Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
seil_gw

How about buds!

seil zone 6b MI
11 years ago

Since we've finished the alphabet up I'm missing seeing all the lovely pictures. I don't know about you but I have tons of photos of buds that I hardly every get to post. Usually we all post the open blooms.

In the early spring when I'm starved for a rose I start photographing the roses as the tiny buds start to grow and in the fall when it's getting really cold and I figure the buds may not have a chance to open I photograph them too. Here are some of my buds.

Yantai

X-Rated

Winsome

Violet Mist

Veterans' Honor

Show Stopper

Snow Ruby

Stars n Stripes

Summer Fashion

Sunny Delight

Comments (13)

• Krista_5NY
    11 years ago

Your roses are just beautiful, Seil!

Jadis

{{gwi:296119}}

Gruss an Aachen

{{gwi:228885}}

Perfume Delight

Bishop's Castle

{{gwi:222302}}

Pink Promise

{{gwi:293412}}

• nanadollZ7 SWIdaho
    11 years ago

seil and Krista,
    I love your photo interpretations of your rosebuds. They're lovely. For some reason, I think HTs produce the most beautiful buds. Maybe it's the high centers. I'd never thought much about it till now. I wish I had a few pics to contribute. Thanks for posting these. Diane

• inga007
    11 years ago

Love all your bud photos. I can "almost" smell them.

• lesmc
    11 years ago

Love the bud pictures! Thanks for sharing. Lesley

• dublinbay z6 (KS)
    11 years ago

I've never really focused on buds, but have somewhat accidentally photographed a few.

Lady of Shalott bud--first bloom ever on this new bush last spring. I was so excited.
    {{gwi:245912}}

Love & Peace bud--you can tell I'm partial to pinks or apricots blended with yellows.

Well Being-- some of these buds are simply beautiful, aren't they. Good subject, Seil! Look at this one!
    {{gwi:248634}}

Dublin Bay climber-- bud and half-opened bloom

Eden climber--the bud is not as pretty as the opened bloom, however.

Mother's Day Polyantha--buds and a couple half-opened blooms.
    {{gwi:215444}}

Well Being again--this is a picture my daughter took, but I particularly like the buds striped dark rust/red surrounding the opened bloom. I must see if I can get some really nice pictures of this combination this coming spring.

Pretty Jessica--buds surrounding a fully opened bloom. Actually, I have lots with this combination. I like showing a rose in various stages of blooming.
    {{gwi:218926}}

Elle --bud/half-opened bloom. Another one of my pink/yellow blends!
    {{gwi:227736}}

Little Sunset (mini)--I remember I took this picture because I thought it was rather funny the way the buds were opening--kind looked like toy butterflies hovering over the plant from a distance.

Yes, Seil, I miss our alphabet postings also. Alas, what will we do with time on our hands waiting for spring to arrive? LOL

Kate

• bethnorcal9
    11 years ago

Beautiful buds everybody! Those minis are gorgeous Seil! I particularly like SNOW RUBY and STARS & STRIPES.

• dublinbay z6 (KS)
    11 years ago

I meant to add, Seil, that your photos are exquisite as usual. You do the solo rose thing so very well!

Kate

This post was edited by dublinbay on Tue, Feb 19, 13 at 11:44

• nanadollZ7 SWIdaho
    11 years ago

I agree with you on seil's photos, Kate, but you have some lovely bud photos here, too. I particularly like the pink-apricot blends. They might inspire me to try some bud photography myself.
    Krista, I love Gruss and Pink Promise--all the pinks look extra lovely. Thanks for posting everyone. Diane

• AnneCecilia z5 MI
    11 years ago

Ooh, great photos, everyone and good idea (as well as nice photography) Seil!
    I'll play!

Double Delight:

Fragrant Cloud:

Chorale:

Dorcas:

Freckles:

Belle Poitevine:

Lady Jane Grey:

A whole vase of buds from Marie Victorin:

Morgengruss:
    {{gwi:287467}}

Golden Princess:
    {{gwi:333008}}

Grace Note:

Iobelle:

Octoberfest:

Springs A Comin':

Prairie Star:

Sunbonnet Sue:
    {{gwi:312751}}

Mary Queen of Scots:

And an unknown pink moss:

• dublinbay z6 (KS)
    11 years ago

Anne, love your buds from Marie Victorin--what a charming bouquet. Also nice are Morgangruss, Golden Princess, and Sunbonnet Sue--all so soft and delicate looking in lovely blended shades.

Kate

• seil zone 6b MI
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thanks everyone!

Really lovely shades of pink, Krista!

Love all the blends in yours, Kate!

Wonderful selection, Anne!

I really enjoy seeing all the different shapes that the buds form, long, fat, round or pointy, and then think about how the open blooms look in comparison. It's very interesting.

• Annie
    11 years ago

O, la la!
    I love them BUDS!

• jim1961 / Central Pennsylvania / Zone 6
    11 years ago

Buds galore! Very nice pics!