Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
bethnorcal9

Garden shots

bethnorcal9
16 years ago

Ok, Pauline here we go.... These are some garden shots from the last few yrs. It's all a work in progress and it's changing all the time!

The side yard a few yrs ago.... before much of it was planted

{{gwi:1206300}}

Front-side area below one of the pines

{{gwi:1206301}}

Back-side area strip bed (the potted roses got planted just this past fall, widening the bed about 4ft)

{{gwi:1206302}}
{{gwi:1206303}}

Side area below the house with a raised walkway

{{gwi:1206304}}

Front-side yard below that walkway

{{gwi:1206305}}

Lower front corner bed outside the fence. Cannas are Rosamond Cole and Tropicanna

{{gwi:1206306}}

Side view from the street. Not sure what that Oriental lily is

{{gwi:1206308}}

Backyard squirrelies with the newly planted DA bed in the back to the right, and iris and perennial bed in far background

{{gwi:1206310}}

Last yr's new arrival pot ghetto below the upper side raised bed

{{gwi:1206312}}

Front corner bed next to the driveway. Hanging planter has CACHET mini and petunias and lobelias; pink rose to left is THE MCCARTNEY ROSE, and SOMBREUIL is the white one all around the hanging pot

{{gwi:1206314}}

So, let's see everybody else's gardens!!

Comments (67)

• jean_ar
    16 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

Beth: I do spray with the same thing you use on yours,and it works for maybe 3 days. I soak the blooms and buds, too,but them lousy deer will come and just eat the buds and the blooms and don't eat the leaves unless it has just rained a little,then the leaves get ate too.No,I have not tried the sprinklers.I woul dhave to run hoses across the yard to do that,and be a problem with the young man that cuts my grass for me. I live in town and can not have a dog unless its on a leash,or inside a fenced in yard,and my back yard is not fenced,and I already know these deer are smart.They learn where the dogs can't get to them.The neighbor has 2 dogs and they are tied up in the back yard,and he planted a garden,and never got anything as the deer ate it up. I did buy some "Deer Scram" last spring and dumped a box of Blood meal in it to make it go farther and it worked real good,but its not cheap.And it has to be put out every 2 to 3 months..Some of my roses thats in pots I didn't use it on them.I sprayed them.

Jean

• jean_ar
    16 years ago

Heres a photo of my Lavendar Lassie last spring,before the deer got to it.I love this rose.It gets huge. ai have cut it back several time.

{{gwi:1206327}}

Jean

• moodyblue
    16 years ago

Aprille, I am sure you posted pictures of your garden before - didn't you move into a new house. Would love to see how it is coming along. Any chance of another showing?? :)

Bustopher, yes, I use for annuals, fibrous begonias and deep blue petunias a lot for mass planting. I love the fantasy petunias. I also use a lot of allysum, but am not goint to do any more lobelia. It needs too much water. The companion flowers you mention around the roses are all perenials includeing Aubretia and Arabis (white Rock Cress) in Spring, Dianthus (pinks) and Companula Glomerata (blue and white) for early summer and other different campanulas for mid to late season (carpatica blue and white clips) Also edging a path up to the rose arbour I just have the ice pink thrift. The thrift and the carpaticas come back quickly after shearing.

Prettypetals, I use, what looks like a weed-eater, but the motor part will turn for edging and the string will whip around perpendicular instead of horizontal. It is quite old now. I can't remember the make without looking, but it beats the hand edgers. The hand edgers do a much better job, but when you have a lot of edges to do, a power one makes a lot more sense. I am sure there are newer ones which probably work even better.

Jean, you are such a doll - always so very complimentary and so sweet. I am so sorry to hear about those darned deer. I have been there and greatly sympathize with you. Have you ever used the beaten egg method. I was more successful with that than anything. You can send me your deer now. We have a deer haven in the front and they can eat whatever they want. But of course it has deteriorated drastically.
    Everyone else, thank you so much for your nice comments. Now if we can only get some others to put up some pictures then I can carry on with a few more of the back, then some of the front.
    Where are you all Celeste - would love to see yours again!:)

• diggerdave
    16 years ago

It was so much fun watching the pics load :) Everything is white looking out the window right now. Thanks for posting them!

