Image Hosting by PictureTrail.com

PINK INTUITION - florist rose

PACIFIC BLUE - florist rose

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Roses "P"

You have quite a selection there, and some of them are varieties I really do like. Among others, I will always like Paradise, and yours is nice. I also have a Paul Ecke, Jr. which is somewhat variable in color depending on time of year and weather, but it got me a certificate at a local rose show last year. Yours is nice and looks fairly typical of the variety. Thanks for sharing the color palatte on what is a cloudy, gray day here.

o

Wow!!! Wow!!!! Wow!!!

Beth - those are stunning!!!! I'm going to list a few that knocked me off my feet.

- Papageno - what a gorgeous striped!!! I love the dark/ight striped roses the best of all the stripes!!
- Painter's Palette - same as above - but even more so. This is a stunner!!!
- Purple Beauty - I got this rose last summer. Your picture is soooo pretty!! What do you think of this rose???
- Portrait - so pink - so huge!
- Paradise - stunning! I have this rose - but have yet to see such a gorgeous rose as that!
- Perfume Tiger
- Pink Intuition

Thanks so much!!!

Here is my collection of Ps.

The first is Purple Beauty - my only bloom from my first year bare root.

o

Beth,

I continue to be in awe of your rose collection. I am researching 5 of your "P" roses.

Lynn

o

Here is Paradise.

o

Beth - some lovely P roses, as usual, I love your collection. Carol - Your Paradise is gorgeous!. My first P rose is -

PEACE

o

PINK PEACE

o

PERFUME DELIGHT

o

• Posted by seil z6b MI (My Page) on
    Sun, Feb 16, 14 at 20:15

Oh, Beth, I want at least a dozen of those! Too many to even begin to list them but that Pedrus Aquarius really grabbed me!

Canadian rose, that photo of Paradise is spectacular!

Here's my "P" collection

Paradise
Paradise photo par2013_06270002_zps739b0d76.jpg

Patron
Patron photo pat2013_06300034_zpse7295535.jpg

Peace
Peace photo pea2013_08210055_zpsf7d1d9ee.jpg

Pinocchio
Pinocchio photo pin2013_06200032_zpsacdcd7e2.jpg

Pope John Paul II
Pope John Paul II photo pjp2013_07010027_zps8a090ca2.jpg

Powerhouse
Powerhouse photo ph2013_06190010_zps4221d02b.jpg

o

Beth,
I started listing my favorites, but the list got so long that I'll just say I adore your P collection!

Carol, I've not heard of Purple Beauty, but it's gorgeous!

Sara Ann, Every time I see a picture of your Pink Peace, I wish I had gotten it. I passed it over a couple of years ago for Peter Mayle :( Your other P's are beauties, too!

Seil, Love all your P's, but I think Pinocchio and Powerhouse are my favorites.

Peter Mayle

photo zzzpm082013_zps074dc5c4.jpg

PARIS D'YVES ST. LAURENT

photo zzzpdysl1011d_zps40a970c7.jpg

Passionate Kisses

photo zzzpk0907_zps6e1d9516.jpg

photo ZZZPK1013B_zpsaf95bada.jpg

Pope John Paul II

photo zzzpjp0830_zpsc71bc0d5.jpg

Perfume Delight

photo zzzpd0830a_zpsf10e1b3a.jpg

Paradise

photo zzzparadise0830d_zps2e6771cf.jpg

Peace

photo zzzpeace1010b_zps03c75334.jpg

Perle d’Or

photo zzzpdo1108d_zps1fe83aad.jpg

o

Seil - I agree with Pat. Love your Powerhouse and Pinocchio is adorable. I love everyone's Paradise rose, they are all lovely. Thank you Pat - I really do like Pink Peace, it's a good rose for me. You have some lovely ones. Your Peace has the beautiful classic blooms I love and your Passionate Kisses is so pretty and I really like your Pope John Paul II, all very nice.

o

Too many beauties to list. The M's & O's forced me to spend hours at HMF:-)

I do have a P. She was planted next to 'Secret' and at times I couldn't tell them apart. Very vigorous grower.

Pristine - HT, Warriner'78

o
RE: 'P' for pastel

Beth ~ your pastels . . . . . too beautiful.

