PINK INTUITION - florist rose
{{gwi:1206648}}

PACIFIC BLUE - florist rose
{{gwi:1205001}}

Comments (34)

• the_bustopher z6 MO
    10 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

You have quite a selection there, and some of them are varieties I really do like. Among others, I will always like Paradise, and yours is nice. I also have a Paul Ecke, Jr. which is somewhat variable in color depending on time of year and weather, but it got me a certificate at a local rose show last year. Yours is nice and looks fairly typical of the variety. Thanks for sharing the color palatte on what is a cloudy, gray day here.

• canadian_rose
    10 years ago

Wow!!! Wow!!!! Wow!!!

Beth - those are stunning!!!! I'm going to list a few that knocked me off my feet.

- Papageno - what a gorgeous striped!!! I love the dark/ight striped roses the best of all the stripes!!
    - Painter's Palette - same as above - but even more so. This is a stunner!!!
    - Purple Beauty - I got this rose last summer. Your picture is soooo pretty!! What do you think of this rose???
    - Portrait - so pink - so huge!
    - Paradise - stunning! I have this rose - but have yet to see such a gorgeous rose as that!
    - Perfume Tiger
    - Pink Intuition

Thanks so much!!!

Here is my collection of Ps.

The first is Purple Beauty - my only bloom from my first year bare root.

• Lynn-in-TX-Z8b- Austin Area/Hill Country
    10 years ago

Beth,

I continue to be in awe of your rose collection. I am researching 5 of your "P" roses.

Lynn

• canadian_rose
    10 years ago

Here is Paradise.

• sara_ann-z6bok
    10 years ago

Beth - some lovely P roses, as usual, I love your collection. Carol - Your Paradise is gorgeous!. My first P rose is -

PEACE

• sara_ann-z6bok
    10 years ago

PINK PEACE

• sara_ann-z6bok
    10 years ago

PERFUME DELIGHT

• seil zone 6b MI
    10 years ago

Oh, Beth, I want at least a dozen of those! Too many to even begin to list them but that Pedrus Aquarius really grabbed me!

Canadian rose, that photo of Paradise is spectacular!

Here's my "P" collection

Paradise
    {{gwi:320856}}

Patron

Peace

Pinocchio
    {{gwi:350400}}

Pope John Paul II

Powerhouse
    {{gwi:330050}}

• pat_bamaz7
    10 years ago

Beth,
    I started listing my favorites, but the list got so long that I'll just say I adore your P collection!

Carol, I've not heard of Purple Beauty, but it's gorgeous!

Sara Ann, Every time I see a picture of your Pink Peace, I wish I had gotten it. I passed it over a couple of years ago for Peter Mayle :( Your other P's are beauties, too!

Seil, Love all your P's, but I think Pinocchio and Powerhouse are my favorites.

Peter Mayle

PARIS D'YVES ST. LAURENT

Passionate Kisses

Pope John Paul II

Perfume Delight

Paradise

Peace

Perle d’Or

• sara_ann-z6bok
    10 years ago

Seil - I agree with Pat. Love your Powerhouse and Pinocchio is adorable. I love everyone's Paradise rose, they are all lovely. Thank you Pat - I really do like Pink Peace, it's a good rose for me. You have some lovely ones. Your Peace has the beautiful classic blooms I love and your Passionate Kisses is so pretty and I really like your Pope John Paul II, all very nice.

• iris_gal
    10 years ago

Too many beauties to list. The M's & O's forced me to spend hours at HMF:-)

I do have a P. She was planted next to 'Secret' and at times I couldn't tell them apart. Very vigorous grower.

Pristine - HT, Warriner'78

• iris_gal
    10 years ago

Beth ~ your pastels . . . . . too beautiful.

Pearl Essence - adore the sheen on this pink Zary beauty
    Pedrus Aquarius - would this be champagne? Fill mine up.
    Pink Promise - I'm a sucker for these pink darker centers, swoon.
    Poetry in Motion aka Gift of Life - if I got a big bouquet of these I'd have to put it out front for every single dog walker to appreciate.
    Prima Donna - this one better root for you!
    Best picture of 'Paradise' ! ! !

Now onto the rest of the eye candy. Serious sensory overload.

• dublinbay z6 (KS)
    10 years ago

So many beauties here that I'm just going to list a few of my favorites. It would take forever to go over all of them!

