Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
bethnorcal9

Ok, let's do 'blends'... bicolors, picotees, etc

bethnorcal9
12 years ago

Been kinda boring on here lately. Did we run out of ideas?? Winter finally decided to show up here in Northern CA and nothing's blooming anymore... Waah! We need a new pick-me-up! Post your bicolors, picotees, blends, reverses, whatever!! I may have to make it a two-threader. Got too many to put in one post!

ATTRAKTA

{{gwi:1206178}}

ATLANTIC CITY

{{gwi:1206179}}

BETTER HOMES & GARDENS DIAMOND JUBILEE

{{gwi:1206180}}

BOLSHOI

{{gwi:1206181}}

BROADWAY

{{gwi:1206182}}

CABARET

{{gwi:1206183}}

CALIFORNIA DREAMIN'

{{gwi:1206184}}

CHILD'S PLAY mini

{{gwi:1206185}}

CLASSIC BEAUTY

{{gwi:1206186}}

DAILY SKETCH

{{gwi:1206187}}

DELANY SISTERS

{{gwi:1206188}}

DONNA DARLIN'

{{gwi:1206189}}

GEMINI

{{gwi:1206191}}

GOLDSTRIKE

{{gwi:1206193}}

Comments (20)

• inga007

Lovely, lovely. What a delight to be able to look at all your lovely blooms. Certainly much more colourfull than the "white stuff" I'm viewing thtough my windows.

• inga007

Lovely, lovely. What a delight to be able to look at all your lovely blooms. Certainly much more colourfull than the "white stuff" I'm viewing thtough my windows.

• inga007

• kathy9norcal
    12 years ago

Thanks, Beth. I was hoping we would do bicolors--my favorite.
    Every bloom usually differs and I like that. I will try to do ones I haven't posted so far.

Regensberg

Cherry Parfait

Abracadabra

Heart of Gold

Distant Drums

{{gwi:244270}}
    Gemini

Imposter

Lynn Anderson

Miss Behavin

• canadian_rose
    12 years ago

Oh how lovely!!

Daily Sketch took my breath away!!! I also loved Gemini. Of course, they're all just lovely - and thank you so much for the beauty!!
    Carol

• seil zone 6b MI
    12 years ago

Bolshoi is yummy, Beth! I like Child's Play too.

Kathy, those pictures of Distant Drums and Gemini are to die for!

I posted most of my bi-colors in the other colors but eh, what the heck, you can never have too many rose photos! I'll try not to use the same photos.

Albuquerque Enchantment

Kathy your Regensberg looks like my Brilliant Pink Iceberg!
    {{gwi:271572}}

Candy Land

Dick Clark

Double Delight

Dream Come True

Focal Point

A twofer! Granada and Garden Party!
    {{gwi:225510}}

Hot Romance

Iobelle
    {{gwi:345478}}

Isolde Hit

Magic Show

OK, enough for now.

• TNY78
    12 years ago

mmmm...so beautiful! I couldn't come up with the next topic either! Great idea Beth!

Here's what I've got :) I tried to pick one's if haven't used in the threads for different colors already...

Tammy

Summer Night MF
    {{gwi:1206219}}

CL Rainbow's End
    {{gwi:1206220}}

Rainbow Sorbet
    {{gwi:1206221}}

Paw Maw (love this one!)
    {{gwi:1206222}}

Memphis Cajun
    {{gwi:1206223}}

Hula Hoop
    {{gwi:1206224}}

Good n Plenty
    {{gwi:1206225}}

Golden Princess
    {{gwi:1206226}}

CL Candycane
    {{gwi:1206227}}

All -American Magic
    {{gwi:1206228}}

• dublinbay z6 (KS)
    12 years ago

I've run out of pictures, but I'm glad to see you dedicated rosarian-photographers are still going strong. I'm certainly enjoying these "extras"--beauties all of them!

Rainbow Sorbet is one I seriously thought about ordering a couple years ago, Tammy. Your pic makes me kinda sorry now I didn't.

Seil, Granada and Garden Party make a charming couple. Do you have them together in the garden also? And that pic of Double Delight is near perfection. Can't imagine a garden without at least one DD, but if any rose replaces it, it might just possibly be Dick Clark--in pictures, at least.

Kathy, everytime I see a pic of Gemini, I think I ought to go right out and order one myself. But where would I put it? And that Isolde Hit is a stunner--but what in the world does the name of it mean?

Beth, California Dreaming and Child's Play must look dramatic in the garden. I do like roses edged in reddish shades.

If you have enough pics, by all means go for two threads. I think blends actually are my favorite roses.

Kate

• kathy9norcal
    12 years ago

Kate, Gemini is a must have rose in my opinion. Mine is a standard, which is a mistake as it is a very vigorous grower (and bloomer) and after spring, I need a ladder to take the photos (and I am tall!) Maybe in a pot til you have a space?

Tammy, it looks like Candy Cane is still in a pot. I hope you enjoy it as much as I enjoy mine, which is growing on a brass trellis. It is a great climbing mini.

