Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
the_dark_lady

Another interesting 2013 seedling

the_dark_lady
11 years ago

This is another 2013 seedling (no parentage information and no idea of who might be the mother). This is the first bloom, actually a cluster of seven buds.
Shows some color a little bit, hopefully in a day or two, will open.

Comments (12)

• seil zone 6b MI
    11 years ago

Is it open yet?

• the_dark_lady
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Nope, taking it's sweet time :)
    I am checking it every hour :)

• TNY78
    11 years ago

Definitly getting inspired to try growing from seed this coming year! I can't wait to see what this one turns out to look like :)

Tammy

• the_dark_lady
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Tammy, I am sure you will enjoy it a lot! Just don't sweat too much over it - consider it a pleasant activity to make winter seem shorter:))) That's what I do.

Here is a progression of the seven-bud spray. It is opening slooooooowly.

This three photos are of (supposedly) 'Ebb Tide's baby, the one with eleven buds on it.

And this is a new one. Just beginning to open. I like the delicate apricot color.

• seil zone 6b MI
    11 years ago

These are all so lovely, Marina! Can't wait to see the open blooms!

• the_dark_lady
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Finally, seven-bud seedling opened it's first flower. I am almost positive that this is 'Blue for You's baby.
    Color is delicate pinkish-lavender, much lighter than it's parent's. Same warm clove fragrance.

Also, 'apricot' bud opened today. Cute, but does not make your heart skip a bit:))) The fragrance is strong and spicy, very pleasing.

This post was edited by the_dark_lady on Sun, Mar 31, 13 at 10:59

• socks
    11 years ago

Edd Tide's baby--stunning! Wow!

• TNY78
    11 years ago

The two new ones are adorable too! I love lavender, so that Blue For You seedling calls to me :)

Tammy

• the_dark_lady
    Original Author
    11 years ago

My eleven-bud 'Ebb Tide's seedling continues to open it's blooms. Today's photo.

The 'Blue for You' baby still holds to it's first flower, the other buds are about to open. As you can see, the color faded quite a bit, but still is very attractive.

And this is a completely new seedling, showing phototrophy

And this is the peachy pink seedling - faded and completely opened. Looks like a daisy:)

This post was edited by the_dark_lady on Tue, Apr 2, 13 at 15:17

• Krista_5NY
    11 years ago

What beautiful blooms and buds, thanks for sharing.

• nanadollZ7 SWIdaho
    11 years ago

I love seeing more of these intriguing photos. The purple bloom still is my favorite. Ebb Tide must be a prolific parent. Thanks, Marina. Diane

• gryhwk2330
    11 years ago

These are gorgeous! You're making me drool... How old are these seedings? You're making me want to try rising some myself!

Sponsored
Snider & Metcalf Interior Design, LTD
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars23 Reviews
Leading Interior Designers in Columbus, Ohio & Ponte Vedra, Florida