Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sara_ann_gw

Orange and Apricot Roses, Etc.

sara_ann-z6bok
10 years ago

This was the first year this climber had some decent blooms. It was planted between 2005 - 2007.

CLIMBING AMERICA

This post was edited by Sara-Ann on Sun, Feb 16, 14 at 10:46

Comments (36)

• sara_ann-z6bok
    Original Author
    10 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

I have this rose in a container right now. Got it in July from Roses Unlimited. I think I am really going to like it. Ordered a grafted one to go with it.

EASY DOES IT

• sara_ann-z6bok
    Original Author
    10 years ago

This rose has always done well for me. I like it, just wish it wasn't quite so thorny!

TROPICANA

• pat_bamaz7
    10 years ago

Sara Ann,
    LOVE your Tropicana! I think you'll be very happy with Easy Does It...never quits blooming in my garden and very disease resistant here.
    I have several in this color range. Hoping these are pictures of them that I haven’t posted yet or at least not too often.

Over the Moon (a favorite of mine)

Fragrant Cloud (exceptional bloomer here)

Livin’ Easy

Apricot Drift (cute little landscape rose)

Arethusa (china)

Bronze Star (new for me last year, but very happy with it so far. Huge blooms and smells wonderful.)

Chris Evert (I love this one!)

Colorific (very good rose here)

Chihuly

Easy Does It

Marmalade Skies (decent bloomer even though it’s in way too much shade)

Just Joey

Perle d’Or

{{gwi:225775}}

Touch of Class

VooDoo

We Salute You (not crazy about this one for some reason. Not a bad rose, just can't get excited about it)

• Lynn-in-TX-Z8b- Austin Area/Hill Country
    10 years ago

Here's my small contribution, Cl. America. I was going to add Joseph's Coat but the image I have shows a strawberry pink bloom.

Lynn

This post was edited by desertgarden561 on Sun, Feb 16, 14 at 13:20

• Lynn-in-TX-Z8b- Austin Area/Hill Country
    10 years ago

Sara_ann,

Gorgeous, healthy looking roses!!!

I love your Voodoo. I grew a lot of the varieties you have shown in a previous garden since so many of them are actually recommended varieties for my climate. Voodoo was always on my list, but I was never able to acquire it for one reason or another.

I have Colorific on order. It is interesting to see the varied blooms on one plant.

• sara_ann-z6bok
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks Pat - You have some gorgeous ones in this color class. Over the Moon is lovely. Love your Chris Everett, Apricot Drift, Chihuly, Marmalade Skies, Fragrant Cloud, Easy Does It, Livin' Easy, Colorific, all very nice. Lynn - Your Climbing America is lovely.

• pat_bamaz7
    10 years ago

Lynn,
    Colorific does very well in my hot, humid climate. Very prolific bloomer and long lasting even in the heat. I love all the color changes and the frilly bloom form, but beware that overall it is a very loud rose. I have it by Fragrant Cloud (that’s it back left in the above pic of Fragrant Cloud), and it holds its own colorwise. I’ve actually considered moving it because from a distance they look very similar in color once the blooms “tan” to solid.

Here are a couple more pics to give you a better idea of it:

Full bush shot (it gets pretty big here)

• canadian_rose
    10 years ago

Such lovely roses!! Perle d'Or really stood out to me - so romantic looking.

Here is my Charles Austin.

• canadian_rose
    10 years ago

Here is Valenica - I really love this rose.
    Carol

• canadian_rose
    10 years ago

Here is Grace.

• canadian_rose
    10 years ago

Here is Just Joey - only a year old - but probably will never grow very big.

• pat_bamaz7
    10 years ago

Carol,
    Those are beautiful! I've been wanting Valencia and Grace for a while now, but haven't found them locally yet. May have to break down and order them.

• sara_ann-z6bok
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Carol - Those are really nice. Love your Charles Austin and Grace. Thanks for sharing.

• seil zone 6b MI
    10 years ago

I love this one! I tend to be drawn to the brightness of the oranges so I have quite a few.

