Return to the Rose Gallery Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Belle Story Bloom Progression

Posted by aimeekitty Zone 9, SW 18, SoCal (My Page) on
Wed, Mar 17, 10 at 12:24

Per ya'lls advice, I clipped all but one of the buds off my new baby roses, except Belle Story, which was a larger plant (5 gall). There's buds all over her, but this is the first one to full bloom.
I took each photo at about the same time of day, a day apart. I love how the bloom changes from hotpink at the bud to a soft peachy pink as it opens.

I guess I need to go to the nursery and check to see if I need to fertilize again or something, soon... been so busy!!
My bare roots have a few leaves and leaf-buds on them. This one is Cl. Eden (from Austin)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Belle Story Bloom Progression

Isn't it amazing what comes from such a small bud? Beautiful.
Kathy

o

Very pretty

o

I am amazed by the beauty unfolding. Really amazed!! What a gorgeous bud!!! That is my fav color for roses!!! If I ever find it here, I am going to get it. I've always been intrigued by Belle Story, but now, I'm a woman on a mission - I must get this rose!!!

Carol

o

Thanks so much you guys!

Carol, I fell in love with Luanne Wilson's Belle Story on this forum, so I had to get it!
http://pics.livejournal.com/aimeekitty/pic/0008t2z6

I really like the color of the flower (with the yellow base kindof like tiffany) and the shape of the rose is very full, open and round.... love the petals, too!

o

Ooh la. This rose is one I've been attracted to. More pictures when she's in full bloom. Please.

o

iris_gal, here's a few more pics of Belle Storey!

o

• Posted by jim1961 5/6 central Pa (My Page) on
    Tue, Mar 23, 10 at 14:05

Looks great!

o

Very pretty Aimee! Celeste says Belle Story is one of her bees' favorites. Hope you will have honeybees enjoying your rose! I am hoping that mine will enjoy my new antique roses...

o

thanks! that sounds lovely! :D

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Rose Gallery Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here