• carla17
    16 years ago

Beth, do you get much shade with those pines? My garden will ALWAYS be a work in progress! I would also like to know which rose is in the 2nd pic in the middle pot, what a large trunk on that thing.
    I enjoy everyone's pics. Here is my newest bed.
    Before pic
    {{gwi:1206328}}
    another view

new area with Sweet Chariot in the lower portion. The whole area is quite full now.

Carla

• aprille
    16 years ago

My garden is very very small but my "rose wanting" is way out of control, so I have a huge pot ghetto! I wanted to take out all the grass in the back yard and make a small pathway and then fill in the rest with roses, but then we decided to get a dog and it did not seem fair to not have space for her to run. We have some space in the front yard, I've still not taken any pictures there - I've wanted to take out all the lawn and put in arbors and a white picket fence along which I'd plant bright/dark coloured roses, but our home owners association said no to that! I was very bummed - they don't let you put up a fence no matter how short unless you have a corner lot. that sucks! the neighbors were shocked too - cos they liked my idea :o)

Anyway, here's some shots of my garden from last spring/summer - the entire bed is lined with black pots with all the extra roses I have no room for in the ground.

This is Double Delight (I took out Double Delight this year, it was just too mildewed), Bronze Star & Abe Darby way at the back ...

This bed is closest to the house, The Prince, Lilian Austin, Tamora & Charlotte (on the right of The Prince)

Some of my pots ... I think Janet, Heather Austin (the one with a lot of blooms)

Snowfire, Queen Mary2, Christopher Marlow (far right in pot), and more of my pots - the grape vines at the back got out of control and killed all my sunshine so it got pulled out with much happiness on my part this year - the girls were very disappointed, but I told them if we ever move that we'll get some grape vines for them :o)

Of course these are all works in progress, lots of roses got taken out this year to make more room - specially for the climbers I got, we are planning on putting in trellises along the fence lines and planting the climbers there.

Aprille

• bethnorcal9
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Wow Jean, that LAVENDER LASSIE is awesome!! No wonder the deer like it!! I hope you can get them under control this season. I can't believe the repellent spray doesn't last longer than a few days. That's a bummer. I spray every 7-10 days at first and after a few months I can cut back to every two weeks.

Oh Carla, looks like you have lots room to add roses!! You'll have to post pics of your progress. As for my pine trees, they do provide some shade, but they are so tall and the branches start so far up that the things below don't get shaded that much. They shade things farther away, but the sun goes in and out and around everything all day long, so not much gets deep shade for very long. Oh, and sorry, but I have no idea what that rose was in that pot. That was taken a couple yrs ago.

Aprille, your garden is coming along nicely! Boy, that SNOWFIRE really stands out in that last picture! Be sure and take pics of the climbers and trellises when you get them done!!

• juicy_tomato
    16 years ago

WoW! Nice to see shots of all of your gardens... Each one shows how unique each person is on this forum! So many different gardening environments, personal ideas, tastes, etc. Quite refreshing.

• seil zone 6b MI
    16 years ago

This is a shot of my teired rose bed out front that we put in about 4 years ago.

{{gwi:1206337}}

In back on the patio is my pot garden. The roses form two walls with the largest ones as a privacy screen from the street.

{{gwi:1206338}}

{{gwi:1206339}}

I'd like to put in a new bed on the corner out closer to the street too but it hasn't happened....yet.

All together I have 75 roses and 10 of my own seedlings.

• jean_ar
    16 years ago

Carla. I just love them m ini's.They are gorgeous.I tried growing that one too and had no luck with it.I should have put it in a pot instead of planting it.

Aprille, your gardens are gorgeous.Just beautiful.

Juicy tomatoe, Your roses are beautiful, too.Love them rose beds,how you have them made.. Great.

Beth, Thanks for the nice comment on Lavendar Lassie.That bush gets huge and when I can keep the deer from it,its beautiful, but seems like by June or July it don't have a leave or a bud on it,just bare canes as them deer watch it and when some thing pops out on it, be a bud or a leave,they got it..Hopefully,I can keep it sprayed better this year.I have problems when the temp gets to 90 outside and the high humidity makes it hard to breathe out there,so I get slack in thr spraying.

Jean

• moodyblue
    16 years ago

So great you guys are joining in. Jean, I missed that shot of your beautiful home and garden the last time I was here. Though I have looked at some fabulous pictures of Lavendar Lassie, I have never seen the rose. Of course, I have to ask if it is fragrant, It looks like a huge beautiful shrub rose? I am so glad you posted your picture.