Sara, love the Easy Does It. I couldn't get mine to grow!

Pat, love that Chihuly!

Carol, you make me miss my Just Joey so much!

Best Friends

Cherish

A peachy Elle

English Sonnet

One of the colors of Eyeconic Pink Lemonade

Folklore
    {{gwi:346139}}

Fragrant Cloud

Granada

Hondo

Hot Cocoa

Hot Romance

Julie Link

Madeleine

Mardi Gras

Millie Walters

Pinocchio

Powerhouse

Sedona

Sisters at Heart

Tattooed Lady
    {{gwi:238460}}

Teddy Bear

Trump Card

Tuscan Sun

Winter Sunset

• sara_ann-z6bok
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Seil - Those are gorgeous, so colorful. My top 10 are Best Friends, Cherish, English Sonnet, Folklore, Madeleine, Powerhouse, Sedona, Sisters at Heart, Trump Card and Winter Sunset, but I love them all!

• pat_bamaz7
    10 years ago

WOW, Seil! those are all so pretty. Sisters at Heart, Teddy Bear, Millie Walters, Hot Romance, Hondo...I could go on and on...

• dublinbay z6 (KS)
    10 years ago

Oh WOW--knock me over with color! I'm not sure always how I feel about orange, but I love blends, and perhaps golden apricot is my favorite blend. Here's just a couple;

Lady of Shalott (Austin)--wonderful shrub

Buff Beauty (Hybrid Musk)--sometimes a BB bloom takes on strongly apricot tones.
    {{gwi:279300}}

Little Sunset (mini)--it gets more and more apricot as it ages.
    {{gwi:342330}}

Valencia (HT)--I have yet to take a photo that does her full justice. Wonderful rose.
    {{gwi:346137}}

Molineux (Austin)--This is my daughter's pic of Molineux in a very apricot mood, almost all the golden yellow shades missing. Molineux's color ranges and combinations are quite varied at times!

I wish you joy of color!

Kate

• sara_ann-z6bok
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Kate - Love your apricots! Lady of Shalot. Molineaux and Buff Beauty are nice and I love your Valencia too.

• snowheather
    10 years ago

I love roses that are these colors. I don't know why I don't have Easy Does It yet, but I think I will get it. Seil - the Hot Romance is hot, hot, hot! And, thanks to this forum, I already have Lady of Shalott on order.

Here's a few of mine:

Here's the HT "Hey Jack".

Here's the grandiflora "About Face". Every year I prune it severely and by the end of the year it is higher than my roof line!

Here is the HT "Halloween".

Here's the shrub "Imagine".

Here is the floribunda, "Dr. Jo"

Here is a great shrub rose that I got from Cliff when he went out of business, "Belvedere".

And, here;s fhe HT "Milva"

Here's the HT "Scented Memory".

Here's the floribunda "Vavoom" - a blackspot magnet!

• sara_ann-z6bok
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Snowheather - Really beautiful oranges and apricots. I don't think I could choose a favorite, love them all. Thanks.

• nanadollZ7 SWIdaho
    10 years ago

I didn't intend to write a book about this gorgeous color group, but I think that's what I ended up doing.
    Sara-Ann, I know you will love Easy Does It--at least I did during my EDI's first year (2013). It blooms nonstop as everyone has said. I love the tropical orange of your beautiful Tropicana.
    Pat, your Over the Moon looks like rich ice cream, while Arethusa is a neat, delicate sherbet color-yum. They are beautiful. I still hope my Easy Does It looks as wonderful, eventually, as yours does.
    Lynn, your climbing America has a lovely and unique color. Very different.
    Carol, mmm, Charles Austin is a hunk--of big, beautiful rose. I need to check him out on HMF. And Grace's rich, caramel colored centers are so luscious. I think I'm getting hungry.
    Seil, your photos are stunning--pardon the cliche, but I can't get over the pic of Elle with those crisp, scalloped petals, and colors that seem to glow with their own light source. You've got to frame this one. As you know, your photos of Eyeconic Pink Lemonade are the reason that rose is coming to my garden this spring.
    Kate, you've captured a more delicate look in Lady of Shalott. I love her sweet bud, too.
    Snowheather, you have a glorious group of oranges and apricots. I've never seen such a luscious photo of Halloween. There are lots of interesting color touches going on in those petals. I am so envious that you grow Belvedere. It's one of the Tantau roses on my lifetime "want list", unavailable now in the U.S., as far as I know. Your photo is a killer, as are the pale shades of Scented Memory in its photo. Thank you for showing us these beautiful rose photos.
    Diane

