Return to the Rose Gallery Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Spring has sprung II

Posted by iris_gal z9 CA (My Page) on
Tue, Mar 18, 14 at 3:56

Chicago Peace --- on my top 10 for beauty. The peachy tones are more prominent - not being picked up.
 photo ChicagoPeaceIMG_0286640wide_zpsc81089c1.jpg

Heirloom --- past 2 years has not had the deep color contrast. Looks wonderful with deep purple salvia.
 photo HeirloomIMG_0211640wide_zps8ed8d9e4.jpg

Heritage --- I'm lukewarm on this rose. Probably because blooms shatter oh so quickly.
 photo HeritagenancIMG_01898shpor88p640wide_zps76ebb6dc.jpg

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Spring has sprung II

Jealous. *le sigh*

Meanwhile, in Virginia...

o

• Posted by beth NorCA 9 (My Page) on
    Tue, Mar 18, 14 at 13:56

Pretty blooms! Irisgal, are you sure that's HEIRLOOM? I've never seen one that pale lavender before. Is it a sport?

o

Avia, what a cute picture with the shape of the melting snow and that bright yellow daff. popping thru.

No Beth, I'm not sure. Here's the flower when I bought it.
Could it be 'Paradise'? I'll root around to see if the tag is there.

o

I was actually thinking the same thing regarding the Heirloom. The next image does look more like Paradise.

Lynn

o

The last picture sure looks like Paradise. Love the colors!!

I agree with you about Chicago Peace - I don't keep roses around without scent - but the scentless Chicago Peace is one I'll always have - the flowers are just THAT beautiful!!! Your picture is just lovely!!
Carol

o

Such a vision--of spring-to-come (I can hope). That Chicago Peace is wonderful!

Haven't even arrived at the daffodil stage yet. Charming winter daffodil pic, Avia.

Kate

o

OK. Must be 'Paradise'. I get the two mixed up and cannot locate a tag. Thank you for straightening me out. And thank you for the nice comments.

The yellow daffodil looks great after 'Heritage' so I am going to relocate some. The common pale, multi-bloom one does nothing for it. Out!

o

Hmmm. The first picture of the mystery purple looks like Stainless Steel. The second, Paradise. LoL. Can you get a shot of the leaves Iris_gal? It'll be much easier to identify with a shot of the leaves. :)

o

Avia Star, Iooking at your Daffy made me smile. I just planted one yesterday, and it brings a lot of springtime joy! haha Along with the primrose and pansys.

Iris Gal, I'm smitten with your Chicago Peace photo. I have one on top of my washing machine ready to be planted this spring! Tra...la...la...la. Life is good!!

Thanks for sharing. :o)

o

• Posted by seil z6b MI (My Page) on
    Fri, Mar 21, 14 at 18:35

Lovely, Iris!

Avia, I'd be thrilled if I had a daff open here. Mine are just starting to poke up out of the ground.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Rose Gallery Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here