Pearl Essence - adore the sheen on this pink Zary beauty
Pedrus Aquarius - would this be champagne? Fill mine up.
Pink Promise - I'm a sucker for these pink darker centers, swoon.
Poetry in Motion aka Gift of Life - if I got a big bouquet of these I'd have to put it out front for every single dog walker to appreciate.
Prima Donna - this one better root for you!
Best picture of 'Paradise' ! ! !

Now onto the rest of the eye candy. Serious sensory overload.

o

So many beauties here that I'm just going to list a few of my favorites. It would take forever to go over all of them!

Papageno, Papa Meilland, Peace (all of them!), Paradise, Passionate Kisses--talk about a bold splash of color!, and Pristine is --well, pristinely beautiful!

Here's my contribution:

Kordes Pomponella--in all her cuteness. Those pompoms are great.

Austin's Pretty Jessica--fattest, most fully packed blooms in my garden, I do believe!
Pretty Jessica, David Austin rose 2012 photo Jessica.jpg

Hope you enjoyed those.

Kate

o

• Posted by beth NorCA 9 (My Page) on
    Mon, Feb 17, 14 at 11:20

Wow! Love all the photos! My POPE JPII will never look as good everybody else's.

Pat I love your PARIS D'YVES ST LAURENT. I thought mine died last yr, but it's still hanging in there. I hope it comes back and looks as good as yours!

Irisgal, I don't have PRISTINE, so I really am enjoying your pic. It's gorgeous! Oh, and my PRIMA DONNA is not one I'm trying to root. It's a plant I got from Carltons quite a few yrs ago. It's a beauty, but it gets thrips really badly.

o

Iris - Your Pristine is gorgeous. I used to have one and it would die back to the ground every year and put on new growth, the blooms were always perfection, it's a beauty. Kate - Your Pomponella is really "cute" and love your Pretty Jessica too.

o

Such pretty "P's"! Beth, I was glad to see Parfum de Grasse, as I have it coming from Palatine. I hope the scent is as strong as they say. Pat_Bama, your shrub shots are just gorgeous! My favorite is Passionate Kisses. I have that, too, and it never stops blooming even in the heat of the summer - now that's passionate!
Sara-Ann, I love your pinks, especially Perfume Delight. I used to have it, but gave it away and have been sorry ever since. It is a wonderful rose, but just got too big where I had planted it. Iris Gal - that shot of Pristine is a winner! Canadian Rose, that shot of Paradise is, too! Seil - you are such a good photographer. What kind of camera do you have?

Here's few of my "P"'s. First is the wonderful disease-resistant floribunda, Pretty Lady.

Pretty Lady-09-A

Here is my abosolute favorite climber, Peach Silk. Too bad I don't see it for sale anymore.

4c Agee Peach Silk

Here is another shot:

pEACH sILK 1

Here is the HT "Purple Passion". It is a blackspot magnet, but I keep it because its scent is incredible!

Purple Passion

That's all -since most of the rest of my "P"s have already been posted above.

o

Oh, and I forgot to mention those beautifu photos of Pomonella, Dublin Bay. I love all your photos. You are another one of this forum's top photographers (as well as rose grower, of course!).

o

I forgot I had 'Perfume Delight' as I'm admiring Sara-Ann's pinks. At least that's what the seller thought it was at their going-out-of-business sale. It lost its neon richness no matter what kind of camera I tried. This was the closest I could get. Tell me if you think it is another rose.
Seriously Seil. Another knockout photo of 'Paradise'. Your 'Pope JPII' flower should be the crowning glory on a wedding cake. So delectable.
Patbama, you are seriously making me want 'Peace'. It looks like the setting sun kissed them to make them glow. Wonderful photo.
What a perfectly gorgeous bloom of 'Pretty Lady'. There's something special about a peachy-apricoty-pink climber. Maybe it's just me. I would love to see Peach Silk. Thank you Snowheather. (More pls)

Perfume Delight (was tentatively sold as)

o

Iris - Here is a partially opened bloom of my Perfume Delight, I think it looks similar to yours. I do think yours is Perfume Delight. Does yours have a strong fragrance, mine does.

o

Thanks Sara-Ann. I think they look alike too. And it looks as tho your camera is doing what mine does with this particular rose.

Allergy laden nostrils! But I think that was why I bought it back in the day . . . . .

o

Tue, Feb 18, 14 at 15:46

Thanks all!

Snowheather, I have an old and very inexpensive, more or less point and shoot, Fuji FinePix S700. Nothing fancy. I never use a tripod but I do use the fil flash almost always. And the macro setting with the zoom because I can't bend down like I used to. So I stand up and zoom in to frame the bloom instead.

