REBEKAH
Image Hosting by PictureTrail.com

RADOX BOUQUET
Image Hosting by PictureTrail.com

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Roses "R"

Beth,
Your collection of roses never ceases to amaze me. It gives us all an opportunity to see some rare roses and they are all beautiful.

Here are two of my roses beginning with "R"

My very fragrant Rouge Royale

Radio Times - another fragrant one.

o

Beth - As usual, some great roses! Rose Sachet, Roslyn Carter, Red Intuition, Royal Amethyst, Roedean, Roseanne and Rebekah are my favorites. Suebelle - Yours are both lovely!. Your Rouge Royale is gorgeous and also Radio Times, I can only dream of their fragrance.

My two R roses are -

ROSE DE RESCHT

This post was edited by Sara-Ann on Sun, Feb 23, 14 at 7:50

o

My ever dependable
ROYAL WILLIAM

o

Beth, your Royal Amethyst is wonderful. Great shot! And I love your dark ones like Roseanne and Rembrandt.

suebelle--I've always been drawn to pics of Rouge Royale, but have never bought one--I don't know why. That is a gorgeous pic of it--as is the one of Radio Times also.

sara--love that bright cheerful pic of Rose de Rescht. Another beauty.

I only have one "r"--and you've probably seen this one posted several times on this forum, but I think it is one of the loveliest roses in my collection--so bear with me, please. : )

Red Intuition--HT

Kate

o

• Posted by seil z6b MI (My Page) on
    Sun, Feb 23, 14 at 12:32

Lovely roses everyone! I'm drawn to roses with a lighter reverse so Rosie and Ronald appeal to me. But that Radio Times is gorgeous and I love the rich color of Royal William!

Here's my Red Intuition
Red Intuition photo ri2013_07060138_zpsd41c2997.jpg

Rainbows End
Rainbows End photo re2013_08200005_zps92c2f5c2.jpg

Reine des Violettes
Reine des Violettes photo 2013_06080080_zpsa753cc52.jpg

Renatta
Renata photo ren2013_06140033_zpsc8e573b5.jpg

Rise n Shine
Rise n Shine photo rns2013_06120006_zps1eb56317.jpg

Robin Alonso
Robin Alonso photo ra2013_09110019_zps35bc7e3a.jpg

Rose de Rescht
Rose de Rescht photo rdr2013_06110096_zps667814ad.jpg

Ruffled Cloud
Ruffled Cloud photo rc2013_06080084_zpsec16f08a.jpg

Rural Rhythm
Rural Rhythm photo rr2013_09020007_zpsd637a0ee.jpg

o

Kate - I always love seeing your Red Intuition. Seil - Love your Red Intuition too and the Rainbows End is gorgeous, also the Reine des Violettes and Rose de Rescht. They are all lovely..

o

Wow! Everybody's photos are lovely! I especially like Roseanne, Beth. And Sara-Ann, that Royal William picture is beautiful. Seil, I like your Rural Rhythm best - a Griffith Buck, I presume? DublinBay, we can't have enough pcitures of Red Intuition, although I envy them since I can't grow it. Suebell, that picture of Rouge Royale is stunning!

I dont have a lot of photos of my "R's, but here's a few.

On the left here is the only shot I have of Route 66. It is a really nice shrub.

Route 66

This is fhe floribunda, Remarkable.

Remarkable

Here is one of Remarkable's individual flowers.

Remarkable-Dec-B copy

And here is Rainbow Sorbet.

Rainbow Sorbet-show

Last, here is a photo of my Rouge Royale that won the trophy for Best Decorative Rose in a rose show a couple of years ago.
Best Decorative

o

• Posted by beth NorCA 9 (My Page) on
    Sun, Feb 23, 14 at 19:59

Wow everybody's photos are beautiful! Suebelle, love your RADIO TIMES! And Seil, your pics are wonderful as always!

Snowheather, that REMARKABLE is beautiful. I see it's not available anywhere anymore. That's a bummer.

o

Beth, Another group of lovely roses. Rembrandt Van Ryn, Rose Sachet, Rebekah, Reverly and Roseanne really stood out to me.
Sara Ann, Great picture of Royal William
Suebelle, Radio Times is breathtaking.
Kate, Never get enough of that Red Intuition :)
Seil, All beautiful, but think Rural Rhythm and Reine des Violettes are my favorites...I finally broke down and ordered RdV and can't wait for it to bloom.
Snowheather, Love the color on your Route 66 (and the rose bed in background)

Royal Amethyst

photo zzzra0917a_zps2636a052.jpg

Rock & Roll

photo zzzrockroll1013c_zpsbb4a37cb.jpg

Rose de Rescht

photo zzzrdr0915a_zpsaa992a2c.jpg

Rouge Royale

photo zzzrr0925b_zps96e6e36d.jpg

Rio Samba

photo zzzrs0925e_zps9735f1cd.jpg

o

Snowheather - Lovely roses, your Remarkable floribunda is gorgeous, very nice pictures. Pat - Really love your brilliant colored roses. Really like your Royal Amethyst, it looks beautiful. I almost need sunglasses for your Rio Samba picture, it is very pretty though. You must have a very colorful yard during the bloom season, with all your roses and other flowers too! I love it.

o

Royal William. This rose is not highly scented here but the perfect shape is making it one of my favorite reds these days.

o

Kitty - Love your Royal William, it's been a very good rose for me.

o

What an opening! ROYAL AMETHYST looks grrreat! (Tony the tiger ?)

'Royal Ascot', 'Radio Times' and 'Rural Rhythm' --- come to mama you pink beauties. Yum!

The search has been ongoing for a red that could replace 'Mr. Lincoln' in my affections. 'Rouge Royale' pics lured me (again). Now 'Royal William' is looking good. But, I confess. I bought a cheap climbing 'Don Juan' last week. Yeh, another hole in the head.

o

Here is my all time favorite climber. When it's in bloom I can smell it from 6 feet away. Its colors as the blooms age are lovely and harmonize perfectly with darker buds. A large trunk so needs strong support.

Royal Sunset - Cl.. Morey'60, 8-15 ft.

photo RoyalSunsetbud5-11-08_zpscaf94210.jpg

o
RE: Royal Sunset

Clicked on the edit post and it sent me to a listing of all the forums. Does anyone know how to use this?

I forgot to add that the clematis 'Venus Violacea' is very good with 'Royal Sunset'. A heavenly rose combo is 'Chicago Peace' in front of her.

o

oh, iris_gal- that's just lovely! I hope my Royal Sunset fills in as nicely as yours does someday!

I just love these threads; I don't comment very often, but I have pages and pages of notes about roses that I just adore all from these lists!

Here's a baby Royal Sunset, in her first year, my only 'r' so far!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Rose Gallery Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here