Return to the Rose Gallery Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Eternal Flame Basals

Posted by kittymoonbeam 10 (My Page) on
Mon, Feb 24, 14 at 17:29

I left these alone just to see how tall they would get and at the end of January when everything was pruned, you can see how they were still making blooms. The one at the left is the newest one with no buds yet. If you want long stems, grow this one.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Eternal Flame Basals

• Posted by seil z6b MI (My Page) on
    Mon, Feb 24, 14 at 23:15

Whoa! How tall are they? Looks about 12 feet to me. I'd be worried about them breaking off in the wind. Maybe you should stake them.

o

They were surprisingly sturdy in the wind. I cut them down last after everything else because they just looked odd so tall above everything. I wanted to see how tall they would get in a year. Maybe they would have kept going. I could barely see the roses up there. It's hard to believe that they started at ground level but this rose grows very fast.

o

Egads, which 'Eternal Flame'? Very confusing when 4 hybridizers use the same name.

o

SO glad that I opted to put this one at the back of the border (but on the side, so I can still sniff the flowers!).

o

Those blooms look kinda yellow - is it the Meilland HT from 2007?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Rose Gallery Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here