Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sara_ann_gw

Pictures of Pink Roses

sara_ann-z6bok
10 years ago

I've seen a few threads from the past on here where members posted pictures of their roses all in the same color family, like all pinks, all reds, all lavenders, etc. I love seeing them that way. It's nice to see all of the same color together, it's a good way to compare. I probably have more pinks than anything, I'm going to show a few of my favorites. Would love for you to share yours.

BELINDA'S DREAM

Comments (56)

• nanadollZ7 SWIdaho
    10 years ago

I'm sorry to cut in on your posts, Ssara-Ann. That's a bodacious Rose de Rescht for sure.
    Here's Eglantyne. Diane

• sara_ann-z6bok
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks, Diane. I ordered a Frederic Mistral from Hortico. It should be a good one, if it is an off-spring of McCartney. Hope you have some more pinks to show. If I posted all mine, it would take all night!

TIFFANY

• nanadollZ7 SWIdaho
    10 years ago

Here's Evelyn, which is apricot most of the time, but fairly frequently produces some nice pink blooms. Diane

• sara_ann-z6bok
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Diane - Those are gorgeous! Diane, I don't mind at all!

This post was edited by Sara-Ann on Fri, Jan 31, 14 at 23:32

• nanadollZ7 SWIdaho
    10 years ago

Here's Sister's Fairytale, a Kordes rose. Diane

• Kippy
    10 years ago

Brilliant Pink Iceberg

Mismarked pink Austing

Yves
    {{gwi:288569}}

• nanadollZ7 SWIdaho
    10 years ago

Here's yet another view of Augusta Luise, in a more pink mood. Diane

• nanadollZ7 SWIdaho
    10 years ago

I think this better be my last one. We're all cutting in on each other. Let confusion reign!
    Here's a familiar pic of Princess Alexandra of Kent. Diane

• sara_ann-z6bok
    Original Author
    10 years ago

I adore that Sister's Fairytale and I always love seeing your Augusta Luise. Kippy, love the Brilliant Pink Iceberg, the unmarked Austin is lovely as is your Yves rose.

• sara_ann-z6bok
    Original Author
    10 years ago

MEREDITH

• sara_ann-z6bok
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Almost all of my pink roses have a wonderful fragrance and that is a nice bonus.

PINK PEACE

• sara_ann-z6bok
    Original Author
    10 years ago

MARIJKE KOOPMAN

• sara_ann-z6bok
    Original Author
    10 years ago

BIG MOMMA

• dublinbay z6 (KS)
    10 years ago

Pink is such a common color that I'm afraid this thread will get unbearably long, so I will only post a few of my pinks--but let me say first that the pics above are beautiful! Sara-Ann, you have a way of capturing the light adding a glow to your roses--very appealing.

Mortimer Sackler (Austin)--usually ignored, but actually a very bloomiferous rose with good disease resistance.
    {{gwi:237753}}

Mystic Beauty (Bourbon)--probably my most beautiful bloom.
    {{gwi:236892}}

Here are two of my newest pinks:
    Sceptered Isle (Austin)
    {{gwi:217621}}

Pomponella (Kordes)--love those little pompoms!
    {{gwi:217613}}

Eden Climber (Meilland)--I've lamented all summer that this beauty just up and died on me. Finally ordered a new one--just have to have this beauty blooming in my garden!
    {{gwi:328591}}

Hope you enjoyed those.

Kate

• sara_ann-z6bok
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Kate - Thank you very much. I love your Mortimer Sackler with all the beautiful blooms and the Sceptered Isle. You and Diane (Nana) are winning me over with your lovely Austins. I will always love my hybrid teas, but I have a feeling that before too long they won't be the center of my rose universe. Your Pomponella is sweet and Eden is a favorite of mine. Your Mystic Beauty is lovely, reminds of SDLM. Thanks for sharing.

• Brittie - La Porte, TX 9a
    10 years ago

Liv Tyler, one of my favorite smellers. Plant is still pretty lanky, but those flowers!

