Return to the Rose Gallery Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Lavender & Purple

Posted by beth NorCA 9 (My Page) on
Thu, Feb 17, 11 at 12:08

Here are a few of my lavender & purpley roses...

CHARLES DE GAULLE
Image Hosting by PictureTrail.com

EBB TIDE

ENGLISH PERFUME

LAVENDER LACE

LAVENDER MORN

LILA VIDRI

MAMY BLUE

MELODY PARFUMEE

MIDNIGHT BLUE

NICOLE CAROL MILLER

PACIFIC BLUE

PARADISE

RHAPSODY IN BLUE

SCANDIA

SILVER SHADOWS

SILVERADO

SPELLCASTER

VIOLET MIST mini

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Lavender & Purple

Ooooooh one of my favorite and hard to find colors without them taking on a mauve color. I love them all. I especially love how Spellcaster & Paradise have the two colors going on at the same time. Lovely, lovely!! Also the sweet little mini. I love them all. Will have to go see where to order some of them at for spring. Thanks for sharing, Judy

o

Your collection of lavender and purple roses is just mindbogglingly! Thank you sooo... much for posting these gorgeous rose pics, Beth! Without you the Rose Gallery would be only half of the fun!

My favorites are Charles de Gaulle (sooner or later I have to get myself this rose), Pacific Blue and I love Violet Mist, the mini. I started to grow minis only by last year and they seem to be quite fun.

Can you tell me a little bit about Violet Mist, please? How is the disease resistance, repeat, and the fragrance? Where did you get yours? Anything else that is important to know about this little darling rose? Thanks!

Christina

Here is a link that might be useful: Organic Garden Dreams

o

• Posted by beth NorCA 9 (My Page) on
    Thu, Feb 17, 11 at 22:07

Judy, have fun searching for the roses! I know you won't find SPELLCASTER anywhere. I was going to send cuttings to Cliff so he could get it back into circulation, but unfortunately he had to give up his rose business.

Christina, VIOLET MIST is actually a pretty large miniflora. It gets about 3ft tall and the blooms are almost 3". It doesn't get much disease as I recall. I got mine from Michael's Premier Roses in Sacramento, many yrs ago when he was still in business. I'm not sure who carries it anymore.

o

Thanks for sharing. I have a few of them. The Charles de Gaulle rose is always pretty and fragrant for me, but it does not repeat well. It is very slow. Is it that way for you?

Is there any chance that Gregg Lowery at Vintage would be interested in cuttings from Spellcaster? I know he must have a full platter now, but I wonder if you have asked? Just a thought.

o

• Posted by maryl Z7 Okla. (My Page) on
    Sat, Feb 19, 11 at 0:57

Spellcaster has done a job on me too. I don't know how good the rose is itself, but your picture of her bloom is sure striking.

o

Lavendar Morn is sooo pretty. I love the open bloom on it.
Renee

o

I just adore your winter postings. Keep up the good, cheering for the soul, work.

o

Thanks Beth for the additional info about Violet Mist. Just found the time to look it up on HMF and there are very beautiful pictures of this rose, too. But it seems to be hard to come by. It is so sad that so many good and lovely roses are disappearing and are hardly available anymore. I guess the only cure for that is that we all have to buy more roses. I am on it :-)!

Christina

Here is a link that might be useful: Organic Garden Dreams

o

Beth -- I'm very curious about 'Lila Vidri'. What's the growth habit of the bush like? Is it a fairly productive plant? How would you describe its fragrance? Is your plant own-root or grafted?

I'm throwing all these questions at you because, after years of searching for the rose, we got a rooted cutting last year that MAY be LV. If it survives to maturity, having the benefit of your observations might be helpful. Thanks.

o

Very rich collection!

o

• Posted by beth NorCA 9 (My Page) on
    Tue, Apr 5, 11 at 11:28

Wow, how did I miss your posting Windeaux? Sorry about that. I've had LILA VIDRI for several yrs. She's grafted. Average size is 3ftx3ft. Blooms are decent sized, like 3+" and beautifully formed, hold color well and as I recall smell pretty good. My plant almost died a couple yrs ago for some reason, but it's come back pretty well.

Thanks, Bgrose.

o

• Posted by seil z6 MI (My Page) on
    Tue, Apr 5, 11 at 13:51

Mmmm, yum, Spellcaster!

o

These are gorgeous. I like what bgrose said about it being a "rich collection". I realy want to choose a lavender rose one of these days, I just have to make sure I choose a good candidate.
Great photos!

o

Beth, I appreciate the info. Thanks!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Rose Gallery Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here