Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
hoovb

New climbing rose 'Lunar Mist'

Here's a new climber in the yard, 'Lunar Mist', which is a pale yellow/ivory sport of 'Colette'. I think it will have fuller flowers and fragrance once it is a more established plant. I thought it was a new rose, but it seems to have been around, not much sold, since '95 as 'Yellow Romantica'.

Baby 18" tall plant with 65+ buds. That many buds on a baby plant is always a promising sign of a good bloomer. We'll see what happens. It will be fun to compare the baby plant with the big climber it will be come in a few years.

Comments (15)

• ingrid_vc so. CA zone 9
    16 years ago

Gail, that's a very lovely rose and I'm awestruck by the number of buds and blooms. That does seem a promise of great things to come. I hope you post pictures again later in the year. I'm curious to see how much rebloom there is. Thanks so much for sharing this beauty, especially since it's not well-known. It has a very nice "new" name.

Ingrid

• Prettypetals_GA_7-8
    16 years ago

It really is pretty. Its so soft and makes you think of spring. All those buds are amazing. Definitely get a picture when all those babies burst open. Judy

• katefisher
    16 years ago

I love it! My gosh so pretty. May I ask where it came from?

Thank you.

Kate

• seil zone 6b MI
    16 years ago

Very pretty, hoovb, nice soft yellow and lovely old rose form. Any fragrance?

• carla17
    16 years ago

Hoov, lovely rose. I'm more interested in your dripping circles. Mine are little sprinklers and wish I had the circles. Do you mind telling me where you purchased them. I'm SURE I will need add ons.

Thanks,
    Carla

• jean_ar
    16 years ago

oh thats a very pretty one.I love yellows anyway.Hope it grows good for you with lots of blooms.

Jean

• hoovb zone 9 sunset 23
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Thanks for looking at the pictures and all the kind comments!

May I ask where it came from?
    It's a Meilland rose from Star (wholesaler). I got it at the local nursery.

Any fragrance?
    It is supposed to be fragrant. Young roses in my yard usually have no fragrance until the 2nd year. Could be the pH of the soil--it takes some getting use to.

I'm more interested in your dripping circles.
    That is plain old 1/4" soaker hose (made from recycled rubber) connected to the drip system, stopped at the end with a goof plug. I get the soaker hose at Lowe's or OSH.

• katefisher
    16 years ago

Thanks Hoov. Cannot wait to see more of Lunar Mist. Just lovely.

Kate

• canadian_rose
    16 years ago

WoW!! What a producer!! You done good!!!

Carol

• sandinmyshoesoregon
    14 years ago

I'm curious. How did this rose do for you?

• carla17
    14 years ago

I like the name too Hoov. Really lovely rose!

Carla

• zjw727
    10 years ago

How did this turn out for you? I have Colette, which is supposed to be the sport parent of this. Mine seems to be having a rough time, but my mother has one also, and it's THRIVING! Did this ever develop much of a scent?

• amberroses
    10 years ago

I planted Lunar Mist about 4 months ago. So far it hasn't had any black spot at all. I'd heard that it and Colette were very resistant to some strains of black spot and very susceptible to others. Fingers crossed, I think I have the "right" kind of black spot for Lunar Mist.

• seil zone 6b MI
    10 years ago

Lovely rose and it looks like it's going to be a really good one too!

• iris_gal
    10 years ago

How did I miss this!!! Love it.

The shape of the bloom does look just like Colette.

Sponsored
Bella Casa LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars17 Reviews
The Leading Interior Design Studio in Franklin County