Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
bethnorcal9

Roses "X,Y,Z"

bethnorcal9
11 years ago

Well, we're at the end of the alphabet. Unfortunately, I'm still in the middle of trying to re-tweak all of last yrs pics. I will be at it probably until this season's blooms start popping up. Aw heck, I already have blooms. They just don't look so good right now. But soon they will be looking good and we will all be posting our new season's pics to share the newly bought roses, and the old faves. I'm so glad the days are getting longer and the weather is getting nicer, at least here anyway. Spring is almost here!!! Yaaaay!!

And here are the rest of the alphabet bloomers....

X-RATED mini
{{gwi:1205662}}

YELLOW BLAZE CL
{{gwi:1205663}}

YOUNG QUINN
{{gwi:1205664}}

ZEBRA
{{gwi:1205665}}

ZORINA
{{gwi:1205666}}

Comments (13)

• dublinbay z6 (KS)
    11 years ago

Beth, I'm glad you have a few there. I'm all out of choices!

Didn't know there was a Yellow Blaze--it's good looking. But I'm really taken by Zebra--love those stripeys!

Wonder how our last 3 letters are going to do?

Kate

• onederw
    11 years ago

The tail end of the alphabet is probably slim pickins, I fear. . . but someone surely has Yves Piaget, and Zeffy, wouldn't you think?

Kay

• the_dark_lady
    11 years ago

Beth, I love your Yellow Blaze! So pretty.
    Marina

• the_dark_lady
    11 years ago

Here is my short list of XYZ's:

Yellow Romantica (aka Lunar Mist)
    {{gwi:1205668}}

Overexposed photo of Yellow Button
    {{gwi:1205669}}

Yolande d'Aragon
    {{gwi:1205670}}

Young Lycidas
    {{gwi:1205671}}

{{gwi:1205672}}

Yours in Continued Friendship
    {{gwi:1205673}}

Zaide
    {{gwi:1205674}}

{{gwi:1205675}}

{{gwi:1205676}}

• nanadollZ7 SWIdaho
    11 years ago

That Yellow Blaze is a looker, Beth. It's a new one to me. Zebra is pretty cute, too.
    Kay, I agree that there are some Yves Piaget owners on the Forum, and probably even more Zeffy people. Someone go over to the antiques forum and nag Ingrid, I know she grows Yves.
    I hate to end this gigantic 26 letter undertaking, it's been so much fun. Anyone want to go back and count up how many photos were posted? I'll bet it's in the hundreds. Diane

• nanadollZ7 SWIdaho
    11 years ago

Marina, you sneaky, girl. Your photos were posted just as I sent my post in--I'm glad to see some more photos. Beautiful photos of Young Lycidas, too. I can't wait to photograph my own YL this spring. Yours in Continued Friendship looks almost like a twin to Abbay de Cluny. Loved seeing Zaide, a rose I've been wanting to get. Thanks for coming through on these last letters. Diane

• TNY78
    11 years ago

Since we're at the end of the alphabet, does that mean spring is here?!?!?!? Nah....but I wish!

Beth, I'm with the rest of the group, Yellow Blaze is wonderful! Also like Young Quinn and X-Rated!

Marina, Yellow Romantica is beautiful, as is Zaide (I have Zade coming from Edmunds in a few weeks..yeah!)

Tammy

Here's my little list (I have Yabba Dabba Doo, but I can't find my pics of it!)

Yellow Typhoon
    {{gwi:1205677}}

Zitroninfelter
    {{gwi:1205678}}

• dublinbay z6 (KS)
    11 years ago

Tammy, I love those red tips on Yellow Typhoon.

Marina, like the others, I'm especially impressed with your Lycidas, Yours in Continued Friendship, and Zaide--lovely shapes and colors.

Kate

• bethnorcal9
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Marina, I love your YOUNG LYCIDAS. And Tammy YELLOW TYPHOON is lovely.

YELLOW BLAZE is actually a climbing sport of SUN FLARE, and SUN FLARE CL is it's official exhibition name. For whatever reason, Certified Roses (formerly Co-operative Rose Growers) calls it YELLOW BLAZE. It's a great climber. growing to around 13ft for me. Like most sport climbers, it really only blooms one good spring flush and maybe a handful of blooms in late summer. It's very healthy and a strong grower.

• iris_gal
    11 years ago

Yves Piaget - a voluptuous rose - hard color to capture. My other pics too bright of a pink.

Yves Piaget - fairly accurate color

group shot that is way too light and too blue

• dublinbay z6 (KS)
    11 years ago

yves is lovely, iris! I love its frilly look.

Kate

• seil zone 6b MI
    11 years ago

I'm always looking for ones in these letters because there are so few. Got some new names to check out here!

X-Rated

Yantai

Zenaitta
    {{gwi:283026}}

• inga007
    11 years ago

I suppose, everything has to come to an end.

I just wish to thank, all the gardeners, for these wonderful photographs.

I now have a wonderful slide show of lovely roses in their glory