Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
bethnorcal9

Roses "W"

bethnorcal9
10 years ago

Well, just one more batch after this one. I'm anxious to finish it up cuz pretty soon we'll be posting this season's pics! Yippee!!

Anyway, here's the W's....

WEDDING BELLS
{{gwi:1209832}}

WHITE DELIGHT - first bloom on a replacement baby band plant
{{gwi:1209834}}

WORLD PEACE
{{gwi:1209836}}

WINTER SUNSET
{{gwi:1209838}}

WILD BLUE YONDER
{{gwi:1209839}}

WAIHEKE
{{gwi:1209841}}

WHISPER
{{gwi:1209843}}

WHITE DIAMOND
{{gwi:1209845}}

WHY NOT CERISE
{{gwi:1209846}}

WINNER'S CHOICE
{{gwi:1209847}}

WHITE MASTERPIECE
{{gwi:345791}}

WEDDING SONG

WANGUAFONG

WHITE GENE BOERNER
{{gwi:1204177}}

WHITE LICORICE - looking not-so-white

WHITE LIGHTNIN'
{{gwi:345790}}

WHITE MAJESTY

WORTHWHILE
{{gwi:350374}}

WALKING ON SUNSHINE
{{gwi:1208310}}

WILDFIRE

WELCOME HOME

WISE PORTIA

Comments (14)

• inga007
    10 years ago

A lovely and rich selection of W.
    It's sad to come to the end of lovely blooms and camaraderie.
    Now I'm looking forward to your 2014 blooms.
    Thank you, for taking the time to post and share the joy of your lovely blooms.

• dublinbay z6 (KS)
    10 years ago

I have a couple beauties here in the "W"s.

Well Being--Harkness shrub, starts out more reddish-flushed and becomes more yellow, even yellow white, at it matures. Lovely display of colors.
    {{gwi:312793}}

William Shakespeare 2000--the well-known beauty by Austin.
    {{gwi:223616}}

Two of my best!

Kate

• dublinbay z6 (KS)
    10 years ago

Oops--meant to comment on a couple of Beth's selections.

Love World Peace--I know most of the "peace" roses, but somehow had never seen that one. Lovely.

Winner's Choice and White Lighting are also very good-looking! White Lighting used to be rather generally available, but I don't remember seeing it much in recent years.

Kate

• pat_bamaz7
    10 years ago

Beth, Why Not Cerise...I love that name and the rose! Wanguafong is unusual and beautiful and White Masterpiece is looking quite masterful :)

Kate, Your Well Being looks absolutely lovely.

Wild Blue Yonder

White Licorice

We Salute You

• lesmc
    10 years ago

I would also like to thank you, Beth. This has been a life saver this winter. I have loved everyones photos. There is such beauty in this world and so many people on this forum work hard to share this. I hope to take more individual rose pictures so I can add mine next year. Thanks to all that took their time to participate. lesley

• surya55_gw
    10 years ago

Well, it's been a joy to browse through the whole alphabet of roses! Kudos to all of you rose growers out there! Thanks for the wonderful journey.

• seil zone 6b MI
    10 years ago

Nice collection, Beth! I like Winner's Choice and that crazy Wanguafong!

Kate, Well Being is lovely!

We Salute You is hot, Pat!

My "W"s

Wild Plum
    {{gwi:350325}}

And the very similar Winsome
    {{gwi:350326}}

Winter Sunset

• sara_ann-z6bok
    10 years ago

I love everyone's W roses!

Beth - Your World Peace is so beautiful, love those colors

Kate - Shakespeare 2000 is so pretty

Pat - I just love your White Licorice

Seil - Your Winter Sunset is just breathtaking!

• shillanorth Z4 AB
    10 years ago

My one and only - Winnipeg Parks.

• bethnorcal9
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Lovely pics everybody! We're still not quite done tho. Got one more batch. Heck... maybe I'll just go ahead and go do it and get it all finished up!

• redwolfdoc_z5
    10 years ago

I too want to say thank you to everyone... I have looked forward to these alphabet posts all winter long! Sad to see we're so close to the end! Can't wait to see this year's blooms!

Wise Portia is lovely, Beth. World Peace too. Pat, love that We Salute You and Seil, love your Winter Sunset. Shillanorth - Winnipeg Parks is gorgeous! What colour!

I know Wild Blue Yonder has been posted already, but here it is again. I can only hope mine grows into the glory that is yours, Pat!

I'm looking forward to this year's blooms and next year's alphabet - I should have quite a few more to post!

Karen

• nanadollZ7 SWIdaho
    10 years ago

Beth, I like the "dual" coloring of World Peace. You have lots of lovely whites, especially Whisper's creamy porcelain look, and the ruffly Wedding Song.
    Kate, the color progression and crisp, luscious petals of Well Being are so appealing.
    Pat, Wild Blue Yonder is a favorite of mine, and yours looks like it loves to bloom (more than mine). I like its ruffles and all the "petticoats" on White Licorice, too.
    Wild Plum and Winsome do look similar, Seil, with their lovely form and color. I love the subtle color sunset going on in the center of Winter Sunset.
    Shillanorth, Winnipeg Parks looks like a happy bloomer with its cheerful color. I'll bet it's really a cold hardy rose.
    Redwolfdoc, that's a gorgeous bunch of Wild Blue Yonder. It seems to be a favorite around here (I'll be posting mine in a minute!)
    Thanks for a look at all the wonderful Ws. Now it's on to XYZ and one last trip through everyone's gardens. It's been a lovely winter tour for me. Diane

• nanadollZ7 SWIdaho
    10 years ago

Here's my lone W, the ubiquitous Wild Blue Yonder. Diane

• nanadollZ7 SWIdaho
    10 years ago

And to stretch things out a bit, here's the top part of the 7-8 feet high WBY. Diane