Carla, thankyou, thankyou too! I am with Beth, why are you stopping being enabled, looks like you have lots of room! teehee. Mind you, we all do our spacing differently and who knows what is the right space. Most of the roses we grow, unless we are absolutely fanaticle and know the exact size they are going to turn out in our climates, then it really is a long shot. I am of the mind now, that I am going back to the old English way of planting roses quite close together, two to three feet would be fine, mine are more like 3 to four feet. I think in future I will keep them no more than three feet apart, because I absolutely love the mass blooming affect. I believe, and I have a little envy there that people who can grow Austins as is recommend one group of one kind close together so that it forms one spectacular bush, seems the ultimate idea, but boy, you would have to have a lot of space to be able to do this and have a good variety. So I personally am going back on just sticking them all closer together, and I will see how it works! We all know how quick a reasonably healthy rose season can bring amazing results. I know you had a horrible year last year and I do hope that problem has left you for a while. Good and bad years. It is funny, last season compared with the season before, was SO different for us. Last year quite wet, it showed with the grass and the amount of watering we needed to do, so that was a good thing. On the otherhand, the year before, though the grass was so bleached, I think the roses loved the more hours of sun!
    Ya just can't win. Anyway Carla, I can see that the garden slopes down quite a bit towards your home. What an asset is that??? Wow!!
    Thanks, Pauline

• lesdvs9
    16 years ago

Your rose gardens and rose beds and flowers are all really beautiful guys! I agree that each layout reflects different visions and individuality that make each on their own awesome looking. It's really neat to be able to see them all, thanks for sharing a piece of yourselves.

What a great thread this is Beth and your idea Pauline.

I am so not showing mine for maybe several more years!! I was pretty proud of what I accomplished in the last couple of years but I'm nowhere near the quality of your gardens yet:)

• snowheather
    16 years ago

I'm a little shy joining in, since your gardens are so gorgeous. Remember, mine is only three years old, and there was nothing here when I started - except grass! The first picture is of the new bed I put in last Spring for Scented Roses. I didn't get a fall picture - I was just too busy all summer. Plus, I need a second story to get a panoramic shot, and this is a ranch style house!

This is a bed I put in the year before last, but it is not even a third of it. Can't get the whole thing in a picture.

Here is a bed along side my fence. I have wrought iron insets in the fence now and big climbers on them.

Here is one of my front beds - the first one I put in. The centerpiece is a Summer Chocolate Mimosa.

And here is a bed that goes all along the West side of the house. It is full of floribundas and minis. Oh, yeah, and poppies in Spring. And all the beds are lined with my wonderful daylilies

Well, that's about it, but I will try to take more time to get good pictures this year! I just need to get up on my roof! (joke)

• Prettypetals_GA_7-8
    16 years ago

Everyones beds are just gorgeous. Can't wait to see them this summer. Snowheather you be carefull up on that roof!!! Ha Ha!!!

• rebber
    16 years ago

Beth your garden is beautiful where did you get the Rosamond Cole cannas?

• bethnorcal9
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Mark, that's a nice bed. Ya got more??

Come on Leslie!! We want to see your garden too!!

OMG Snowheather! Don't be shy! Your yard and gardens are wonderful! I love that mimosa! And those poppies! Wow!

I'm lovin' all the yard pics you guys!!

Oh, Rebber, I got my Rosamond Cole canna from the Ace Hardware where I work. I order bulbs from several places, and I'm guessing it was probably Langeveld. I just checked and I was right. I think Breck's bulbs might be their consumer supplier, because they list it online.

• moodyblue
    16 years ago

Just a quickie here as I cannot write much right now. But great gardens guys, thanks so much for joining in. I will comment more hopefully tomorrow - gotta hit the sack for now. God Bless
    P

• Jean Marion (z6a Idaho)
    16 years ago

Reine des violettes
    {{gwi:1206346}}

Westerland, Lilian Austin
    {{gwi:1206347}}

Olympiad, Gingersnap, Purple Heart, Pure Poetry
    {{gwi:1206348}}

New pathway going in
    {{gwi:1206349}}

William Shakespeare 2000, American Beauty climber, Eureka
    {{gwi:1206350}}

A month later - Veilchenblau, Williams Shakespeare 2000, Eureka, Salvia
    {{gwi:1206351}}

Purple Heart, Iris, delphinium
    {{gwi:1206352}}

Don Juan
    {{gwi:1206353}}

• sue9norcal
    16 years ago

decobug, none of your linked pictures show.