Seil, I would kill for Isolde Hit and Dream Come True. My kind of roses . . . .

• TNY78
    12 years ago

Kate, don't kick your self too much about passing over Rainbow Sorbet. The blooms are pretty...when they come. The rest of the time its a blackspot magnet :)

Kathy, I do still have Candycane in an 18" pot, but I'll probably transplant it into the ground shorty. I bought it as a small quart last year, and since then its really taken off! A wonderful mini! I bet yours is beautiful on a trellis!

• seil zone 6b MI
    12 years ago

Kate, Granada and Garden Party are in pots. They just happened to be side by side when they bloomed. The pots get moved around a lot but I do try to put complimentary ones next to each other. Dick Clark was really lovely last season but I don't know how it's going to winter so the jury is still out on it. DD is of course hardy as can be and always a beauty. It has way more fragrance than DC too!

• zeffyrose
    12 years ago

These roses are all so gorgeous---Summer night is a beauty---One of my first roses way back in the 50's was Pres Herbert Hoover so these blends have always been favorites of mine---My friend has Gemini and it is a healthy gorgeous rose----

Florence

• seil zone 6b MI
    12 years ago

Tammy, love Summer Night and Memphis Cajun!

Mardi Gras

Mrs. Robinson

Trump Card
    {{gwi:271426}}

Tuscan Sun

Winter Sunset

X-Rated

Yantai

• bethnorcal9
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Beautiful roses everybody!! Tammy I love your MEMPHIS CAJUN! I got one last yr, but it didn't bloom. Looks like the blooms are waaay bigger than a miniflora. Hope mine is that nice when it blooms!

Here's the rest of mine that I was going to post in another thread...

HEART-O-GOLD
    {{gwi:1206236}}

HELEN NAUDE
    {{gwi:1206237}}

HONDO
    {{gwi:1206238}}

IMPERATRICE FARAH
    {{gwi:1206239}}

JUBILE DU PRINCE DE MONACO aka CHERRY PARFAIT
    {{gwi:1197324}}

LOVE & PEACE
    {{gwi:1206240}}

LYNN ANDERSON
    {{gwi:1199287}}

MAVRIK
    {{gwi:1206241}}

MILESTONE
    {{gwi:1206243}}

PARTY TIME
    {{gwi:1206245}}

PERFECT MOMENT
    {{gwi:1206247}}

ROSETTE DELIZY
    {{gwi:1206250}}

SUMMER FASHION
    {{gwi:1206253}}

TEQUILA SUNRISE
    {{gwi:1206256}}

• TNY78
    12 years ago

Seal, I love Isolde Hit, Trump Card, and Mardi Gras. I must be in an orange mood...lol I've looked at Mardi Gras so many times, but hmf says it's prone to BS...how is yours?

Beth, Memphis Cajan does have larger blooms than an MF in my opinion; more like a smallish HT to me. Hopefully it blooms for you this year, the pictures don't do it justice!

Tammy

• dublinbay z6 (KS)
    12 years ago

I do like Heart of gold--one of those I often consider buying but then something interferes, leaving me wondering later why I missed the opportunity.

Have never seen Rosette Delizy in real life, but I always admire pictures of her. How is she in the garden?

Kate

• lesmc
    12 years ago

Kate...I just ordered and planted Heart of Gold. I, too, have thought of having this rose , but put it off due to zone hardiness. I am in Louisville,Ky. zone 6a. I really love the look of this rose, so I caved in and ordered it. I do not protect my roses, but I will this one. I am excited to see how it does. I have sure enjoyed it`s pictures in this post.

• bethnorcal9
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Oooh Tammy, I can't wait to see MEMPHIS CAJUN bloom now!!

Kate, ROSETTE DELIZY is a very interesting rose. That bed that it's in is in light shade most of the day. It's a bed along the west side of our house and I think it maybe gets a couple hours total of late afternoon to evening sunlight. I have all my teas and any OGR-type roses in that bed, plus a few newer shrubs. They all do really well. RD grows out like an octopus with long thin canes and stems, sparse of leaves and thorns, and averaging about 4-5ft wide and 6ft high. The blooms are cute little things. That picture makes them look large, but they are in fact not much bigger than about 2-2.5". The repeat is excellent and with minimal feeding there's usually quite a lot of them in a flush. I never seem to remember to fertilize that bed for some reason! I also have MAMON COCHET and MONSIEUR TILLIER in that bed. They do really well too, but MC gets even bigger and MT has bigger blooms.

• lovemysheltie
    12 years ago

OMG that Hula Hoop is gorgeous!

Here are my 3 blends-

Peace

Wind Chimes

Here's my favorite rose - Chicago Peace. No prizes for guessing why I love it so ;)

{{gwi:247521}}

• dublinbay z6 (KS)
    12 years ago

Peace and Chicago Peace--yes, yes, yes, no collection would be complete without them.

Kate