RED TALISMAN

RING OF FIRE mini

REBEKAH

RADOX BOUQUET

Comments (16)

• suebelle_neworleans
    10 years ago

Beth,
    Your collection of roses never ceases to amaze me. It gives us all an opportunity to see some rare roses and they are all beautiful.

Here are two of my roses beginning with "R"

My very fragrant Rouge Royale

Radio Times - another fragrant one.

• sara_ann-z6bok
    10 years ago

Beth - As usual, some great roses! Rose Sachet, Roslyn Carter, Red Intuition, Royal Amethyst, Roedean, Roseanne and Rebekah are my favorites. Suebelle - Yours are both lovely!. Your Rouge Royale is gorgeous and also Radio Times, I can only dream of their fragrance.

My two R roses are -

ROSE DE RESCHT

This post was edited by Sara-Ann on Sun, Feb 23, 14 at 7:50

• sara_ann-z6bok
    10 years ago

My ever dependable
    ROYAL WILLIAM

• dublinbay z6 (KS)
    10 years ago

Beth, your Royal Amethyst is wonderful. Great shot! And I love your dark ones like Roseanne and Rembrandt.

suebelle--I've always been drawn to pics of Rouge Royale, but have never bought one--I don't know why. That is a gorgeous pic of it--as is the one of Radio Times also.

sara--love that bright cheerful pic of Rose de Rescht. Another beauty.

I only have one "r"--and you've probably seen this one posted several times on this forum, but I think it is one of the loveliest roses in my collection--so bear with me, please. : )

Red Intuition--HT
    {{gwi:329644}}

Kate

• seil zone 6b MI
    10 years ago

Lovely roses everyone! I'm drawn to roses with a lighter reverse so Rosie and Ronald appeal to me. But that Radio Times is gorgeous and I love the rich color of Royal William!

Here's my Red Intuition

Rainbows End

Reine des Violettes
    {{gwi:327708}}

Renatta

Rise n Shine

Robin Alonso

Rose de Rescht

Ruffled Cloud

Rural Rhythm

• sara_ann-z6bok
    10 years ago

Kate - I always love seeing your Red Intuition. Seil - Love your Red Intuition too and the Rainbows End is gorgeous, also the Reine des Violettes and Rose de Rescht. They are all lovely..

• snowheather
    10 years ago

Wow! Everybody's photos are lovely! I especially like Roseanne, Beth. And Sara-Ann, that Royal William picture is beautiful. Seil, I like your Rural Rhythm best - a Griffith Buck, I presume? DublinBay, we can't have enough pcitures of Red Intuition, although I envy them since I can't grow it. Suebell, that picture of Rouge Royale is stunning!

I dont have a lot of photos of my "R's, but here's a few.

On the left here is the only shot I have of Route 66. It is a really nice shrub.

This is fhe floribunda, Remarkable.

Here is one of Remarkable's individual flowers.

And here is Rainbow Sorbet.

Last, here is a photo of my Rouge Royale that won the trophy for Best Decorative Rose in a rose show a couple of years ago.

• bethnorcal9
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Wow everybody's photos are beautiful! Suebelle, love your RADIO TIMES! And Seil, your pics are wonderful as always!

Snowheather, that REMARKABLE is beautiful. I see it's not available anywhere anymore. That's a bummer.

• pat_bamaz7
    10 years ago

Beth, Another group of lovely roses. Rembrandt Van Ryn, Rose Sachet, Rebekah, Reverly and Roseanne really stood out to me.
    Sara Ann, Great picture of Royal William
    Suebelle, Radio Times is breathtaking.
    Kate, Never get enough of that Red Intuition :)
    Seil, All beautiful, but think Rural Rhythm and Reine des Violettes are my favorites...I finally broke down and ordered RdV and can't wait for it to bloom.
    Snowheather, Love the color on your Route 66 (and the rose bed in background)

Royal Amethyst

Rock & Roll

Rose de Rescht

Rouge Royale

Rio Samba

• sara_ann-z6bok
    10 years ago

Snowheather - Lovely roses, your Remarkable floribunda is gorgeous, very nice pictures. Pat - Really love your brilliant colored roses. Really like your Royal Amethyst, it looks beautiful. I almost need sunglasses for your Rio Samba picture, it is very pretty though. You must have a very colorful yard during the bloom season, with all your roses and other flowers too! I love it.

• kittymoonbeam
    10 years ago

Royal William. This rose is not highly scented here but the perfect shape is making it one of my favorite reds these days.

• sara_ann-z6bok
    10 years ago

Kitty - Love your Royal William, it's been a very good rose for me.

• iris_gal
    10 years ago

What an opening! ROYAL AMETHYST looks grrreat! (Tony the tiger ?)

'Royal Ascot', 'Radio Times' and 'Rural Rhythm' --- come to mama you pink beauties. Yum!

The search has been ongoing for a red that could replace 'Mr. Lincoln' in my affections. 'Rouge Royale' pics lured me (again). Now 'Royal William' is looking good. But, I confess. I bought a cheap climbing 'Don Juan' last week. Yeh, another hole in the head.

• iris_gal
    10 years ago

Here is my all time favorite climber. When it's in bloom I can smell it from 6 feet away. Its colors as the blooms age are lovely and harmonize perfectly with darker buds. A large trunk so needs strong support.

Royal Sunset - Cl.. Morey'60, 8-15 ft.

• iris_gal
    10 years ago

Clicked on the edit post and it sent me to a listing of all the forums. Does anyone know how to use this?

I forgot to add that the clematis 'Venus Violacea' is very good with 'Royal Sunset'. A heavenly rose combo is 'Chicago Peace' in front of her.

• aviastar 7A Virginia
    10 years ago

oh, iris_gal- that's just lovely! I hope my Royal Sunset fills in as nicely as yours does someday!

I just love these threads; I don't comment very often, but I have pages and pages of notes about roses that I just adore all from these lists!

Here's a baby Royal Sunset, in her first year, my only 'r' so far!