Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ron_and_susan

A pic of a new rose--Hey Jack

ron_and_susan
11 years ago

This is the first bloom out of the greenhouse. If you want a good orange this one's for you.---Ron
M

Comments (14)

• seil zone 6b MI
    11 years ago

Wowzer! That's bright! It must be new there's no pic of it yet on HMF. You should post this over there.

• ken-n.ga.mts
    11 years ago

Beautiful. I need another good orange to go with Snuffy and Sun Struck. Bloom size?? Foliage?? I like the color and bloom form.

• inga007
    11 years ago

Should have worn my shades.. .:>)
    What a lovely, intense colour.
    I adore orange roses.

• dublinbay z6 (KS)
    11 years ago

Bright orange is not my color, but if I were in to it, that one would be a winner! Wowzers!

Kate

• the_bustopher z6 MO
    11 years ago

This is a nice picture, but I do have a question. Hey Jack is listed as a yellow blend HT. The picture of it on the K & M site shows it as yellow with orange edging. In that respect, it resembles Sunsation/Veldfire. Your picture isn't showing much yellow. Is it that orange, or is it just the camera angle? Also, is it showing reasonably good show form? I'm curious, and I really like hot orange roses because they show up in the garden quite well, especially like Kordes' Brillant. Just quite curious.

• ron_and_susan
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Ken --This is the first bloom on this plant so you see it like I see it. As soon as I get it to the garden I can answer these questions better

The bustopher-- This is the only bloom (The color maybe is "Hot" orange, but that maybe due to being in greenhouse) that I have to judge on..

• kathy9norcal
    11 years ago

I was sure it would be a pink one--hah. I love orange roses, anad I will be glad to hear about how it does for you. I just can't resist a good orange rose ( heat-resistant, lots of blooms).

• ron_and_susan
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Here is "Hey Jack" fully open. --Ron

• jim1961 / Central Pennsylvania / Zone 6
    11 years ago

Nice rose! Second pic looks alittle more yellow to me...

• Ronn Bonites
    11 years ago

It's bright orange colour when fully opened somehow reminds me of carrots.

Any fragrance on this one?

• ron_and_susan
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Resolute Noir-- It does not have any Fragrance.--Ron

• JuanaJennifer
    11 years ago

Wow how beautiful flowers like floralmachine.com

• jktx55
    10 years ago

Thanks to both of you for sharing your great pics.
    Jack

• Anam.l
    10 years ago

the image of the rose is nice and depicting a new blooming flower which is representing the nice growth of the plants and flowers in a green house.

www.totalmush.com
    this is an informative and helpful plants forum, do visit and join for more benefits for your plants.

Sponsored
Carl Williamson Designs, LLC
Average rating: 4.6 out of 5 stars10 Reviews
Nationally Acclaimed Interior Designer | 2x Best of Houzz