Return to the Rose Gallery Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Princess Alexandra of Kent and Lady Elsie May roses

Posted by vickysgarden (My Page) on
Wed, Mar 7, 12 at 16:14

Hello, I have a very healthy, very vigorous Lady Elsie May rose that doesn't go with much in my garden! Does anyone know if Princess Alexandra of Kent David Austin rose would look good next to it? The colors in the pictures I've seen seem to be similar....that coral, slightly orangey pink.

While we're on the subject of colors, do you think Munstead Wood DA rose would go well alongside a light pink...say, St. Swithun? It is so beautiful in the pictures, but it seems like it, too, may be hard to place in the garden.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Princess Alexandra of Kent and Lady Elsie May roses

Funny you should ask, I'm about two days away from my first spring flush of my new PAK and Munstead Wood roses. I will try to report back my observations.

o

It's a medium warm pink. The under side of the petals is darker than the top. Here it is with Souvenir de la Malmaison.

Photobucket

Photobucket

o

Thanks so much for taking the time to post these beautiful photos!! I think I will place Munstead Wood next to St. Swithun, a light pink, rather than the medium pink Princess Alexandra. Photos do help, as a picture is worth a thousand words. Thanks much!

o

Thanks for showing us Princess Alexandra of Kent. I've had my eye on her since she first made her debut. Keep us posted on her progress throught the season (like disease-resistance)--OK? Thanks.

Kate

o

Lovely photos.

I like..... :>)

o

Here's a picture of Munstead too. I forgot to post it.

Photobucket

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Rose Gallery Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here