Return to the Rose Gallery Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Would love to see your pretty rose bouquets

Posted by Sara-Ann z6b OK (My Page) on
Sat, Feb 22, 14 at 22:17

I am not an expert flower arranger, nor photographer, but I do love roses and I love to cut them and bring them indoors. Would love to see pictures of yours, as many as you like.

This is an arrangement I took to work during the summer. I had no shortage of roses to bring indoors during the past rose season.

This post was edited by Sara-Ann on Sun, Feb 23, 14 at 7:56

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Would love to see your pretty rose bouquets

This is one I took outdoors, because the lighting in my house isn't great for taking pictures.

o

I lined these up one morning, must have been bored.

o

Belinda's Dream

o

A few of my favorites

o

One of my fall bouquets

o

• Posted by seil z6b MI (My Page) on
    Sun, Feb 23, 14 at 12:39

The only ones I usually photograph are my rose show arrangements and my end of season bouquet I cut just before the first frost hits. This was last years end of trail taken in October. I think the roses are Folklore, Love Song, Veterans Honor, Graham Thomas and I don't know the last white one.

o

Sara Ann, I cut a lot of flowers to bring inside…especially during Japanese beetle time. I’m really not very good at arranging them, though. I do like to put the reds and whites together or the pinks with lavenders and whites or arrangements of all the same color...but I often opt for the easier maintenance route and group together based on vase life moreso than color.

photo zzzcutting1002_zps5873c18a.jpg

photo zzzcuttings1111_zps5f1e1530.jpg

photo zzzcuttings1001b_zps09fda205.jpg

photo zzzcuttingsfall1108e_zps0fd2998d.jpg

o

Seil - A simple, but lovely arrangement, those colors look lovely together, especially on my Mac screen. Pat - I love your combos, very nice. I really do enjoy seeing them. Thank you both for sharing. I don't think you have to be a professional, as long as the roses are pretty, it's going to look good, and you both have gorgeous roses.

o

Two of my favorites (and the only ones I did last year)

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

Carding Mill was taken 11/2012

(FYI I do have nice photo gear, but what really makes the photos of the roses is the use of a cheap photo cube see link and taking the photos outdoors)

Here is a link that might be useful: Photo Light Cube

o

I love all your sumptuous bouquets. Sara-Ann, your "outdoor" bouquet is especially lovely. What is that huge, fairly dark pink rose in that group? It's a standout.

I don't have many photos of my bouquets, but I favor peonies and roses together. Here's Brother Cadfael trying to peek out from among the Sarah Bernhardt peonies. Diane

o

Here's another peony-rose bouquet, this time with Evelyn and featuring my pink sheets. Diane

o

Finally, a bouquet with Frederic Mistral, surrounded by some of my beloved rose frou frous. Diane

o

How well I remember peonies. Sigh.

Some of us still remember the gorgeous arrangements Thedarklady did for her church. Sleuthing unearthed this link to her albums which she posted in 2009. Many many pages of her creations and like all excellent photographers she takes more than one picture of her subject.

Here is a link that might be useful: Thedarkladys floral arrangements

o

Kippy and Diane - Your arrangements are lovely. They all have an old fashioned romantic look, which is very elegant. Thank you for sharing. Diane - If you mean the second photo from the top, I believe that rose is Buxom Beauty. Iris - Thedarklady has some beautiful arrangements, obviously she is very gifted.

This post was edited by Sara-Ann on Tue, Feb 25, 14 at 8:28

o

Oh how I love to come on this forum! I get to see really creative, dedicated people do lovely things. Thx for the photos- nice on a winter's day.

o

Sara-Ann, it was the next to last of your bouquets with the big, gorgeous pink bloom. I later realized you had several "outdoor" bouquets. Thanks for your kind words. Diane

o

Diane - Should have gone with my first guess and I would have been right on guessing which one you meant. That rose is Pink Peace. I love it! Has good repeat bloom, always looks good and it smells wonderful!. And I thank you.

o

"I lined these up one morning, must have been bored." Hahaha...Sara-Ann you are too cute. ; )

Pat_Bama: Can you tell me the name of the lavender beauties in your second photo, and how they perform as cut flowers? Thank you.

Diane: How long do your Austins last as cut flowers??

o

I have some!!!

o

Here's another one.

o

Some more!

o

One last one

o

DrPekeMom - Very nice, thanks for sharing!

o

Beautiful bouquets everyone! Rosybunny, that's Royal Amethyst. It was new for me last year and has already become my best lavender. Grew to 5 ft tall its first season and was an absolute bloom machine...almost always completely covered in blooms, great fragrance and a good cut flower. It will blackspot in our humidity if not sprayed here.

o

Pat - I am so glad those lavender roses in your bouquet are Royal Amethyst, that bouquet is gorgeous and I was wondering what they were too. I ordered that rose, because I like yours so much. Hopefully it will do good for me too.

o

Sara Ann, Glad to enable :) I think you will love RA.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Rose Gallery Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here