Return to the Rose Gallery Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Clair Matin

Posted by henrikslo 7 EU (My Page) on
Sun, Mar 21, 10 at 2:48

Modern climber. Reblooms regulary , fragrant and quite
disease resistant . I can recomend this one to any garden
with modern style , it might look somewhat out of place
in oldfashioned garden , as 'Dortmund' does which I also used to grow.
Clair Matin 2
Clair Matin 1

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Clair Matin

• Posted by beth NorCA 9 (My Page) on
    Sun, Mar 21, 10 at 12:44

Beautiful!

o

I love medium pink climbers most of all. Peachy pink too. Lovely.

o

I'm so glad you posted this because this rose is arriving at the end of the month. I'm afraid though that I can't agree that it wouldn't be compatible with old roses. I'm actually planting it next to Glamis Castle and Sister Elizabeth, with Catherine Mermet, Mrs. Wood's Lavender Pink Noisette and Lavender Dream nearby. To me it seems like quite a versatile rose with its informal blooms. It will have an avocado tree behind it and a steep hill with trees and boulders, and I'm hoping it will look natural in that setting.

Beautiful pictures, and I especially love the second one.

o

Thanks. Ingrid , Clair Matin would look great
with all the roses you mentioned. I was thinking
of old gallicas & albas , in my garden it just didn't
look right next to them. In our climate , I can
only dream about chinas and noisettes and musks.

Henrik

o

Henri---CM is one of my favorite roses----My garden has been neglected and this rose just keeps blooming all summer---My blooms are a bit lighter than yours

the buds are a deeper pink

I love this rose----

Florence

o

Florence, thank you for the lovely additional pictures. It was you who enabled me to buy this rose with previous lovely photos and descriptions of its good qualities.

Henrik, you're quite right, I couldn't imagine this rose with the old European roses - so different in style and feel.

By the way, I'm so glad you joined our forum. I imagine you'd also feel very much at home at the antique rose forum, where I mostly post.

Ingrid

o

Henri----I agree with Ingrid----stop over at the Antique Rose forum-----I think you would love it. I think CM looks good in a garden of old roses----I mix everything---you should see the inside of my home----nothing matches---all different kinds of dishes---LOL

Florence

o

waaah and waiiiil! if Henrik goes to the Antiques Forum we won't get to see him as often. I notice that once someone goes to the Antiques forum we don't get to see them as often.

I want him to stay HERE! LOL, lol! (yeah, I can be so obnoxiously selfish)!

o
Forums

Thank you all very much . It's nice to feel so welcome.
I was a regular guest on this forum and ARF from
1998-2001 if I remember correctly. I can still rememer
some very nervous people and responses at the time , so
I stoped posting in 2001. I'm glad to see how relax
and cheerful this forum is now.
Florence , your pictures of CM are beautiful. Mine are a
bit to dark.

Henrik

o

LOL, well, let's say I want you HERE instead of the Antiques Rose Forum. I'm always pestering Boxofrox and you for your lovely roses. I just love our rose gallery because we can talk about life and lots of things at our Gallery, it is really like having a cup of tea and relaxing! and strolling through the gardens! Everyone who goes to the Antiques forum tend to disappear for long lengths of time which is so disappointing. If you disappear, it's like where did the rainbow disappear to????

I feel very lucky having you here at our Gallery! and I want to tell Ingrid and Florence, shhhh, don't say A.R.F! LOL! And just wait til Harold, Jim, and Boxofrox come back more regularly. They are one of the cheeriest people here with really fun personalities. It's still too cold for many people to come back to the Gallery January-March because their roses are not yet blooming or they've got other things that they're still sorting out. But once everyone's roses get to blooming we have tons of fun here! Christmas was also fun, because some of us still had blooms, while the rest of us got to share photos of Christmas lights, photos of cookies, and Lemon pie, haha!

Back to Clair Matin, I like both colors of yours and Florence's. Yours has great contrast! It's not dark! It's got contrast: honey and violet-pink, very beautiful.

o

• Posted by jim1961 5/6 central pa (My Page) on
    Tue, Mar 23, 10 at 14:55

Great looking climber there Hendrik!

o

Wow!! How big are the blooms? They look pretty big. Love the colors.

Carol

o

Thank you Jim .
Carol , you're right , they are quite big . But I'm not shure how it would do in your climate .

Henrik

o

Serena----you gave me a big chuckle------I try to visit both this forum and ARF-----because I have both kinds of roses and always eager to learn something new--
I love Henrik's beautiful garden and can't wait to see what he does with his new place---

Florence

o

Very very nice Henri!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Rose Gallery Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here