Houzz Logo Print
henrikslo

Clair Matin

henrikslo
14 years ago

Modern climber. Reblooms regulary , fragrant and quite

disease resistant . I can recomend this one to any garden

with modern style , it might look somewhat out of place

in oldfashioned garden , as 'Dortmund' does which I also used to grow.

{{gwi:1209976}}

Comments (15)

• bethnorcal9
    14 years ago

Beautiful!

• iris_gal
    14 years ago

I love medium pink climbers most of all. Peachy pink too. Lovely.

• henrikslo
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Thanks. Ingrid , Clair Matin would look great
    with all the roses you mentioned. I was thinking
    of old gallicas & albas , in my garden it just didn't
    look right next to them. In our climate , I can
    only dream about chinas and noisettes and musks.

Henrik

• zeffyrose
    14 years ago

Henri---CM is one of my favorite roses----My garden has been neglected and this rose just keeps blooming all summer---My blooms are a bit lighter than yours
    {{gwi:228750}}

the buds are a deeper pink
    {{gwi:243556}}

I love this rose----

Florence

• ingrid_vc so. CA zone 9
    14 years ago

Florence, thank you for the lovely additional pictures. It was you who enabled me to buy this rose with previous lovely photos and descriptions of its good qualities.

Henrik, you're quite right, I couldn't imagine this rose with the old European roses - so different in style and feel.

By the way, I'm so glad you joined our forum. I imagine you'd also feel very much at home at the antique rose forum, where I mostly post.

Ingrid

• zeffyrose
    14 years ago

Henri----I agree with Ingrid----stop over at the Antique Rose forum-----I think you would love it. I think CM looks good in a garden of old roses----I mix everything---you should see the inside of my home----nothing matches---all different kinds of dishes---LOL

Florence

• serenasyh
    14 years ago

waaah and waiiiil! if Henrik goes to the Antiques Forum we won't get to see him as often. I notice that once someone goes to the Antiques forum we don't get to see them as often.

I want him to stay HERE! LOL, lol! (yeah, I can be so obnoxiously selfish)!

• henrikslo
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Thank you all very much . It's nice to feel so welcome.
    I was a regular guest on this forum and ARF from
    1998-2001 if I remember correctly. I can still rememer
    some very nervous people and responses at the time , so
    I stoped posting in 2001. I'm glad to see how relax
    and cheerful this forum is now.
    Florence , your pictures of CM are beautiful. Mine are a
    bit to dark.

Henrik

• serenasyh
    14 years ago

LOL, well, let's say I want you HERE instead of the Antiques Rose Forum. I'm always pestering Boxofrox and you for your lovely roses. I just love our rose gallery because we can talk about life and lots of things at our Gallery, it is really like having a cup of tea and relaxing! and strolling through the gardens! Everyone who goes to the Antiques forum tend to disappear for long lengths of time which is so disappointing. If you disappear, it's like where did the rainbow disappear to????

I feel very lucky having you here at our Gallery! and I want to tell Ingrid and Florence, shhhh, don't say A.R.F! LOL! And just wait til Harold, Jim, and Boxofrox come back more regularly. They are one of the cheeriest people here with really fun personalities. It's still too cold for many people to come back to the Gallery January-March because their roses are not yet blooming or they've got other things that they're still sorting out. But once everyone's roses get to blooming we have tons of fun here! Christmas was also fun, because some of us still had blooms, while the rest of us got to share photos of Christmas lights, photos of cookies, and Lemon pie, haha!

Back to Clair Matin, I like both colors of yours and Florence's. Yours has great contrast! It's not dark! It's got contrast: honey and violet-pink, very beautiful.

• jim1961 / Central Pennsylvania / Zone 6
    14 years ago

Great looking climber there Hendrik!

• canadian_rose
    14 years ago

Wow!! How big are the blooms? They look pretty big. Love the colors.

Carol

• henrikslo
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Thank you Jim .
    Carol , you're right , they are quite big . But I'm not shure how it would do in your climate .

Henrik

• zeffyrose
    14 years ago

Serena----you gave me a big chuckle------I try to visit both this forum and ARF-----because I have both kinds of roses and always eager to learn something new--
    I love Henrik's beautiful garden and can't wait to see what he does with his new place---

Florence

• ramblinrosez7b
    14 years ago

Very very nice Henri!

Sponsored
EK Interior Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars5 Reviews
TIMELESS INTERIOR DESIGN FOR ENDLESS MEMORIES