Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sara_ann_gw

Would love to see your pretty rose bouquets

sara_ann-z6bok
10 years ago

I am not an expert flower arranger, nor photographer, but I do love roses and I love to cut them and bring them indoors. Would love to see pictures of yours, as many as you like.

This is an arrangement I took to work during the summer. I had no shortage of roses to bring indoors during the past rose season.

This post was edited by Sara-Ann on Sun, Feb 23, 14 at 7:56

Comments (26)

• sara_ann-z6bok
    Original Author
    10 years ago

This is one I took outdoors, because the lighting in my house isn't great for taking pictures.

• sara_ann-z6bok
    Original Author
    10 years ago

I lined these up one morning, must have been bored.

• sara_ann-z6bok
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Belinda's Dream

• sara_ann-z6bok
    Original Author
    10 years ago

A few of my favorites

• sara_ann-z6bok
    Original Author
    10 years ago

One of my fall bouquets

• seil zone 6b MI
    10 years ago

The only ones I usually photograph are my rose show arrangements and my end of season bouquet I cut just before the first frost hits. This was last years end of trail taken in October. I think the roses are Folklore, Love Song, Veterans Honor, Graham Thomas and I don't know the last white one.

• pat_bamaz7
    10 years ago

Sara Ann, I cut a lot of flowers to bring insideâ¦especially during Japanese beetle time. IâÂÂm really not very good at arranging them, though. I do like to put the reds and whites together or the pinks with lavenders and whites or arrangements of all the same color...but I often opt for the easier maintenance route and group together based on vase life moreso than color.

• sara_ann-z6bok
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Seil - A simple, but lovely arrangement, those colors look lovely together, especially on my Mac screen. Pat - I love your combos, very nice. I really do enjoy seeing them. Thank you both for sharing. I don't think you have to be a professional, as long as the roses are pretty, it's going to look good, and you both have gorgeous roses.

• Kippy
    10 years ago

Two of my favorites (and the only ones I did last year)

{{gwi:272730}}

Carding Mill was taken 11/2012

(FYI I do have nice photo gear, but what really makes the photos of the roses is the use of a cheap photo cube see link and taking the photos outdoors)

Here is a link that might be useful: Photo Light Cube

• nanadollZ7 SWIdaho
    10 years ago

I love all your sumptuous bouquets. Sara-Ann, your "outdoor" bouquet is especially lovely. What is that huge, fairly dark pink rose in that group? It's a standout.

I don't have many photos of my bouquets, but I favor peonies and roses together. Here's Brother Cadfael trying to peek out from among the Sarah Bernhardt peonies. Diane

• nanadollZ7 SWIdaho
    10 years ago

Here's another peony-rose bouquet, this time with Evelyn and featuring my pink sheets. Diane

• nanadollZ7 SWIdaho
    10 years ago

Finally, a bouquet with Frederic Mistral, surrounded by some of my beloved rose frou frous. Diane

• iris_gal
    10 years ago

How well I remember peonies. Sigh.

Some of us still remember the gorgeous arrangements Thedarklady did for her church. Sleuthing unearthed this link to her albums which she posted in 2009. Many many pages of her creations and like all excellent photographers she takes more than one picture of her subject.

Here is a link that might be useful: Thedarkladys floral arrangements

• sara_ann-z6bok
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Kippy and Diane - Your arrangements are lovely. They all have an old fashioned romantic look, which is very elegant. Thank you for sharing. Diane - If you mean the second photo from the top, I believe that rose is Buxom Beauty. Iris - Thedarklady has some beautiful arrangements, obviously she is very gifted.

This post was edited by Sara-Ann on Tue, Feb 25, 14 at 8:28

• surya55_gw
    10 years ago

Oh how I love to come on this forum! I get to see really creative, dedicated people do lovely things. Thx for the photos- nice on a winter's day.

• nanadollZ7 SWIdaho
    10 years ago

Sara-Ann, it was the next to last of your bouquets with the big, gorgeous pink bloom. I later realized you had several "outdoor" bouquets. Thanks for your kind words. Diane

• sara_ann-z6bok
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Diane - Should have gone with my first guess and I would have been right on guessing which one you meant. That rose is Pink Peace. I love it! Has good repeat bloom, always looks good and it smells wonderful!. And I thank you.

• rosybunny
    10 years ago

"I lined these up one morning, must have been bored." Hahaha...Sara-Ann you are too cute. ; )

Pat_Bama: Can you tell me the name of the lavender beauties in your second photo, and how they perform as cut flowers? Thank you.

Diane: How long do your Austins last as cut flowers??

• DrPekeMom
    10 years ago

I have some!!!

• DrPekeMom
    10 years ago

Here's another one.

• DrPekeMom
    10 years ago

Some more!

• DrPekeMom
    10 years ago

One last one

• sara_ann-z6bok
    Original Author
    10 years ago

DrPekeMom - Very nice, thanks for sharing!

• pat_bamaz7
    10 years ago

Beautiful bouquets everyone! Rosybunny, that's Royal Amethyst. It was new for me last year and has already become my best lavender. Grew to 5 ft tall its first season and was an absolute bloom machine...almost always completely covered in blooms, great fragrance and a good cut flower. It will blackspot in our humidity if not sprayed here.

• sara_ann-z6bok
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Pat - I am so glad those lavender roses in your bouquet are Royal Amethyst, that bouquet is gorgeous and I was wondering what they were too. I ordered that rose, because I like yours so much. Hopefully it will do good for me too.

• pat_bamaz7
    10 years ago

Sara Ann, Glad to enable :) I think you will love RA.

Sponsored
SK Interiors
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Loudoun County's Top Kitchen & Bath Designer I Best of Houzz 2014-2022