10 years ago

Maggie

10 years ago

maman cochet

10 years ago

Madame Scipion Cochet

10 years ago

Treasure Trail

• sara_ann-z6bok
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Brittie - Your Liv Tyler is heavenly! Beautiful and fragrant too, sounds like a winner. Love all your pinks, thanks for sharing.

• Lynn-in-TX-Z8b- Austin Area/Hill Country
    10 years ago

Pleasure Floribunda

• nanadollZ7 SWIdaho
    10 years ago

These pinks are so lovely--I have a looong list of pink roses to look up on HMF.
    Kippy, "mismatched" is an exquisite photo of its sweet pink color. Have any idea which roses it is?
    Sara-Ann, I love Meredith's soft pink and perfect petals, and Marijke Koopman also has those perfect porcelain-esque petals, too. Great rich pink color.
    Kate, Motimer is gorgeous. Maybe it's his name (remember Mortimer Snerd?-you may not be old enough) that makes him ignored. I would like to learn more about him. I think Pomponella is a real charmer that I've considered acquiring. Does she bloom a lot?
    Brittie, what a lovely, sophisticated bloom Liv Tyler is, and Maggie's color is such a rich, lovely pink.
    Lynn, I love your photo of Pleasure. What a neat center and perfect pink color.
    This has been fun seeing so many pretty pinks-much better than brown. Diane

• sara_ann-z6bok
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Desertgarden561 - Pleasure looks like a perfect floribunda, gorgeous! Thank you Diane

• view1ny NY 6-7
    10 years ago

Brother Cadfael

• view1ny NY 6-7
    10 years ago

Pink Promise

• view1ny NY 6-7
    10 years ago

Sexy Rexy

• view1ny NY 6-7
    10 years ago

Heritage

• view1ny NY 6-7
    10 years ago

Imposter

• view1ny NY 6-7
    10 years ago

Signature

• view1ny NY 6-7
    10 years ago

Lady of Megginch

• view1ny NY 6-7
    10 years ago

Bride's Dream

• view1ny NY 6-7
    10 years ago

And of course, James Galway

• sara_ann-z6bok
    Original Author
    10 years ago

View1ny - Some lovely pinks there, love them all! They all look very healthy and beautiful!

• view1ny NY 6-7
    10 years ago

Sara-Ann, thanks. Yours are beautiful as well. At least if we can't get out into our gardens, we can admire all these lovely roses online. It's a lot of fun & a very pleasant way of spending a cold winter evening indoors.

• dublinbay z6 (KS)
    10 years ago

Nana--there is a story about the rose name Mortimer Sackler. Hope I remember it correctly. Seems there is a very rich guy named Mortimer Sackler. His wife wanted to get him something new and different for his birthday, so she bought the naming rights for one of the new Austin roses--and named it after her husband. If I remember correctly, she paid something like $40,000 for that naming-right.

A unique gift for the rich man who already has everything else, I guess.

On another subject, is it just a coincidence that the pink roses have some of the loveliest shapes in rosedom? Or does pink just somehow show off their excellents forms best? So many of the above pics are wonderfully shaped!

Kate

• bethnorcal9
    10 years ago

Here's a few of mine:

BEVERLY
    {{gwi:350310}}

BRINESSA
    {{gwi:350309}}

CONFIDENCE
    {{gwi:1202022}}

CRANFORD
    {{gwi:1202023}}

ELIZA
    {{gwi:1197957}}

GREAT SCOTT
    {{gwi:1198894}}

IDA
    {{gwi:1196603}}

LADY LIKE
    {{gwi:350305}}

NATALI
    {{gwi:1202024}}

MME CAROLINE TESTOUT
    {{gwi:1202025}}

PORTRAIT
    {{gwi:350302}}

PINK INTUITION

ROEDEAN
    {{gwi:350501}}

SHOWTIME
    {{gwi:350299}}

SUSAN HAMPSHIRE

THE MCCARTNEY ROSE
    {{gwi:350301}}

WEDDING BELLS
    {{gwi:350297}}

VOGUE (florist one)

• seil zone 6b MI
    10 years ago

Looks like everything is in the pink here! I love all the different shades you see in these.