Papageno, Papa Meilland, Peace (all of them!), Paradise, Passionate Kisses--talk about a bold splash of color!, and Pristine is --well, pristinely beautiful!

Here's my contribution:

Kordes Pomponella--in all her cuteness. Those pompoms are great.
    {{gwi:217613}}

Austin's Pretty Jessica--fattest, most fully packed blooms in my garden, I do believe!
    {{gwi:218926}}

Hope you enjoyed those.

Kate

• bethnorcal9
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Wow! Love all the photos! My POPE JPII will never look as good everybody else's.

Pat I love your PARIS D'YVES ST LAURENT. I thought mine died last yr, but it's still hanging in there. I hope it comes back and looks as good as yours!

Irisgal, I don't have PRISTINE, so I really am enjoying your pic. It's gorgeous! Oh, and my PRIMA DONNA is not one I'm trying to root. It's a plant I got from Carltons quite a few yrs ago. It's a beauty, but it gets thrips really badly.

• sara_ann-z6bok
    10 years ago

Iris - Your Pristine is gorgeous. I used to have one and it would die back to the ground every year and put on new growth, the blooms were always perfection, it's a beauty. Kate - Your Pomponella is really "cute" and love your Pretty Jessica too.

• snowheather
    10 years ago

Such pretty "P's"! Beth, I was glad to see Parfum de Grasse, as I have it coming from Palatine. I hope the scent is as strong as they say. Pat_Bama, your shrub shots are just gorgeous! My favorite is Passionate Kisses. I have that, too, and it never stops blooming even in the heat of the summer - now that's passionate!
    Sara-Ann, I love your pinks, especially Perfume Delight. I used to have it, but gave it away and have been sorry ever since. It is a wonderful rose, but just got too big where I had planted it. Iris Gal - that shot of Pristine is a winner! Canadian Rose, that shot of Paradise is, too! Seil - you are such a good photographer. What kind of camera do you have?

Here's few of my "P"'s. First is the wonderful disease-resistant floribunda, Pretty Lady.

Here is my abosolute favorite climber, Peach Silk. Too bad I don't see it for sale anymore.

Here is another shot:

Here is the HT "Purple Passion". It is a blackspot magnet, but I keep it because its scent is incredible!

That's all -since most of the rest of my "P"s have already been posted above.

• snowheather
    10 years ago

Oh, and I forgot to mention those beautifu photos of Pomonella, Dublin Bay. I love all your photos. You are another one of this forum's top photographers (as well as rose grower, of course!).

• iris_gal
    10 years ago

I forgot I had 'Perfume Delight' as I'm admiring Sara-Ann's pinks. At least that's what the seller thought it was at their going-out-of-business sale. It lost its neon richness no matter what kind of camera I tried. This was the closest I could get. Tell me if you think it is another rose.
    Seriously Seil. Another knockout photo of 'Paradise'. Your 'Pope JPII' flower should be the crowning glory on a wedding cake. So delectable.
    Patbama, you are seriously making me want 'Peace'. It looks like the setting sun kissed them to make them glow. Wonderful photo.
    What a perfectly gorgeous bloom of 'Pretty Lady'. There's something special about a peachy-apricoty-pink climber. Maybe it's just me. I would love to see Peach Silk. Thank you Snowheather. (More pls)

Perfume Delight (was tentatively sold as)

• sara_ann-z6bok
    10 years ago

Iris - Here is a partially opened bloom of my Perfume Delight, I think it looks similar to yours. I do think yours is Perfume Delight. Does yours have a strong fragrance, mine does.

• iris_gal
    10 years ago

Thanks Sara-Ann. I think they look alike too. And it looks as tho your camera is doing what mine does with this particular rose.

Allergy laden nostrils! But I think that was why I bought it back in the day . . . . .

• seil zone 6b MI
    10 years ago

Thanks all!

Snowheather, I have an old and very inexpensive, more or less point and shoot, Fuji FinePix S700. Nothing fancy. I never use a tripod but I do use the fil flash almost always. And the macro setting with the zoom because I can't bend down like I used to. So I stand up and zoom in to frame the bloom instead.

The camera does let me set some things and I like to take the photos about one or two stops on the darker side. You can always lighten a photo a little in photoshop afterwards but a shot that's over exposed or too light/bright is pretty much uncorrectable.

