CHANTILLY LACE

There are more, but figured this was plenty!! LOL

Comments (66)

• nanadollZ7 SWIdaho
    10 years ago

And my second C is the climber, Colette. Diane

• sara_ann-z6bok
    10 years ago

Seil - All lovely roses. Caliente is such a pretty color. I always enjoy all your lovely roses so much. Diane - Your Cl. Colette is gorgeous.

• surya55_gw
    10 years ago

OMG! I am humbled by the sheer beauty of everyone's roses. This is great when it's a few degrees outside right now. Makes me long for summer. Thanks for the show.

• Brittie - La Porte, TX 9a
    10 years ago

Wow, the C roses are really stunning! Coretta Scott King is one that I want, and Cinderella is ADORABLE! I love mini roses.

I only have one again, Camelot.

• redwolfdoc_z5
    10 years ago

This is an alphabetized shopping list, right? :)

Just beautiful! These posts are causing me to look twice at types I'd never before felt drawn to - like striped roses.

Fantastic pic of Cinco de Mayo - I've got one coming in spring and can't wait!

Beth, that picture of Chocolate Sundae makes me wish I lived three zones warmer! I wonder if DH would consider roses a valid reason to move...

• canadian_rose
    10 years ago

Oh my!!!! So many, many lovely roses!!
    My favorites so far are:

- Crimson Glory - so velvety (Beth)
    - Chartreuse de Parme (Beth) love the way the petals fold plus the color is perfect.
    - Chippendale - (Beth) ditto above
    - Cabaret - (Beth)
    - Ch-Ching (Sara Ann) hey, does your Ch-ching have fragrance - so far mine doesn't
    - Coretta Scott King (Pat)
    - Centennial Star (Pat)
    - Coltilde Soupert (Pat) - wow!!
    - Charles Rennie M ( Dr.Pekemom)
    - Caramel Antike (nanadoll)
    - Colette ( Nanadoll)
    - Clarence (The Dark Lady)
    - Comtesse de Lacepede (TDL)
    - Crown Princess Margaret (TDL)

Wow everyone!!!!
    Here is Charles Austin

Carol

• canadian_rose
    10 years ago

Here is Ch-Ching
    Carol

• sara_ann-z6bok
    10 years ago

Marina - You have so many lovely roses. Brittie - Your Camelot is really pretty. Carol - I really like your picture of Ch-Ching, I haven't detected much fragrance yet. Love your Charles Austin too.

• iris_gal
    10 years ago

Colette first blms vy apricot! I was devastated.

Colette bush (Cl. that is kept pruned under 5 ft.)

Colette - now this is more like it!

Compassion Cl.- 'happy feeling' rose but hasn't captured me .... well, thorns have.

Cherish - never could capture the correct shade of coralish pink but isn't her form pretty ....

• seil zone 6b MI
    10 years ago

Marina, can't help but notice the enormous difference in our Cinderellas! Mine the tiny micro-mini and yours the glorious spreading noisette, right?

• canadian_rose
    10 years ago

Here is Chicago Peace, of course!
    In bud form:
    Carol

• marhelm
    10 years ago

Candy land

Caribia

Charizma

• iris_gal
    10 years ago

Marhel, nice stripes!

Which clematis is that with Candy Land?
    Nice combo. TIA

• the_dark_lady
    10 years ago

Marhel, love your Caribia and Charizma!

Seil, my Cinderella is a shrub/climber by Kordes from Fairy Tale series. Mine grows more like a large shrub.

Here is a link that might be useful: Kordes Cinderella on HMF

• marhelm
    10 years ago

iris_gal This clematis blue Fantan.Very strong plant

• iris_gal
    10 years ago

Thanks Marhel. I love it! And the combo. Never would have thought it up.

Doing the new rear fence and reluctantly decided against 'Candy Land'. Want to change my mind now. But I think climbing 'Angel Face' will work best with existing stuff. Hmmm, need to find a place for 'Fantan'.