• moodyblue
    16 years ago

They did not for me either, but they are now. At least ALL but the first Reine des Voilettes. What I see of the rest of the pictures, Decobug, is that they are fantastic. What a very neat and lush garden. I love the colour palette in each picture. Thanks so much for showing your garden. I definitely want to bookmark this thread so that we can see how things evolve in our gardens. Yours looks complete, but wee always change things, as our plants change - and sizes etc. which alter the whole look.
    Ta, everso.
    Pauline

• moodyblue
    16 years ago

Juicy Tomato. I love your garden and very envious of that lush lawn. I think lush green grass is very complimentary and shows rose beds of to their best advantage. I know it is not everyone's cup-a-tea, as some people see it as a lot of work. But then, we are all different.:) and I really appreciate other peoples uniqueness and styles and ideas. Your roses are beautiful, such a lot in that bed, I bet it smells divine. Thank you.
    Pauline - Vancouver Island

• lesmc
    16 years ago

Hi decobug,
    I really like the front of your home. The color of the house with your roses is just outstanding. The picture of your Eureka is impressive. Love yellow roses, and that one looks lovely. Your gardens are beautiful and I thank you for your post. All the pictures on this thread are wonderful and medicine for the cold blustery day we are having. Lesley

• bethnorcal9
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Beatiful garden Decobug!! The roses look so healthy and happy! And I love the Japanese maples on the outside of the fence!

This is fun! Pauline I'm glad you suggested it!!

• zeffyrose
    16 years ago

What a delightful surprise this morning to see all these lovely gardens.
    It will be interesting to see my garden in the spring and find out which of my babies survived this winter.
    Hopefully by then I will be out of this danged wheelchair---

I have a lot in common with Jean--(age---78---hungry deer)---My garden is truly survival of the fittest.

I love this picture from 2006---It is Paul's Himalayan Musk at twilight---

this time of year the barren branches are loaded with birds.
    {{gwi:220231}}

thanks again for all your lovely gardens.

Florence

• aprille
    16 years ago

oh my goodness - all your gardens are just gorgeous! It's been such a pleasure to come back and check out all the new pictures. What a perfect way the spend a winter day :o)

Thanks for all the inspiration guys!

Aprille

• moodyblue
    16 years ago

I lost a post relating to SEIL and SNOWHEATHERS' gardens. Sorry guys. Sometimes I am useless in the evenings and when I preview more than a couple of times, my brain thinks I have posted, but SEIL I wanted to say how much I enjoyed your garden pictures and loved the front entrance garden it is so attractive and welcoming, thanks so much.

SNOWHEATHER, I am telling you it is appreciated that you did join in and you have nothing to be shy about your gardens even if they are so relatively new are a credit to you. You have done amazingly well in three years. I have been growing roses more seriously now for 34 years, and I am still shy at posting pictures, yet like all of us here, I still love to share my garden. In my first garden when we lived in England, back in 1964 - I was only 21, I started introducing roses to my new front garden. I could really ill-afford them, but I remember what I had back then because I drooled over them in a catalogue before I started buying.........and I remember them well. That was Iceberg, Blue Moon, Super Star (Tropicana), Orange Sentsation. As our house was built on old property garden of a large old home, it already had ramblers growing on the stone walls surounding us. I remember thinking they were an ugly nuisance and cut them down to the ground. They grew back beautifully and it was not until I grew roses more seriously that I was able to name the old ramblers which were Dr. Walter Van Fleet and Zephirine Drouhin.
    Anyhow, your garden really is delightful in every area and your roses are gorgeous. It all looks so finished! If that at all is possible. Thanks so much.
    Pauline Vancouver Island

• the_bustopher z6 MO
    16 years ago

Another picture of Lavender Lassie:

Jean in Arkansas is quite right when she says it gets big. In this view, mine is covering up 8 other roses planted on either side of it. Even in this view, there are still plenty of unopened buds coming on. Lavender Lassie does not have much fragrance to my nose, and it is more pink in color when the weather is hot. It does repeat bloom, but not enthusiastically. It may do better in climates that do not have blast furnace summer temperatures.

• seil zone 6b MI
    16 years ago

Thanks you, Moodyblue. I thought, just for the heck of it, I'd share a picture of what it looked like last night.
    {{gwi:1206355}}
    I sure wish it would be spring.