Dainty Bess, cuz she's a favorite!
    {{gwi:231251}}

Elle

Marijka Koopman

Memorial Day

New Zealand

Quietness

Ruffled Cloud
    {{gwi:350321}}

Rural Rhythm
    {{gwi:350402}}

Strawberry Romance

Voluptuous
    {{gwi:350323}}

• Krista_5NY
    10 years ago

Pink roses are my favorite! It's wonderful to see so many beautiful blooms.

The Alnwick Rose

Perfume Delight

{{gwi:216010}}

Mortimer Sackler

Gertrude Jekyll

Queen Elizabeth

{{gwi:267265}}

Lavender Lassie

{{gwi:205885}}

Brilliant Pink Iceberg

Bishop's Castle

{{gwi:210058}}

• Krista_5NY
    10 years ago

My third pic is not Mortimer Sackler, it's The Mayflower, sorry about that...

• sara_ann-z6bok
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Beth, Seil and Krista. You all have some gorgeous pinks! Pink Intuition is a very lovely stripe and I love Showtime and Portrait, love them all Beth. Seil - Your Dainty Bess is so lovely and I can't wait until my Marijke Koopman is mature and looks like yours. Quietness and New Zealand are gorgeous, all very nice. Krista - Your Gertrude Jekyll is a standout, they are all lovely.

• jo_pyeweed (z9 SF Bay Area)
    10 years ago

It's pure joy to see everyone's pink roses. Simply gorgeous.

Here's Madame Antoine Mari, a tea.

- Jo

10 years ago

Lovely picture of Madame Antoine Mari! So soft and pretty.

• sara_ann-z6bok
    Original Author
    10 years ago

The pink rose that has been my most dependable.

QUEEN ELIZABETH

This post was edited by Sara-Ann on Thu, Feb 6, 14 at 11:12

• lesmc
    10 years ago

Sara-Ann, what a lovely picture of Queen Elizabeth. I love seeing the bush shots. It seems like that is all I take. Next summer I want to take more bloom shots! Queen E. was my dad`s favorite rose. I will always grow it in my garden. It was my dad that taught me about roses, their beauty and the joy of growing them. Lesley

• sara_ann-z6bok
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Lesley - Thank you. I love the bush shots the most. Right now most of my bushes are newly planted, so that is why I take so many bloom shots. Hopefully my roses are going to make it through this brutal winter (so far they are looking good) and I can have some good spring flush shots. I love seeing your beautiful garden shots, you are so gifted. I'm sure you have some fond memories from what you learned from your dad.

• lesmc
    10 years ago

Elizabeth Taylor...a great rose in my KY garden. Good form,no disease, fast repeat, no scent.Thank you, Sara -Ann for your kind words. I believe that we all had an important mentor that led us into growing roses. It was a privilege to work and learn with my dad.You have a lovely rose garden. I am amazed at how healthy your roses are. Here, disease is such an issue. I unfortunately must spray a fungicide . Lesley

• the_bustopher z6 MO
    10 years ago

I'll throw in a few of mine. The first is the pale pink damask rose, Blush Damask.

Next is the shrub rose, Lady of the Dawn. It gets rather large, but it blooms well.

This next one is one of the better repeating pink Austins, Sir Edward Elgar.

{{gwi:219006}}

Next is another of my once-bloomers, Celestial.

Another of my pink once-blooming old roses, Konigin von Danemark.

Next is a climber, Hotel Royal. It is gorgeous in the spring, but it doesn't repeat all that well, and it is quite black spot prone.

Next is the hot pink floribunda, Neon Lights, a bright spot when it blooms.

After many years, this variety is still on the market and still beautiful, Royal Highness.

Last, but not least, is this absolutely surreal picture of what is the best bloom on Cherry Vanilla that I have had.

I hope you like these and find some of them interesting.

• sara_ann-z6bok
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Bustopher - You have some lovely pinks there. Really like Sir Edward Edgar and Hotel Royal. Thank you again Lesley. Your Elizabeth Taylor is lovely, seems like I've read good things about it. It is one of many that I have considered. but never tried.

This post was edited by Sara-Ann on Sun, Feb 9, 14 at 7:51