• nanadollZ7 SWIdaho
    10 years ago

It looks like more beautiful C's have arrived.
    Marina, Cameo Perfume, a new rose to me, is very appealing with its ruffly petals and so subtle coloring.
    Brittie, what a big, lush beauty is Camelot.
    Carol, that's one extravagant bloom of Charles Austin. I love all those apricot petals.
    Iris, I love the color of your Colette blooms, and what an impressive display of them, too. My Colette has lots of Apricot in its coloring; were you expecting a different color?
    Marhel, Candyland is so cute with the striking look of the clematis--very eyecatching.
    Thanks, everyone, for all these lovely photos to look at on a cold night. Diane

• dublinbay z6 (KS)
    10 years ago

That Caribia is an attention-getter. HT or mini?

Kate

• marhelm
    10 years ago

This,HT on the tree. I love it,

• marhelm
    10 years ago

Cordes Prefecta

Cheilas Parfum

• organicgardendreams
    10 years ago

Thanks Beth, for initiating the winter rose alphabet! It is so nice to see you and everyone else posting their lovely roses! I am really happy you published a photo of 'Chandos Beauty'. I got this rose as a band from Vintage Gardens and planted it into the ground only recently. It has already set a bud and I can't wait for this beautiful rose to bloom in my own garden!
    Christina

• kittymoonbeam
    10 years ago

I have a question on Chandos Beauty as well. Is this fine to grow own root? Heirloom is going to offer it and I want to be sure it can grow well on it's own from a band. I don't know why I've waited this long actually because every time I see a picture, I want one immediately.

• bethnorcal9
    Original Author
    10 years ago

I'm not sure how CHANDOS BEAUTY would do own-root. I got mine as a grafted rose from Hortico, so I assume it's on Multiflora. Mine's been in a big pot for several yrs and does pretty well, so far.

• Curdle 10a (Australia)
    10 years ago

So many lovely pics ! I like seeing the minis, as they dont tend to sell many over here at the nurseries..
    Anyways, I have a couple here

Cymbeline

Charles Rennie Mckintosh

• Curdle 10a (Australia)
    10 years ago

But wait, theres more... Pics from the state Rose Garden

China Sunrise- Australian rose

Charles Darwin - big fluffy fat pillows..

Cherub - this is just a section of the most awesome looking weeping tree rose

Colorama

Charlotte

• canadian_rose
    10 years ago

Oh my goodness - that weeping tree!!!! Soooo beautiful - it has such an extravagant showing that I doubt it's repeat blooming????

I've always wanted to have Charles Rennie Mckintosh. Is it a great rose?

Your Cymbeline is soooo soft and lovely. I just love the stuffed look.
    So pretty!!
    Carol

• nanadollZ7 SWIdaho
    10 years ago

More exquisite roses from Curdle! Cymbeline is about the most refined beauty I've seen in a rose--so lovely. And Charles McK is pretty gorgeous himself. The pics from the Vic State Garden are to die for, but Cherub is really beyond describing. I'll just have to come see it for myself. Diane

• Curdle 10a (Australia)
    10 years ago

Hi Carol- both Cymbeline and Charles Rennie are new this year, so I cant really say that much about them...except that the flowers on both are gorgeous, and they both smell rather nice. ( was surprised about CR, because a few things I had read implied it didn't have much of a fragrance - may not be wafty, but definately there).

ha! just looked up Cherub on HMF, and according to the comments it looks like Cherub may not be Cherub after all..oh well..its still lovely looking. They have heaps of tree roses at the State Gardens and I fell in love with all of them that visit.

• Curdle 10a (Australia)
    10 years ago

Oops..I found more C's...

Comtesse du Cayla

Cramoisi Superior- Lady Brisbane

Catherine Mermet

these are from Rushton Garden

• seil zone 6b MI
    10 years ago

Yummy ones, Curdle!

