Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
tny78

Show off your pinks--Part II

TNY78
12 years ago

Love the pinks! Here are a few of mine :)

Table Mtn:

{{gwi:1202361}}

St. Elisabeth of Hungary

{{gwi:1202362}}

Pink Grootendorst

{{gwi:1202363}}

Pink Flamingo

{{gwi:1202364}}

Paw Maw

{{gwi:1202365}}

Mutabilis

{{gwi:1202366}}

Hula Hoop

{{gwi:1202367}}

Hansa

{{gwi:1202368}}

Hannah Gordon

{{gwi:1202369}}

Freckles

{{gwi:1202370}}

The Fairy

{{gwi:1202371}}

English Miss

{{gwi:1202372}}

Cupcake

{{gwi:1202373}}

Clothtilde Soupert

{{gwi:1202374}}

Pomponella

{{gwi:1202376}}

Balinda's Dream

April in Paris

Angelica Renae

Lastly, Champney's Pink Cluster (inside its chicken wire cage to protect it until it gets bigger...although it can't protect it from the cucumber bugs as you can see!)

Sorry this went on and on...I just couldn't choose!

~Tammy

Comments (26)

• inga007

Ahhh, Ohhh. Lovely photos of your roses. Thanks for sharing.

• inga007

• inga007

• ron_and_susan
    12 years ago

Great shots Tammy. Here is my nine pics.--Ron
    The first pic is Tickled Pink.

">
    The second pic is Billy Graham.
    ">
    The third pic is Esther Geldenhuys.
    ">
    The fourth pic is Classic Touch.
    ">
    The fifth pic is Nightingale.
    ">
    The sixth pic is Maverick.
    ">
    The seventh pic is The Lady.
    ">
    The eighth pic is Esme Euvrard.
    ">
    The ninth and last pic is Dr. Bob Harvey.
    ">

• dublinbay z6 (KS)
    12 years ago

I'm swooning over so much pink beauty! Thanks Tammy for starting a new thread. Your St. Eliz. of Hungary is gorgeous! And so is Hannah Gordon.

Seil, that Memorial Day shot is terrific on the first thread, but I'm really partial to that last rose--can't remember its name--pink and yellowish.

Ron, what a perfect swirl on your Tickled Pink . I like The Lady also. You like those swirling ones, don't you.

Isn't it amazing how many different pink beauties are out there!

Keep them coming, please.

Kate

• dublinbay z6 (KS)
    12 years ago

Seil's rose that was making my heart to pitty-pat is Strawberry Romance. I need to keep that one in mind for future reference.

Kate

• Krista_5NY
    12 years ago

Thank you for posting all these beautiful pics!

Here are a few more pinks:

The Mayflower

{{gwi:335382}}

Mrs. John Laing

{{gwi:217857}}

Sharifa Asma

{{gwi:217858}}

Pink Promise

Mme Pierre Oger and Brilliant Pink Iceberg

{{gwi:297466}}

• seil zone 6b MI
    12 years ago

Wow! These are all gorgeous!

Tammy, just nuts about Mutabilis and I really think I'm gong to give it a try. And Freckles! Love the spots!

Ron, Classic Touch made my heart beat faster!

Krista, that last photo of MPO and BPI is gorgeous!

Thank you all for your nice comments, too! Strawberry Romance is a John Sheldon phototropic rose so it changes colors like Double Delight depending on the sun and weather conditions. Unfortunately it's not easy to find because John's roses are only availble through the big box stores, like Walmart, for the most part. But check Regan's Nursery on line because they sometimes carry some of John's beauties.

I went back through my photos and pulled out a couple more pinks.
    Albequerque Enchantment

Focal Point

Iced Raspberry

Lady Bren

Nostalgia

Pinocchio

Verdun

X-Rated

That really does tap me out for pinks so I think we need to pick a new color!

• dublinbay z6 (KS)
    12 years ago

Why don't we give this thread a few days longer. We are still getting some new posters putting up their pinks. If no more show up in the next few days, I definitely agree that it is time to move on to color #2.

Thanks again to everybody who contributed. We've all enjoyed them immensely.

Kate

• TNY78
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Beautiful everyone!

seil...do give Mutabilis a try, it's such a beautiful and easy to grow rose! Even though it's a China, it's been hardy here for three years. I do have it in a protected area though...

Ron...all of your roses have perfect from...very graceful!

Krista...the last pic with brilliant pink iceberg...I love!

• TNY78
    Original Author
    12 years ago

I forgot my favorite pink yesterday! My "wild" rose that grows in the empty lot behind my house. I have no idea what it is, but I LOVE it!!!

{{gwi:1202424}}

• blendguy
    12 years ago

Some of my favourites:

Alan Titchmarsh / Huntington Rose
    {{gwi:1202317}}

Brother Cadfael
    {{gwi:1202320}}

Cottage Rose
    {{gwi:1202323}}

Eglantyne
    {{gwi:1202326}}

Gentle Hermione
    {{gwi:1202329}}

Heritage
    {{gwi:1202332}}

Princess Alexandra of Kent
    {{gwi:1202334}}

Scepter'd Isle
    {{gwi:1202336}}

Sharifa Asma
    {{gwi:1202338}}

Sister Elizabeth
    {{gwi:1202339}}

Strawberry Hill
    {{gwi:1202342}}

The Alnwick Rose
    {{gwi:1202343}}

The Ingenious Mr Fairchild
    {{gwi:1202344}}

The Lady's Blush
    {{gwi:1202345}}

Queen of Sweden
    {{gwi:1202346}}

The Wedgewood Rose

I hope you enjoyed the photos!