I groom my roses before I shoot them and always keep an eye out for distractions, like junk in the background or bugs, etc. But shooting from a distance with the zoom helps a lot because it blurs out the background and also gets those nice black backdrops that make the blooms stand out.

• Curdle 10a (Australia)
    10 years ago

So many great pictures of beautiful roses - that Purple Splash looks pretty good Beth..I dont think its avaliable on my side of the world tho..

Pat- loved your photos of Peace and PJP II- how old is the PJP II?

Anyways, here are a few of my "p" roses

Prospero

Perle d'Or

and a couple of posies..

Pretty Jessica

Pope John II - with special guests Chartreuse de Parme (dk purple pink) and Charles Rennie McKintosh (a slightly heat shrunken lavender)

• snowheather
    10 years ago

Beautiful, Curdle! That reminds me - I must get Chartreuse de Parme - if only I had room!

Oh, and Seil. Thanks for the info. I use almost the same techniques!

• Lynn-in-TX-Z8b- Austin Area/Hill Country
    10 years ago

Pure Perfume… New rose bush… first bloom

This thread embodies part of why I love roses so much. There are so many beautiful roses posted here !!!!

Lynn

• Brittie - La Porte, TX 9a
    10 years ago

Wow, some of these P roses are incredible! Paul Ecke Jr, Pinocchio, Pristine, Peach Silk... really there are too many to list.

I've got just a few to add.

Purple Passion

10 years ago

Pink Chiffon

10 years ago

Parfum de Grasse

10 years ago

The Prince (pic taken this past January)

• surya55_gw
    10 years ago

Beautiful roses. I don't have a rose garden so I really enjoy looking through these blooms. Thanks all.

• seil zone 6b MI
    10 years ago

OH, Brittie, the poor Prince looks so cold!

• nanadollZ7 SWIdaho
    10 years ago

I had no idea the P roses would be so outstanding. It's been fun seeing so many that are totally new to me.
    Beth, I love Party Time, which does look a bit like a party waiting to happen. Poseidon is one of the loveliest lavenders, very elegant.There were so many in your group that had exquisite shading, like a watercolor painting, especially Premier Bal, Paw Maw, and Paradise. There are just too many I like,and I'm going to have to do a lot of looking up on HMF because they are new to me!
    Carol, your Purple Beauty has a lovely porcelain smooth look to its petals. Is it more purple "in person"?
    Sara-Ann, those are a gorgeous pair of Peace's.
    Seil, I love your Peace rose color variation with its soft yellow. Pinocchio is another with many lovely color shades. PJPII is just the most luscious white, and your photo shows every detail.
    Pat, that super clear photo of Paris d' Yves St Laurent is stunning (wish the name were shorter). Oh, I adore those frilly, cute Passionate Kisses. Your Peace blooms are close to those I remember on my Dad's Peace rose blooms back in the 50s--really, big, fat, and gorgeous. That rose was such a sensation then. As a kid, it was the only rose name I knew.
    Iris, that Pristine of yours--is it real? It's too perfect. Makes me want to touch the computer screen to feel those smooth petals.
    Snowheather, Pretty Lady is lovely perfection, but Peach Silk has me drooling. A bunch of us forum people have convinced Heirloom to offer Peach Silk again, we all like it so well. I hope this really happens.
    Curdle, that's a fine photo of Prospero. What a smoldering beauty. I've craved Chartreuse de Parme for years. Your luscious photo will have to do.
    Lynn, what a pretty bloom of Pure Perfume, especially since it's the first one.
    Brittie, oooh, I love your Prince photo. It's so different and evocative.
    Thanks for a look at all these beautiful and unusual P roses. Diane

• nanadollZ7 SWIdaho
    10 years ago

Here's a photo you may be familiar with--Princess Alexandra of Kent. Diane

• nanadollZ7 SWIdaho
    10 years ago

This rose, Party Dress, has been on shovel row for two years. This is the only photo I have ever been able to take because the blooms ball, everyone of them. It's a mess. PD is a Kordes florist rose that I think has disappeared from commerce. Diane

• neptune44
    10 years ago

Princess de Monaco

Pierre Arditti

Sponsored
Hoppy Design & Build
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Northern VA Award-Winning Deck ,Patio, & Landscape Design Build Firm