Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sara_ann_gw

White or Nearly White Roses

sara_ann-z6bok
10 years ago

I only have one in this category, but I really do like them. There seems to be some lovely ones.

JFK

Comments (14)

• suebelle_neworleans
    10 years ago

I have a passion for white and cream roses, especially the fragrant ones like Bolero.

Another fragrant white that I love is Fair Bianca.

Windermere is not as fragrant as Bolero or Fair Bianca, but it is a bloom machine.

This post was edited by suebelle on Thu, Feb 20, 14 at 8:22

• pat_bamaz7
    10 years ago

Beautiful whites so far...love them all!

Bolero

Pope John Paul II

JFK

Ducher (china)

Kronprinzessin Viktoria (bourbon)

Sugar Moon

Moondance (a really crappy picture, but gives you an idea of what a big bloom machine this one is)

SecretâÂÂs Out

Gruss an AachenâÂÂs spring blooms (both my bushes bloom white in the spring and then varying shades of pink/peach, etc the rest of the year)

White Licorice (which is really more of a pastel yellow in my garden)

• seil zone 6b MI
    10 years ago

Just beautiful! Sara, I wish my JFK had looked so lovely!

Sue, Fair Bianca is so pretty!

Pat, love that Secret's Out!

Whites I have are

Blanche Neige

Cinderella

Constellation

Fortune Cookie

Garden Party

Irresistible

Ivory Tower

Pope John Paul II

• sara_ann-z6bok
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Suebelle and Pat, you both have some lovely whites. Love the Bolero and Fair Bianca, also PJPII, Sugar Moon and Secret's Out. They are all very nice!

Seil - I was responding to Suebelle and Pat at the same time you were posting, I hadn't seen yours yet, they are all beautiful!

This post was edited by Sara-Ann on Thu, Feb 20, 14 at 15:12

• pat_bamaz7
    10 years ago

Seil,That Ivory Tower looks luscious!

• Lynn-in-TX-Z8b- Austin Area/Hill Country
    10 years ago

Lovely white roses!

Pure Perfumeâ¦.first bloom

• snowheather
    10 years ago

I don't have many whites, as they are thrip magnets in my garden. I do have Bolero though and it is looking puny after our cold winter. I was thinking of shovel pruning it, but after seeing your photos and being reminded of how lovely it is, I think I will nurse it back to health!

Other than that one and the Pope, my only other one is a favorite, Loving Son.

• sara_ann-z6bok
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Desertgarden561 - Lovely rose. The thought of fragrant white roses is very appealing!

• sara_ann-z6bok
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Snowheather - Your Loving Son is gorgeous!

• bethnorcal9
    10 years ago

Ooooh, yummy creamy whites!! I'm lovin' SUGAR MOON (which I have on order) and LOVING SON! I don't believe mine bloomed last yr. Hmmm...

Here are a few of mine:

AVALANCHE
    {{gwi:345782}}

GINGER HILL
    {{gwi:244274}}

HOME & FAMILY
    {{gwi:345783}}

IRRESISTIBLE

ICE CREAM
    {{gwi:345784}}

KAREN BLIXEN
    {{gwi:1204173}}

NANA MOUSKOURI
    {{gwi:1204174}}

OPULENCE
    {{gwi:345787}}

RUBENS
    {{gwi:1204175}}

VICTORIAN LACE
    {{gwi:345789}}

WHITE MASTERPIECE
    {{gwi:345791}}

VIA MALA
    {{gwi:1204176}}

WHITE GENE BOERNER
    {{gwi:1204177}}

• dublinbay z6 (KS)
    10 years ago

Lots of lovely whites here--I especially like the ones that get a soft, sheer glaze of pink or yellow across the center--like suebelle's Bolero and Beth's Ginger Hill, Victorian Lace, and White Gene Boerner.

And I love full shapes like Suebelle's Bianca and Pat's Kronprinzessin Victoria--but I also love the poised shapely ones like Pat's Secret's Out--and Seil, I think your photo of the shapely Ivory Tower is one of the most beautiful photos you have ever shown us on this forum! And those delicate shades glowing softly on those blooms!

I don't seem to have any special pics of whites--must work on that next summer. Couple stalwarts I rely on, however.

Memoire (or Ice Cream)--nice white, fairly disease resistant, but nothing special, unfortunately.

Popcorn Gourmet--this is that tough survivor we were discussing on another thread. Cutie too.
    {{gwi:301419}}

Green Ice--This is a pic from several years ago--this mini sprawls a lot more now.
    {{gwi:325450}}

I think that is about it. I do have a couple roses that bleach out nearly white in the hot summer sun, but I don't consider them real whites.

Kate

This post was edited by dublinbay on Fri, Feb 21, 14 at 9:30

• sara_ann-z6bok
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Beth and Kate, very nice whites. Beth, love your Opulence, Victorian Lace, White Masterpiece and Via Mala. Kate, love your Memoire and Gourmet Popcorn. Seil, I must have hurried through your pictures, because Kate is right, your picture of Ivory Tower is really lovely.

• redwolfdoc_z5
    10 years ago

I have Bolero but it was new last year and is still small - no good pics I'm afraid. Here's Iceberg. It's a bS magnet in my garden so far.

I love the pics of Ivory Tower and Sugar Moon especially. And Snowheather, your Loving Son is stunning! Beth, love Opulence and Victorian Lace.

Karen

• sara_ann-z6bok
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Karen - Very pretty picture of Iceberg.

Sponsored
Dream Baths by Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars12 Reviews
Your Custom Bath Designers & Remodelers in Columbus I 10X Best Houzz