Cheers,
    robert

• TNY78
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Robert...that is exactly why I love David Austin's roses...they are stunning! That picture of Heritage with the honey bee flying toward it is a great shot!
    ~Tammy

• bethnorcal9
    12 years ago

OMG you guys!! These are all gorgeous! I think my favorite would be FRECKLES. But Robert your DA's are just breathtaking! I think I need THE WEDGEWOOD ROSE!

• lesmc
    12 years ago

Everyone!!!! Thank you so much for this "fix"! Every photo is lovely. David, I so enjoyed your Austin roses. Must add a few to my want list. I`m so happy!!Lesley

• dublinbay z6 (KS)
    12 years ago

Robert, I love all your Austins, but maybe most Queen of Sweden, Sister Elizabeth, Scepter'd Isle, Gentle Hermione, and Huntington Rose.

But as a photo, Heritage with the approaching bee is outstanding.

If someone else wants to post some pink roses, perhaps you should start a new thread: Show off your pinks--Part III.
    This thread may be getting a bit heavy for some viewers with limited bandwidth.

Kate

• seil zone 6b MI
    12 years ago

Robert, I'm drooling! I've been trying to decide which pink Austin I want to get...now I want them all!

• blendguy
    12 years ago

Hi all,

Thanks for the nice comments on the photos. The picture of Heritage was just pure luck, I was ready to take the photo and a bee flew in at just the right moment, it's one of my favourite photos.

Growing and taking photos of English Roses has become one of my favourite hobbies, they bring me such joy to grow them, and I'm always so happy when I'm able to capture something of the essence of the rose the way that I see their beauty. It's also a great pleasure to share them and have others find beauty in the photographs, so my thanks to you for enjoying them and commenting on them.

I see a new thread on yellows, we should perhaps add one for reds and one for apricots? Still, overall, I find the pinks most beautiful of all.

many thanks,
    robert

• dublinbay z6 (KS)
    12 years ago

Robert, we probably will eventually get to the other colors sooner or later. We are taking the colors one at a time to kind of stretch out the enjoyment for a good portion of the winter. Like a new color every couple weeks. Hopefully, that will keep up the interest and drive off the winter blues as all us obssessive rose gardeners wait impatiently for spring.

I'm feeling good today. Roses Unlimited just confirmed my order for 4 rose that would fit either our pink or yellow categories: Easter Basket, The Pilgrim, St. Swithun, and Peter Mayle. I'm so excited. Is spring here yet?

Kate

• altorama Ray
    12 years ago

Unknown rose, maybe Agathe?
    {{gwi:205571}}

William Baffin
    {{gwi:261140}}

Unique Panache

Tausendschon
    {{gwi:229543}}

Marie Pavie

Mary Rose

Jacques Amyot

Eden

Compte de Chambord

Blush Hip
    {{gwi:205561}}

Seafoam, pink in the cooler weather
    {{gwi:261141}}

Lady Penzance
    {{gwi:275443}}

This is Ferndale Red China in the fall, when it turns PINK!
    {{gwi:299439}}

Unknown rambler
    {{gwi:297531}}

Mountain Mignonette
    {{gwi:249480}}

Nymphe Egeria

Ballerina
    {{gwi:226692}}

Mutabilis

Complicata
    {{gwi:216277}}

Hansa

• dublinbay z6 (KS)
    12 years ago

Alto, Lady Penzance and Mountain Mignonette are very interesting and different. Tell me a bit about them--they are new to me.

Kate

• seil zone 6b MI
    12 years ago

You have lots of pretty pinks, altorama!

• altorama Ray
    12 years ago

Thank you Seil!
    Kate, I did not have Lady Penzance long, I just didn't 'love it', it got a lot of blackspot, gave it to a friend who loved it though. It's a Sweet Briar Rose, not very fragrant except for the foliage. The color was even brighter than the picture shows!
    Mignonette, actually it is "Mountain Mignonette". A small bush, small leaflets and blooms. ALWAYS in bloom. Very hardy, not very fragrant, nice tiny hips. It's one of my favorites, really nicely shaped bush. Also really healthy, does very well in part shade.
    I think there are 7 or 8 roses that have the name 'Mignonette' in it!

• TNY78
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Beautiflu pinks Altorama. I have Lady Penzance (2nd year) and it has yet to bloom. I just love every picture that I see of it, so I'm being patient :)

Also really like your Mutabilis photo with the water dripping...very different!

Tammy

• jewelie6
    11 years ago

Here are a couple of my cupcake mini

• JessicaBe
    11 years ago

Tammy and Blendguy your roses are beautiful! And all the rest of you your pinks are beautiful too :)

Sponsored
Creating Thoughtful, Livable Spaces For You in Franklin County