Return to the Rose Gallery Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Roses "X-Y-Z"

Posted by beth NorCA 9 (My Page) on
Sat, Mar 8, 14 at 2:03

Ok let's finish this up. Not too many left. but enough to go out with a bit of a bang!

X-RATED mini
Image Hosting by PictureTrail.com

YOUNG QUINN

YARDLEY ENGLISH ROSE

YELLOW BLAZE CL

YVES PIAGET

ZORINA

ZEBRA

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Roses "X-Y-Z"

Didn't know there was a yellow Blaze--attractive rose. And Zebra is a darling!

Sorry, but I have no "x-y-z"s to add. : (

Kate

o

Just for informational purposes, the rose sold as Yellow Blaze is actually cross-referenced as the Climbing Sun Flare floribunda.

o

Beth - Young Quinn looks lovely and I like the Yellow Blaze and Zorina too. I would like to add that I appreciate all your efforts in the alphabet of roses. It has been a bright spot in a long winter season. It is especially fascinating to see your array of lovely and unique roses.

ZEPHIRINE DROUHIN

This post was edited by Sara-Ann on Sat, Mar 8, 14 at 13:46

o

'Zebra' has wonderful colors! Here's another 'Yves Piaget'. Which I had trouble capturing correctly. Hence the funny angle. (otherwise it photographed too pink and too light).

Yves Piaget - Mouchotte '83, romantica

o
Yves Piaget off color

Here's a prettier picture of Yves but not as your eyes see it. I couldn't capture the depth of color or it's unusual shade of pink. A very volutuous bloom.

Yves Piaget - not true color but shows a perfect bloom

o

Another round of beautiful roses everyone! Only one I have is Zephirine Drouhin and it was new last year, so no picture yet.
Beth, I, too, have thoroughly enjoyed your alphabet postings and seeing all your amazing roses. These threads along with Sara Ann's color threads and Lesley's missing my garden thread have really helped pass this crappy winter we've had. It's been great going back through all my pictures from last year, seeing everyone's beautiful postings and dreaming of blooms to come. Here's hoping that spring is near for everyone!

o

• Posted by seil z6b MI (My Page) on
    Sat, Mar 8, 14 at 22:18

Lovely last hurrah, everyone!

There aren't really a lot of roses for these letters. I think probably "Y" has the most available. "X" is the worst! I have one of each.

X - X-rated
X-Rated photo xr2013_06300021_zps1a2c2e2d.jpg

Y - Yantai
Yantai photo yan2013_08210002_zps5b0018c2.jpg

Z - Zenaitta
Zenaitta photo zen2013_08100057_zps00634daf.jpg

o

• Posted by curdle 9b, Australia (My Page) on
    Mon, Mar 10, 14 at 12:48

Thank you so much, Beth, for " MC ing" ? the rose alphabet pics .
The variety of your collection just amazes me. I'm glad there was a stripey in the final letter..Zebra is very cute.
Gotta get at least one next bareroot season!

o

Iris - Whether it is the true color or not, Yves Piaget is gorgeous! Seil - Love your X-rated. Some lovely roses at the end of the alphabet!

o

• Posted by beth NorCA 9 (My Page) on
    Mon, Mar 10, 14 at 21:42

Thanks everybody! And thanks to all who contributed their wonderful photos for us all to enjoy! Hopefully soon we will all be posting new pics of the coming season's blooms!

o

Nice pic of X-rated, seil!

Kate

o

Just would like to thank Beth and everyone else, who took the time and posted photos in this winter's rose alphabet! I truly enjoyed each and any photo, and saw a lot of roses that where completely new to me, which is always most exciting!
Christina

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Rose Gallery Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here