Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
bethnorcal9

Roses "X-Y-Z"

bethnorcal9
10 years ago

Ok let's finish this up. Not too many left. but enough to go out with a bit of a bang!

X-RATED mini
{{gwi:1209909}}

YOUNG QUINN
{{gwi:1209910}}

YARDLEY ENGLISH ROSE
{{gwi:1209912}}

YELLOW BLAZE CL
{{gwi:1209914}}

YVES PIAGET
{{gwi:1209916}}

ZORINA
{{gwi:1209917}}

ZEBRA
{{gwi:1209918}}

Comments (12)

• dublinbay z6 (KS)
    10 years ago

Didn't know there was a yellow Blaze--attractive rose. And Zebra is a darling!

Sorry, but I have no "x-y-z"s to add. : (

Kate

• the_bustopher z6 MO
    10 years ago

Just for informational purposes, the rose sold as Yellow Blaze is actually cross-referenced as the Climbing Sun Flare floribunda.

• sara_ann-z6bok
    10 years ago

Beth - Young Quinn looks lovely and I like the Yellow Blaze and Zorina too. I would like to add that I appreciate all your efforts in the alphabet of roses. It has been a bright spot in a long winter season. It is especially fascinating to see your array of lovely and unique roses.

ZEPHIRINE DROUHIN

This post was edited by Sara-Ann on Sat, Mar 8, 14 at 13:46

• iris_gal
    10 years ago

'Zebra' has wonderful colors! Here's another 'Yves Piaget'. Which I had trouble capturing correctly. Hence the funny angle. (otherwise it photographed too pink and too light).

Yves Piaget - Mouchotte '83, romantica

• iris_gal
    10 years ago

Here's a prettier picture of Yves but not as your eyes see it. I couldn't capture the depth of color or it's unusual shade of pink. A very volutuous bloom.

Yves Piaget - not true color but shows a perfect bloom

• pat_bamaz7
    10 years ago

Another round of beautiful roses everyone! Only one I have is Zephirine Drouhin and it was new last year, so no picture yet.
    Beth, I, too, have thoroughly enjoyed your alphabet postings and seeing all your amazing roses. These threads along with Sara Ann's color threads and Lesley's missing my garden thread have really helped pass this crappy winter we've had. It's been great going back through all my pictures from last year, seeing everyone's beautiful postings and dreaming of blooms to come. Here's hoping that spring is near for everyone!

• seil zone 6b MI
    10 years ago

Lovely last hurrah, everyone!

There aren't really a lot of roses for these letters. I think probably "Y" has the most available. "X" is the worst! I have one of each.

X - X-rated

Y - Yantai

Z - Zenaitta

• Curdle 10a (Australia)
    10 years ago

Thank you so much, Beth, for " MC ing" ? the rose alphabet pics .
    The variety of your collection just amazes me. I'm glad there was a stripey in the final letter..Zebra is very cute.
    Gotta get at least one next bareroot season!

• sara_ann-z6bok
    10 years ago

Iris - Whether it is the true color or not, Yves Piaget is gorgeous! Seil - Love your X-rated. Some lovely roses at the end of the alphabet!

• bethnorcal9
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks everybody! And thanks to all who contributed their wonderful photos for us all to enjoy! Hopefully soon we will all be posting new pics of the coming season's blooms!

• dublinbay z6 (KS)
    10 years ago

Nice pic of X-rated, seil!

Kate

• organicgardendreams
    10 years ago

Just would like to thank Beth and everyone else, who took the time and posted photos in this winter's rose alphabet! I truly enjoyed each and any photo, and saw a lot of roses that where completely new to me, which is always most exciting!
    Christina

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!