Return to the Rose Gallery Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Do we have any "U" roses?

Posted by TNY78 7a-East TN (My Page) on
Thu, Feb 7, 13 at 23:16

I figure I'd start the "U" thread, since I'm guessing it will probably be a short one. I don't own a single "U" rose, but I do have an "Unidentified" found rose growing in an old lot behind my house...that's as close as I could get to a "U" Maybe if you don't have any "U" roses, you do have some unidentified roses too!

This is actually the rose that got me into OGRs. When I bought my house in 2007 this one was growing in the middle of some brush in a lot behind my house. My house was built in 2001, but the house on the lot behind me is probably over 100 year old, so who knows how long this rose has been there :) Kind of exciting...and so pretty!

Tammy

Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Do we have any "U" roses?

Tammy, gorgeous Unidentified beauty!

Yes, not so many U's here. I will show mine:

Uetersens Rosenkonigin

Umbra

I have lots of 'Unidentified', too. Just a few of them. May be somebody recognizes one or two...

This post was edited by the_dark_lady on Fri, Feb 8, 13 at 9:32

o

Love all the Unidentified beauties. hope you get some of the names.

o

All these mystery beauties are every bit as gorgeous as their identified sisters. The second yellow rose with the spiral, unopened center reminded me a bit of Julia Child, and the light apricot below it looks a little like Tamora. The fourth rose down, a dark pink with darker center is just stunning and one of my favorites. I hope some of mysteries end up being named. They are certainly worthy. How did you acquire yours, Marina? Diane

o

No "U" roses--not even "unidentified" ones. : (

Love all the unidentified ones above--some real beauties in there. Sorry--don't recognize any of them.

Kate

o

I only have a couple of "U" roses, but the pictures aren't all that great. The first is an OGR, Unique Panachee.

Unique Panachee-1 photo UniquePanachee-1_zps44149ddb.jpg

The other one is a shrub/climber, Ulmer Munster. It is actually a very good red rose for me.

Ulmer Munster-3 photo UlmerMunster-3_zpsea58ea2d.jpg

That's all I have for this group.

o

• Posted by seil z6b MI (My Page) on
    Fri, Feb 8, 13 at 17:50

Great idea, Tammy, and I love your unidentified rose!

Marina, you have a nice collection of un-IDed roses too!

I do have one U, the mini moss Unconditional Love
Unconditional Love photo ul2012_07090037.jpg

And this is my only unidentified one. It's a rooted cutting I did of my Aunt Gloria's rose bush. She's had it since some time in the late 1950s and can't remember any more what the name was so I just named it after her.

Aunt Gloria's Rose
Aunt Gloria's Rose photo ag2012_10190011_zpsf81aaaab.jpg

Aunt Gloria's Rose photo ag2012_07230019_zps64785e18.jpg

Aunt Gloria's Rose photo ag2012_10270002_zpsd8a73793.jpg

We've had guesses of Chrysler Imperial and Charlotte Armstrong but no sure thing yet.

o

• Posted by TNY78 7a-East TN (My Page) on
    Fri, Feb 8, 13 at 18:33

Here's three more of my "unknowns" This is kind of fun, except I don't have any guesses for anyone elses unknown roses!

Tammy

Photobucket

I thought maybe this was Rouletti for awhile, but now its gotten too tall :(
Photobucket

This one was a mislabeled Lavender Pinnochio. Its a once bloomer...Maybe The Bishop?
Photobucket

o

• Posted by beth NorCA 9 (My Page) on
    Mon, Feb 11, 13 at 11:56

Beautiful roses everybody! I have one "U" rose, UNICEF, but no pics so far. I do have a bunch of unidentified roses, but none worth posting! LOL

o

I have many Unknowns but only one proper U rose, Tantau's climber 'Uetersener Klosterrose'. I posted another picture of it in October.

o

Seil, I meant to tell you earlier that I really like your "Aunt Gloria rose"--whatever its name should be!

And Mariannese--your Tantau climber is a delicate beauty, indeed!

Kate

o

I love your Tantau climber, too, Mariannese, and wish more of their roses were available over here. Diane

o

Super delicious show of everyone's roses!!!

DarkLady, the only one I'm positive about is #6 - overlapping pointed petals pink sherbet blend.

#5 - Charles Darwin ?

#6 - Samaritan aka English Sonnet aka King Arthur aka Lawrence of Arabia

#10 - irreg red -- one of the Rennaisances, Isabelle or Nadia -- Fisherman's Friend ?

#12 - pink apricot blend -- Alychemist ?

#13 - is this the same as #6 ?

Last one #15 - lt. pink -- Pink Gruss an Aachen or A Generous Gardener

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Rose Gallery Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here