The camera does let me set some things and I like to take the photos about one or two stops on the darker side. You can always lighten a photo a little in photoshop afterwards but a shot that's over exposed or too light/bright is pretty much uncorrectable.

I groom my roses before I shoot them and always keep an eye out for distractions, like junk in the background or bugs, etc. But shooting from a distance with the zoom helps a lot because it blurs out the background and also gets those nice black backdrops that make the blooms stand out.

o

• Posted by curdle 9b, Australia (My Page) on
    Wed, Feb 19, 14 at 5:09

So many great pictures of beautiful roses - that Purple Splash looks pretty good Beth..I dont think its avaliable on my side of the world tho..

Pat- loved your photos of Peace and PJP II- how old is the PJP II?

Anyways, here are a few of my "p" roses

Prospero

Prospero photo Prospero_zps5ed3d240.jpg
Perle d'Or

Perle D'Or2 photo perledor1_zpsdac425fa.jpg

and a couple of posies..

Pretty Jessica

Pretty Jessica photo PrettyJessica_zps7af07f9d.jpg

Pope John II - with special guests Chartreuse de Parme (dk purple pink) and Charles Rennie McKintosh (a slightly heat shrunken lavender)

photo PjPIIposy_zpscfb39acc.jpg

o

Beautiful, Curdle! That reminds me - I must get Chartreuse de Parme - if only I had room!

Oh, and Seil. Thanks for the info. I use almost the same techniques!

o

Pure Perfume… New rose bush… first bloom

This thread embodies part of why I love roses so much. There are so many beautiful roses posted here !!!!

Lynn

o

Wow, some of these P roses are incredible! Paul Ecke Jr, Pinocchio, Pristine, Peach Silk... really there are too many to list.

I've got just a few to add.

Purple Passion

o

Pink Chiffon

o

Parfum de Grasse

o

The Prince (pic taken this past January)

o

Beautiful roses. I don't have a rose garden so I really enjoy looking through these blooms. Thanks all.

o

Sat, Feb 22, 14 at 12:49

OH, Brittie, the poor Prince looks so cold!

o

I had no idea the P roses would be so outstanding. It's been fun seeing so many that are totally new to me.
Beth, I love Party Time, which does look a bit like a party waiting to happen. Poseidon is one of the loveliest lavenders, very elegant.There were so many in your group that had exquisite shading, like a watercolor painting, especially Premier Bal, Paw Maw, and Paradise. There are just too many I like,and I'm going to have to do a lot of looking up on HMF because they are new to me!
Carol, your Purple Beauty has a lovely porcelain smooth look to its petals. Is it more purple "in person"?
Sara-Ann, those are a gorgeous pair of Peace's.
Seil, I love your Peace rose color variation with its soft yellow. Pinocchio is another with many lovely color shades. PJPII is just the most luscious white, and your photo shows every detail.
Pat, that super clear photo of Paris d' Yves St Laurent is stunning (wish the name were shorter). Oh, I adore those frilly, cute Passionate Kisses. Your Peace blooms are close to those I remember on my Dad's Peace rose blooms back in the 50s--really, big, fat, and gorgeous. That rose was such a sensation then. As a kid, it was the only rose name I knew.
Iris, that Pristine of yours--is it real? It's too perfect. Makes me want to touch the computer screen to feel those smooth petals.
Snowheather, Pretty Lady is lovely perfection, but Peach Silk has me drooling. A bunch of us forum people have convinced Heirloom to offer Peach Silk again, we all like it so well. I hope this really happens.
Curdle, that's a fine photo of Prospero. What a smoldering beauty. I've craved Chartreuse de Parme for years. Your luscious photo will have to do.
Lynn, what a pretty bloom of Pure Perfume, especially since it's the first one.
Brittie, oooh, I love your Prince photo. It's so different and evocative.
Thanks for a look at all these beautiful and unusual P roses. Diane

o

Here's a photo you may be familiar with--Princess Alexandra of Kent. Diane

o

This rose, Party Dress, has been on shovel row for two years. This is the only photo I have ever been able to take because the blooms ball, everyone of them. It's a mess. PD is a Kordes florist rose that I think has disappeared from commerce. Diane

o

Princess de Monaco

Pierre Arditti

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Rose Gallery Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here