Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
bethnorcal9

Ok let's do the 'oddballs!' Tans, browns, greys, greens...

bethnorcal9
12 years ago

My favorite class!! Last yr was not a good yr for me. Not all of my oddballs gave me good blooms, and some of these are just not all that great. I'm really looking forward to this yr's blooms! Please disregard the weeds, deadheads and bugs... LOL

ACROPOLIS - several weeks along...

{{gwi:1209196}}

AMBERLIGHT

{{gwi:1209198}}

BELLE EPOQUE

{{gwi:1209201}}

BROWN STUDY

{{gwi:1209204}}

BROWN VELVET

{{gwi:1209206}}

CAFE

{{gwi:1209207}}

CHIPMUNK mini

{{gwi:1209208}}

COFFEE COUNTRY

{{gwi:1209209}}

CREME CARAMEL

{{gwi:1209211}}

DUSTY ROSE mini

{{gwi:1209213}}

HOT CHOCOLATE

{{gwi:1209216}}

HOT COCOA

{{gwi:1209219}}

IRISH CREME

{{gwi:1209223}}

KOKO LOCO

{{gwi:1209226}}

O'RILLA

{{gwi:1209228}}

RAINFOREST

REBECCA SUSAN

REMEMBER ME

RUSTY

SPICED COFFEE - in the mauve phase

TAWNY TIGER

TOM BROWN

Comments (12)

• inga007

Delightfull, each and every one of them.
    Thanks.

• inga007

Thanks.

• inga007

Thanks.

• dublinbay z6 (KS)
    12 years ago

Without a doubt--you have the best "oddballs" collection, beth. Wish I could run over and see them blooming in real life in your garden. Can't imagine what they look like. Guess Kansas to California is kind of a major trip, however. LOL

I look forward to seeing other oddballs too. Totally new category for me.

Kate

• kathy9norcal
    12 years ago

I hate to call Honey Dijon an oddball as it is a wonderful and beautiful rose. Its color like peanut butter or maybe mustard but in a nice way, I think.

• seil zone 6b MI
    12 years ago

I agree with Kate, you have the best oddballs, Beth! I wish my Rainforest had lived. It's so delicate looking.

Nothing odd about that Honey Dijon, Kathy, it's lovely!

I only have a couple.

Hot Cocoa

and Koko Loco

• TNY78
    12 years ago

oooh I love the odd balls! I usually go for oddball moderns, and very full & globular OGRs :) I have Acropolis coming fro Palantine this spring...very excited!

~Tammy

Spiced Coffee: newer plant and so far no bloom looks like the last
    {{gwi:1209253}}

The Green Rose
    {{gwi:1209255}}

Autumn Bliss
    {{gwi:1209257}}

Tom Brown
    {{gwi:1209259}}

Quatre Saisons Blanc Mousseux - mine is always very grey
    {{gwi:1209261}}

Tootsies Lounge
    {{gwi:1209263}}

Leading Lady-she's potted in partial shade and always has a green tint (excuse the caterpillar nibbles)
    {{gwi:1209265}}

Koko Loco
    {{gwi:1209267}}

Hot Cocoa (very jealous of how full everyone's elses are!)
    {{gwi:1209269}}

Hopscotch (terrible rose, infact I think it may have finally died this winter)
    {{gwi:1209271}}

Honey Dijon
    {{gwi:1209273}}

• dublinbay z6 (KS)
    12 years ago

No doubt about it--you people have some strangely attractive oddballs growing in your gardens. I bet lots of people stop and ask questions about them--they are so unusual.

Kate

• kathy9norcal
    12 years ago

OMG, I love the photos of Koko Loco. Is it commonly available, anyone?
    And, since some of you folks think Hot Cocoa is an oddball, I am going to post my oddest photo of it. Once upon a time, the right conditions prevailed and it looked like this. But this isn't the usual color scheme.

Most often, it is a red with purple edges, or maybe a burnt red orange. IMHO, it is pretty in any color it takes on.

• TNY78
    12 years ago

That is a very off color for hot cocoa Kathy! As for Koko Loco, it is a wonderful rose! Mine varies between lavender and tan. Also repeats well. I purchased mine last ear from Edmunds, but I think quite a few nurseries are carrying it this year.
    ~Tammy

• bethnorcal9
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Great roses everybody! I love the photos of KOKO LOCO too. Mine almost died and I'm so glad it didn't. Can't wait for it to bloom again this yr!!

Tammy I love your GREEN ROSE and AUTUMN BLISS. I got AB last yr but it didn't bloom yet. I can't wait to see it too!!

Kathy that's an amazing photo of HOT COCOA. Mine occasionally will get a bloom to look kinda like that, but not the whole bush. That's cool!

• seil zone 6b MI
    12 years ago

Tootsie is really cute, Tammy!

My Hot Cocoa has never been quite that lavender, Kathy, but I have had it look very gray/brown.

Sponsored
Wannemacher Interiors
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Customized Award-Winning Interior Design Solutions in Columbus, OH