• alameda/zone 8/East Texas
    16 years ago

Words cant express what a treat it is to see all the wonderful gardens. I havent figured out how to post photos yet, but just wanted you all to know what an inspiration you are. Due to a broken kneecap and attending to my ill 81 yr. old mother, [and a house flood last year that took the whole year to complete restoration, and my son's marriage] my gardening opportunities have been far and few between. But.....I took the day off and made a big start today, hauling mulched leaves, trimming shrubs, planting some roses. I am making an apricot/mauve bed in backyard, and your beautiful photos keep me inspired. I hope everyone that knows how to post photos will put their garden photos on. I would much rather see actual gardens than anything else. Thanks so much and Happy Valentines Day to everyone!
    Judith

• moodyblue
    16 years ago

BUSTOPHER, your Lavender Lassie is gorgeous, so cottage-garden looking. Is it a real sun lover, or will it tolerate some shade?

FLORENCE, I am sure I posted before, but I do not see it. I have been losing a lot of posts lately, as well as my mind.:) I am glad you have PHM too. The picture of it there in the twilight is mystical. I love mine - it is a real show stopper also. Take care - it is wonderful to have you back! P

SEIL,.....and it is stil welcoming! Maybe there are some hot toddies awaiting inside!

ALEMEDA - Sorry to hear about your troubling times, but it looks like you are back in step. Wow, that rose bed you are planning sounds awesome. You must be pretty excited at the prospect. Before long, as it does not really take THAT long, you will be posting pictures of it! Good luck!
    Pauline - Vancouver Island.

• moodyblue
    16 years ago

A few more different shots of the back!

Pauline - Vancouver Island

• bethnorcal9
    Original Author
    16 years ago

OMG Pauline! These look like pictures in a gardening magazine!! Your garden is absolutely gorgeous!! I love the pelargoniums!! And the fucshias! What is that light green foliaged bush at the back right in the last photo, behind the white hydrangea?

• the_bustopher z6 MO
    16 years ago

Pauline, my Lavender Lassie gets sun virtually all day. Quite a few of my plants do get some afternoon shade, and I don't think it hurts any of them.

Your yard is so pretty. Of course it helps to live in a climate that doesn't fight your gardening attempts so much. The PNW is not out here in tornado alley where anything can happen at any time. I wish I could have stayed in Washington rather than have to move back here to the midwest.

• Prettypetals_GA_7-8
    16 years ago

WOW Pauline, I totally agree with everything everybody said. Your landscape is gorgeous. What is the flower in the hanging basket??? Thanks, Judy

• Prettypetals_GA_7-8
    16 years ago

Sorry Pauline, I need to clarify which baskets. The ones you see right past the umbrella. You have two that are the same. What is growing in them and how do they do all summer. Again, everything is absolutely stunning. Judy

• lesmc
    16 years ago

Hi Pauline,
    I have so enjoyed your garden pictures! Not only are your roses just lovely, I am enthralled with you geraniums. My goodness, what do you feed them? Your pots are so full of blooms. Your garden is a grand showing of your hard work and green thumb. Just beautiful.

• carla17
    16 years ago

Snowheather, you should be so proud of your work. Everything is so tidy and lovely.
    Seil, your garden is great too. Seems like mine is ALWAYS a work in progress!
    Everyone, thanks for sharing your gardens.

Carla

• the_bustopher z6 MO
    16 years ago

Pauline, do you winter those geraniums and fuchsias over in the house, or do you just let them go as annuals and start over in the spring? Just curious. They are all so beautiful that it would seem a shame to me not to bring them in for the winter somehow.

• kathile
    16 years ago

Wow--all these photos are such good medicine for the winter blahs. Pauline--amazing. And all the rest of you--very inspiring! Thank you for sharing!

• moodyblue
    16 years ago

Thank you so much guys. It is rewarding to have some kudos! I think we are missing the "Oohs and Ahhs" from our bed & Breakfast guests. I hope I am not hogging things if I show some more garden pics. I really have enjoyed everybodys who have posted here - all inspired by Beth our rose shopper queen.:)

BETH, I think we should start a second topic on this thread. As there are so many pictures it must be difficult for uploading. I usually do not have a problem, but I am seeing some are taking a long time. I really do hope more people will show their gardens, even if they have done so before. Then we can see them evolve as time goes.

BETH, The shrub you are referring to is Pieris "Forest Flame" in it's summer colours.

