o

• Posted by seil z6b MI (My Page) on
    Thu, Jan 23, 14 at 10:30

Some real beauties in the "H"s!

Your Hondo is much paler than mine, Beth
Hondo photo hon2013_09280002_zps77d32b7f.jpg

Heather Sproul
Heather Sproul photo hs2013_06180026_zps903cd861.jpg

Home Run
Home Run photo hr2013_06130032_zpsc3cf049a.jpg

Honorine de Brabant
Honorine de Brabant photo hdb2013_06060021_zps69a4950e.jpg

Hot Cocoa
Hot Cocoa photo hc2013_06200007_zps902aaea0.jpg

Hot Romance
Hot Romance photo htr2013_06140009_zpsf4b7cdc0.jpg

o

Oh Beth, So many beauties again! I think my favorites are Helen Keller, Heaven on Earth (I’ve been wanting that one for a long time, but haven't found it) and Hoochie Koochie (what a name)

Iris_gal, Love, love, love the deep yellow coloring of Henry Fonda!

And Kate, your row of Home Runs are blooming beauties!

I think I only have two:

Hot Cocoa

photo hc0528a_zps3bccb80b.jpg

Heart of Gold

photo zzzhog0907d_zpsfa12830f.jpg

And Heart of Gold in a pink mood

photo hog0525c_zps21266c4e.jpg

o

Hellen Keller and Heaven on Earth are so pretty. Hondo and Heart of Gold are both surprising in how the colors can change. I only have 1 H other than Hot Cocoa.

Halloween (first flower from a baby plant)

o

Seil, I hadn't seen your pics when I posted. That Heather Sproul looks perfect, and the Honorine de Brabant overstuffed bud opening up is so pretty.
Brittie, what a great first bloom! I'm such a sucker for yellow roses.

o

Seil, fantastic pic of Heather!

Kate

o

Beth ~ that black devil blackspot HANDEL gets to the top of the 6ft. fence and then the canes arch over for another 6ft.-8ft. Makes its own pergola.

Good to see the different color-looks of HEART OF GOLD.

Nope, don't want 'Heather Sproul'. Not at all. Now I will wipe the drool off my keyboard.

o

Heather Sproul makes a wonderful corsage.

o

Oh, should correct the name...mine is actually Heart O'Gold, not Heart of Gold...sorry, I always do that.

o

Fri, Jan 24, 14 at 13:48

Thanks everyone! Heather Sproul is a tough little one besides being a beauty!

o

Color grabs your attention from a distance. Taken at the nursery in spring, midday. I opted for 'Eureka' instead.

Honey Perfume - Zary'93, florib.

photo HoneyPerfumetcrop027_zpsd4ee1e86.jpg

photo HoneyPerfumeopen026_zpsbf8af7cc.jpg

o

I have only one H to contribute and that is Heirloom. Comments coming on all the beautiful H photos that have been posted. Here's Heirloom. Diane

o

Hope for Humanity

o

Hot Princess (with a Leana photobomb)
Plonk photo June82008053.jpg
Plonk photo June82008055.jpg

o

Honor again

o

Heritage

o

Wow, diane--Hot Princes is gorgeous! Perfect form and the eye-catching hot pink!

Iris--your Honey Perfume is another "hot" one--very eye-appeal!

View--great pic of Heritage--easy to see why it is considered one of the loveliest of the Austins.

Kate

o

Thanks, Kate. This was Heritage's first summer in my garden & I hope as it matures the blooms will last longer as they only lasted a few hours before shattering. Only time will tell.

o

Thank you Kate! Hot Princess is still used as a florist variety. The petals have excellent substance, and the form holds for days.

o

Mon, Jan 27, 14 at 21:47

Love that Honey Perfume!

Diane, that is an entire bouquet of Queens!

o

I am sooo behind--just trying to catch up with the H roses, and the I's and J's already have been posted.
Beth, I'm not familiar with Heather, but she's a real beauty. I love the pale lavender look. Excellent photos of Honey Perfume and Hot Chocolate (love those colors) with each petal so well defined. Then there's my favorite, Hot Cocoa,with its dusky, intriguing color-wow. As lovely as Heaven on Earth is for you, I have bad memories of that rose when I grew her. I'm glad yours is doing so well. Have you had a problem with dieback with HoE?
Iris, that photo of Henry Fonda is perfection, and Honor is even better. What a lovely photo composition.
Kate, I am impressed Home Run's colors and blooming, and your birdbath is just charming alongside it. I guess we all forgive certain roses of their imperfections when their blooms are as breathtaking as Handel's.
Seil, that Heather Sproul is an exquisite rose, and so is your photo of her. I love your sharp close up of Home Run--goes nicely with Kate's shot of the whole shrub.
Pat, ooo, those pics of Heart 0' Gold...it's impossible to choose which mood I like best. Both are equally gorgeous.
Brittie, your Halloween is a beautiful rich yellow.
Iris, you have an eye popping Honey Perfume as well. What a luscious color.
Unbiddenn, I love the rich color of Hope for Humanity.
Diane, wow, Hot Princess is rose perfection with its petals smooth as porcelain.
ViewNY, I love the refinement and delicate color of your Heritage.
Thanks everyone for posting such lovely H rose photos.
Diane

o

• Posted by beth NorCA 9 (My Page) on
    Thu, Jan 30, 14 at 1:25

Diane, HEATHER is a J&P florist rose that also goes by the name SILVER ANNIVERSARY. My HEAVEN ON EARTH does pretty well. No dieback that I've seen.

o

• Posted by curdle 9b, Australia (My Page) on
    Thu, Jan 30, 14 at 4:44

Honey Perfume from the Treloar gardens

Honey Perfume photo HoneyPerfume_zpsf21bb6ad.jpg

o

High Society from the Huntington. The color is off in this picture. The real color is wonderful and I can just stand and look at it. It's very rich and jewel like. Sort of like a cross between Maria Callas and Chrysler Imperial. It zings from across the grass.

o

Honey Dijon

Heidi Klum

Handel

o

Neptune44 - You have some lovely roses. Your Honey Dijon is the prettiest picture I've seen of it and your Handel is gorgeous!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Rose Gallery Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here