Return to the Rose Gallery Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Roses "X,Y,Z"

Posted by beth NorCA 9 (My Page) on
Tue, Feb 12, 13 at 12:09

Well, we're at the end of the alphabet. Unfortunately, I'm still in the middle of trying to re-tweak all of last yrs pics. I will be at it probably until this season's blooms start popping up. Aw heck, I already have blooms. They just don't look so good right now. But soon they will be looking good and we will all be posting our new season's pics to share the newly bought roses, and the old faves. I'm so glad the days are getting longer and the weather is getting nicer, at least here anyway. Spring is almost here!!! Yaaaay!!

And here are the rest of the alphabet bloomers....

X-RATED mini
Image Hosting by PictureTrail.com

YELLOW BLAZE CL

YOUNG QUINN

ZEBRA

ZORINA

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Roses "X,Y,Z"

Beth, I'm glad you have a few there. I'm all out of choices!

Didn't know there was a Yellow Blaze--it's good looking. But I'm really taken by Zebra--love those stripeys!

Wonder how our last 3 letters are going to do?

Kate

o

The tail end of the alphabet is probably slim pickins, I fear. . . but someone surely has Yves Piaget, and Zeffy, wouldn't you think?

Kay

o

Beth, I love your Yellow Blaze! So pretty.
Marina

o

Here is my short list of XYZ's:

Yellow Romantica (aka Lunar Mist)
Yellow Romantica photo 076.jpg

Overexposed photo of Yellow Button
Yellow Button photo 007-10.jpg

Yolande d'Aragon
Yolande d'Aragon photo 036-8.jpg

Young Lycidas
Young Lycidas photo DSC_4138.jpg

Young Lycidas photo DSC_0070.jpg

Yours in Continued Friendship
Yours in Continued Friendship photo DSC_7445.jpg

Zaide
Zaide photo DSC_4003.jpg

Zaide photo DSC_7310.jpg

Zaide photo DSC_7313.jpg

o

That Yellow Blaze is a looker, Beth. It's a new one to me. Zebra is pretty cute, too.
Kay, I agree that there are some Yves Piaget owners on the Forum, and probably even more Zeffy people. Someone go over to the antiques forum and nag Ingrid, I know she grows Yves.
I hate to end this gigantic 26 letter undertaking, it's been so much fun. Anyone want to go back and count up how many photos were posted? I'll bet it's in the hundreds. Diane

o

Marina, you sneaky, girl. Your photos were posted just as I sent my post in--I'm glad to see some more photos. Beautiful photos of Young Lycidas, too. I can't wait to photograph my own YL this spring. Yours in Continued Friendship looks almost like a twin to Abbay de Cluny. Loved seeing Zaide, a rose I've been wanting to get. Thanks for coming through on these last letters. Diane

o

• Posted by TNY78 7a-East TN (My Page) on
    Tue, Feb 12, 13 at 21:21

Since we're at the end of the alphabet, does that mean spring is here?!?!?!? Nah....but I wish!

Beth, I'm with the rest of the group, Yellow Blaze is wonderful! Also like Young Quinn and X-Rated!

Marina, Yellow Romantica is beautiful, as is Zaide (I have Zade coming from Edmunds in a few weeks..yeah!)

Tammy

Here's my little list (I have Yabba Dabba Doo, but I can't find my pics of it!)

Yellow Typhoon
Photobucket

Zitroninfelter
Photobucket

o

Tammy, I love those red tips on Yellow Typhoon.

Marina, like the others, I'm especially impressed with your Lycidas, Yours in Continued Friendship, and Zaide--lovely shapes and colors.

Kate

o

• Posted by beth NorCA 9 (My Page) on
    Wed, Feb 13, 13 at 13:03

Marina, I love your YOUNG LYCIDAS. And Tammy YELLOW TYPHOON is lovely.

YELLOW BLAZE is actually a climbing sport of SUN FLARE, and SUN FLARE CL is it's official exhibition name. For whatever reason, Certified Roses (formerly Co-operative Rose Growers) calls it YELLOW BLAZE. It's a great climber. growing to around 13ft for me. Like most sport climbers, it really only blooms one good spring flush and maybe a handful of blooms in late summer. It's very healthy and a strong grower.

o

Yves Piaget - a voluptuous rose - hard color to capture. My other pics too bright of a pink.

Yves Piaget - fairly accurate color

photo YvesPiagetsep11006_zpse8d6e48a.jpg

group shot that is way too light and too blue
 photo YvesPiagetaug17004_zpsd1527e2b.jpg

o

yves is lovely, iris! I love its frilly look.

Kate

o

• Posted by seil z6b MI (My Page) on
    Wed, Feb 13, 13 at 20:45

I'm always looking for ones in these letters because there are so few. Got some new names to check out here!

X-Rated
X-Rated photo xr2012_06240014_zps4a6b8419.jpg

Yantai
Yantai photo yan2012_06060002.jpg

Zenaitta
Zenaitta photo zen2012_07080005_zps6eda69f4.jpg

o

I suppose, everything has to come to an end.

I just wish to thank, all the gardeners, for these wonderful photographs.

I now have a wonderful slide show of lovely roses in their glory

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Rose Gallery Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here