• nanadollZ7 SWIdaho
    10 years ago

It's so late that I hope I'm capable of posting some apricot photos before falling asleep on the computer keyboard.
    Here's a pic of Abbaye de Cluny. Diane

• nanadollZ7 SWIdaho
    10 years ago

And here's Augusta Luise in an orange mode. Diane

• nanadollZ7 SWIdaho
    10 years ago

And a pic of Caramel Antike which makes me hungry. Diane

• nanadollZ7 SWIdaho
    10 years ago

Here is Evelyn in one of her many moods. Diane

• nanadollZ7 SWIdaho
    10 years ago

And Jude the Obscure. Diane

• nanadollZ7 SWIdaho
    10 years ago

And here are a bunch of Judes. Diane

• nanadollZ7 SWIdaho
    10 years ago

Here is brand new in the ground, Easy Does It. Diane

• nanadollZ7 SWIdaho
    10 years ago

And, finally, here is Tamora. Diane

• sara_ann-z6bok
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Diane - You have some gorgeous roses in this color class. I am so excited seeing your Abbaye de Cluny, I ordered that one, hope it looks like yours. Love your Augusta Luise, such a lovely rose and of course Jude the Obscure is wonderful and Evelyn is lovely. They are all beautiful, So glad you shared.

• nanadollZ7 SWIdaho
    10 years ago

Thanks, Sarah-Ann. I think this was an outstanding color group from everyone. I was just boggled by the extreme variety and vibrant color. I hope Abbaye does well for you. I think this one takes a little time to reach its potential. I particularly like its natural trumpet vase-like growth habit. It requires very little pruning. Diane

• seil zone 6b MI
    10 years ago

Thanks everyone! I'm glad you enjoyed the roses and I'm certainly enjoying all of yours!

• inga007
    10 years ago

Diane, your duo photo of Jude the Obscure, is absolutely fantastic.

• bethnorcal9
    10 years ago

Sara-Ann, you shoulda done the oranges and apricots separately. There's waaaay too many in both color classes! Eveybody's photos are wonderful! Too many to comment on! I'll add a handful, since most are already in the alphabet posts.

BY APPOINTMENT
    {{gwi:1204838}}

APRICOT PASSION
    {{gwi:1204839}}

DAY BREAKER
    {{gwi:1196451}}

CHIPPENDALE
    {{gwi:1202980}}

CARIBBEAN
    {{gwi:1204840}}

FLORA DANICA
    {{gwi:1204841}}

GOOD MORNING
    {{gwi:1198908}}

HOLLYWOOD STAR
    {{gwi:1199422}}

LOUISE HAY
    {{gwi:1204842}}

SUMMER SONG
    {{gwi:229739}}

TEA TIME
    {{gwi:1204843}}

SOLITUDE
    {{gwi:1204844}}

VAVOOM
    {{gwi:1204845}}

VARIETY CLUB
    {{gwi:1204846}}

• sara_ann-z6bok
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Beth - That's probably a good idea, to show them separately. You have some lovely ones, love everyone of them..

• dublinbay z6 (KS)
    10 years ago

Snowheather--love your Hey Jack and Halloween--dramatic and vivid!

Nana--as usual, your Jude is marvelous.

Beth--love those vivid shades on Apricot Passion, but the more subdued shades and form of Hollywood Star are wonderful also.

Kate

Sponsored
Fine Designs & Interiors, Ltd.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars28 Reviews
Columbus Leading Interior Designer - Best of Houzz 2014-2022