• Kippy
    10 years ago

Crocus Rose today (January 25th 2014)
    {{gwi:226067}}

• canadian_rose
    10 years ago

Oh my goodness!!! that Crocus Rose is INCREDIBLE!!! How gorgeous!!!

Curdle - the Catherine Memet rose is really nice!!
    Carol

• diane_nj 6b/7a
    10 years ago

Conundrum

Caramel Fairy Tale (Caramella)

{{gwi:346145}}
    {{gwi:346146}}

This post was edited by diane_nj on Sun, Jan 26, 14 at 13:18

• the_bustopher z6 MO
    10 years ago

I have quite a few "C" roses. Here are some pictures of some of them. A few are of plants that I no longer have for one reason or another, but you can see what they looked like. The first is the HT California Dreamin'.

Next is the Portland rose Comte de Chambord.

{{gwi:289094}}

This is a trio of blooms on the HT Chantilly Lace.

Next are some flowers on the rarely blooming Austin, Claire Rose.

{{gwi:246539}}

The next one is the HT Chandos Beauty. This one perished as a result of a freeze and snowstorm last May. It just never recovered. It was too bad because it was pretty.

{{gwi:270377}}

My rose garden would not be quite the same without a couple of these excellent Austins, Carding Mill.

Another of my spring late free victims, sadly, the gallica Cardinal de Richelieu.

The next one I would call a "very" rose as in very pretty, very fragrant, and very slow to repeat. It is the HT Charles de Gaulle.

{{gwi:318604}}

The last one for this batch is the grandiflora Cherry Vanilla. A lot of people gave up on it shortly after it was introduced, but it has had some nice flowers for me. Perhaps it is very microclimate specific.

I hope you all like some of these.

• sara_ann-z6bok
    10 years ago

The_bustopher - You have some beautiful C roses. I like them all. California Dreamin', Chantilly Lace, Charles DeGaulle and all the Austins are lovely.

• bethnorcal9
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Oh Bustopher! Those are some beeyootiful roses! I love CHERRY VANILLA. I actually have it, but it's not a great bloomer. I need to mulch it and feed it better. Thanks for showing yours!

• dublinbay z6 (KS)
    10 years ago

I'm glad some of you have the patience to grow some "slow-bloomers"--or us impatient types would never get to see such beautiful roses as Charles DeGaulle or Claire Austin.

Kate

• river_crossroads z8b Central Louisiana
    10 years ago

Cécile Brünner, Cl. Pretty pics, everyone!

• kittymoonbeam
    10 years ago

Charles Darwin from the Huntington Rose Garden

• kittymoonbeam
    10 years ago

Century Two from the Huntington

• kittymoonbeam
    10 years ago

Colette from the Huntington

• kittymoonbeam
    10 years ago

Cotillion from the Huntington

• kittymoonbeam
    10 years ago

Crocus Rose from the Huntington

• kittymoonbeam
    10 years ago

Chicago Peace

• neptune44
    10 years ago

Cariba

Chandos Beauty

Claude Monet

Cherry Parfait

• seil zone 6b MI
    10 years ago

Cariba is drop dead gorgeous!

• boncrow66
    10 years ago

Crown princess Margarete is my fave! Luscious

• dublinbay z6 (KS)
    10 years ago

So many beauties that I don't know where to begin! But bustopher, your Charles de Gaulle is amazingly gorgeous!

And Kitty, Crocus Rose and Chicago Peace--two such different roses--and both supremely beautiful!

And Neptune, Cariba is knock down gorgeous--Wow!

Kate

• boncrow66
    10 years ago

My other favorite is Coreta Scott king, beautiful! I may end up with one soon. I also love the cinco de mayo. Does it bloom all summer and how big does it get? I am so glad to be able to see everyone's beautiful roses. Thanks for sharing.

Sponsored
Bella Casa LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars17 Reviews
The Leading Interior Design Studio in Franklin County