JUDY, Those baskets shown are mini-trailing geraniums - I use them a lot.

LES, In the growing season, I feed the geraniums and most anuals with 15-30-15. I prefer Plant-Prod. If it is not available, then I will use Miracle Grow.

BUSTOPHER, Yes, I do winter over my geraniums in an old Polytent

Thanks again - Pauline

• bethnorcal9
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Oooooh! I knew those leaves looked familiar. None of my pierises have gotten that tall yet. Cool!

• Prettypetals_GA_7-8
    16 years ago

Thanks Pauline, I have never seen mini trailing geraniums. I will definitely look for them this year. Thanks, Judy

• katefisher
    16 years ago

Pauline:

Holy cats! I really needed that on a cool, drippy day here in Northern CA. I can't say anything about your lovely yard that has not been said already I suspect. But thank you for sharing it with us.

So the contents of the pots (pink flowers) are geraniums? I have never seen them so tall. So gorgeous though. I might have to borrow one of those images for my desktop wallpaper:)

Kate

• moodyblue
    16 years ago

I said I would do a few more, so next Batch. Not as pretty, but still the makings of my garden.

Here is the rose arched gate that goes from our back garden to our "work site" Where our poly tent is, our composting area, and our nursery beds are. Holding tanks for "whatever need it" and beds to summer over primoroses, etc. Also of course, in this shady area I keep my rose cuttings in pots next to the house. It is a northern exposure, so they do not dry out.

Arched gate into service/work area

from another view

What is written on the gate plaque. A friend gifted me this, and I think it is so appropriate.

....And what is on the other side, our nursery, nursery beds, and polytent. (it is pretty ugly, but I LOVE it)

A six inch pot next to a huge pot of geraniums, to give you an idea....and this is just in April, in peek season, the geraniums are unbelieveable I lost a lot of years of collecting, but that is another story.

Hardening off!

Also hardening off, with flaps and everything open.

Pauline - VI

• alameda/zone 8/East Texas
    16 years ago

Pauline, your garden is an orgy of delight! I go back to these photos again and again. Please post more, I just love your garden! I would like to ask you.....your hedges, I think they are boxwood,in the first sets of pictures that surround the roses by your deck and the formal area......they are perfectly trimmed. How do you do that and what kind of tool do you use? I have plain hedge trimmers but they dont ever seem to give the precise cut like your hedges have. I would really like to become proficient at hedging as I love the boxwoods, but hesitate to put them in if I cant keep them perfectly hedged, so would love to know your secret. Please do post more photos, your beautiful garden is such an inspiration!! Visiting Vancouver is one of the trips I would love to take. I understand it is a gardening mecca. Not sure I can recreate anything like this in Texas, but am trying.

Judith

• the_bustopher z6 MO
    16 years ago

Pauline, your garden is really pretty. It would be a treat just to sit on the patio, drinking tea, and just taking it all in. I wish I could do as well. It looks like a lot of work, but it pays off. Do you ever go over to Butchart Gardens just to get some ideas? That place is gorgeous, but on a much different scale and for a different purpose.

• ingrid_vc so. CA zone 9
    16 years ago

This thread has been an orgy of delights and I'm blown away with admiration for every one of you who has posted pictures. Every garden is not only beautiful but a wonderful reflection of the personalities, taste and sheer hard work of the owners. I post mostly on the antique forum but when my very new garden (only its second summer) comes into bloom I want to share what my husband and I have created on this forum also, because I know it will be viewed with understanding and kindness. My heart goes out to people like Jean who struggle with physical infirmities and a horrible deer problem. If I had the money she'd have a 12-foot high fence surrounding her property and a gardener to do all her planting for her. All of you have faced some kind of adversity in creating and maintaining your gardens, which makes the results all the more stunning and admirable. Thank you all so much for sharing not only your gardens but giving me an insight into the wonderful people you are.

Ingrid

• Prettypetals_GA_7-8
    16 years ago

Hope you all don't mind but I am posting again to move this back to the front so misslily can see these pictures of yards too!

• msrose
    16 years ago

snowheather - Is that orangish/pinkish flower next to the light pink poppie also a poppie? Is it an annual or does it come back every year? I'm in the DFW area and so far I haven't had much luck with poppies, but I'd be willing to try again for one that looks like that.

Laurie

• misslori
    16 years ago

Thanks for bumping this post back up! Lots of inspiration for me!