Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
bethnorcal9

Roses "T"

bethnorcal9
10 years ago

We're getting closer to the end. But... just think... soon we'll be posting photos of this yr's blooms! Yippee!!

Here we go....

TROIKA
{{gwi:1213871}}

TYRIUS
{{gwi:1213872}}

TIGRESS
{{gwi:1213873}}

TIKI
{{gwi:1213874}}

TOM BROWN
{{gwi:1213875}}

TRADE WINDS
{{gwi:1213876}}

THE IMPOSTER
{{gwi:1213877}}

THE MCCARTNEY ROSE
{{gwi:1213878}}

THE NIGHTWATCH

THE TEMPTATIONS

TABOO

TANGERINE STREAMS

TANTARRA

TATTON

TAWNY TIGER

TARDE GRIS
{{gwi:262570}}

THE THANKSGIVING ROSE
{{gwi:344499}}

TWICE IN A BLUE MOON
{{gwi:348241}}

TEA TIME
{{gwi:1204843}}

TIVOLI GARDENS
{{gwi:1208309}}

TERRACOTTA
{{gwi:346340}}

TITANIC

TIFTON

TYPHOON

THE LADY

THE CHESHIRE REGIMENT

TEQUILA SUNRISE

TOP NOTCH

TOURNAMENT OF ROSES
{{gwi:350373}}

TABLE MOUNTAIN

Comments (19)

• pat_bamaz7
    10 years ago

Out of all your beautiful "Ts", I think I was most drawn to The Imposter and Tawny Tiger. I'm blaming you and Seil for my sudden affection for singles...lol.

I think I only have one "T":

Touch of Class (with a photo bomb by Rio Samba)

• nanadollZ7 SWIdaho
    10 years ago

I think some of your odder roses appealed to me this time around, Beth, like the weird Tom Brown. Love that brown center. The murky and mysterious Taboo got me, too. Of course Tea Time is a Tantau favorite, but the less opened bloom made it seem like a different rose, instead of the stuffed Tea Time I'm used to seeing in photos. Thanks for posting these many interesting Ts.
    Pat, Touch of Class is gorgeous, but I think the "bomb" is kind of cute. Some roses just can't stay out of pictures when a camera is around.
    Diane

• nanadollZ7 SWIdaho
    10 years ago

Here are my Ts. The first is The Prince. Diane

• nanadollZ7 SWIdaho
    10 years ago

Next is Tamora. Diane

• nanadollZ7 SWIdaho
    10 years ago

And finally, is Twilight Zone, showing some quartering. Diane

• sara_ann-z6bok
    10 years ago

Some nice T roses everyone. It's always fun to see all your unique roses, Beth. Several really caught my eye. Troika is lovely and The Imposter and Tawny Tiger are very unique, but I like them all. Pat - Lovely Touch of Class, it is a good rose. Diane, I really like The Prince and am very excited to see what my Twilight Zone will do, I love yours. I have three I am going to post.

TROPICANA

• sara_ann-z6bok
    10 years ago

TEQUILA

• sara_ann-z6bok
    10 years ago

And one of my all time favorites -

TIFFANY

• dublinbay z6 (KS)
    10 years ago

Here come the "T"s. Fortunately for me, a lot of Austin's begin with "The."

The Wedgwood Rose--Austin climber, first year, not too floriferous yet.
    {{gwi:217624}}

The Pilgrim--Austin climber, first year, not too floriferous yet
    {{gwi:216262}}

Hopefully in the next year or two, both of these climbers will be showboats!

Kate

• neptune44
    10 years ago

Tequila Sunrise evolution

Tequila

• seil zone 6b MI
    10 years ago

I like several of the "THE" roses best, Beth, The Imposter, The Temptations (I am a MOTOWN girl after all, lol). The Thanksgiving Rose, and The Cheshire Regiment are my favorites.

Pat, I'm jealous! I tried to grow Touch of Class twice and both times it didn't winter for me :(

Nana, you really caught the deep purple of Twilight Zone!

Ooo, Tropicana is HOT, Sara!

Your Austin's are both lovely, Kate!

Neptune, I love seeing bloom progression photos like yours!

I have four "T" roses

Tattooed Lady

Teddy Bear

Trump Card
    {{gwi:238461}}

Tuscan Sun

• iris_gal
    10 years ago

Beth, what a perfect bloom on 'Tea Time' and great shade of orange.
    Some neat shades of orange-pinks. Meilland sure used the name 'Tequila' a lot. Excellent pictures of it. Guess it would be the one HMF lists as being prior to 2003 ?? Good to see the group shot Neptune.
    But 'The Lady' became my favorite when I looked her up on HMF. Gorgeous blend of yellow and pink. Is she a decent performer Beth?

Nice shot of 'Tiffany' Sara-Ann. I've never been able to get a good one of her. Yours is so pretty.
    Pat's 'Touch of Class' is one elegant rose I'd love to find a place for. I didn't realize she was bred in France.
    Seil ~ your 'Trump Card' is wonderful. I lost 'Solitude' (drats!) and so tempted to replace with this one.
    The Austins. They are like chocolate covered macademias to me. Cannot resist one more. Thanks Nanadoll and Dublinbay.
    Didn't mean to ramble on. So many beauties. Thanks everyone!

• iris_gal
    10 years ago

'Tournament of Roses' is my only T. Whenever I saw this rose in a mixed bouquet I always asked about it. When I saw it in a garden, I didn't see it. So I bought it only for bouquets as it combined so nicely and lasts. It's a vigorous healthy rose here. But not a garden presence if you know what I mean.

Tournament of Roses - Warriner'88, grandiflora

• sara_ann-z6bok
    10 years ago

Kate - the Pilgrim is a lovely rose. Neptune - Your Tequila is very nice. Seil - Thank you. Your Tuscan Sun is gorgeous. Irisgal - Thank you too. Your Tournament of Roses looks lovely and healthy. I used to have that one and it bloomed fairly well and I liked the blooms, but it was never vigorous.

• aviastar 7A Virginia
    10 years ago

I always seem to miss the beginning of these threads, but I have a T that hasn't been shown yet!

The Imposter really catches my eye, beth! And wow, iris, you're photo of Tournament is simply enchanting!

Here's Talisman:

• iris_gal
    10 years ago

Avia, I love your 'Talisman'. How big does it get? And is it true the blooms blow in one day? Anything you can tell me about it is appreciated. TIA

• bethnorcal9
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Wow Aviastar, that TALISMAN is gorgeous! I've tried countless plants over the yrs, and finally have one that made it last yr. I can't wait to see it looking like that!

• aviastar 7A Virginia
    10 years ago

Thank you, iris and beth!

I can't speak to size quite yet, this guy was new to me last year. But he put on about 3-4 feet of growth in the first season. The blooms were large, ranging from 4-6 inches. I'm excited to see what he'll do in the next few years!

I have not noticed that the blooms were blowing particularly quickly. Certainly, I had them in a vase for several days, easily. Granted, our summer in VA last year was very cool and wet; this summer will be the test of bloom endurance.

I do feel, though, that is was a good test of blackspot resistance- we were wet all summer! Talisman had none; she gets a healthy breeze that I think helped.

I highly enjoyed Talisman's scent; I'm pretty new to roses so I'm not well versed in the subtle varieties of the scents, but it was very rosey and noticeable, not overwhelming to my nose.

My husband asked me to find padparascha colored roses; I think Talsiman was one of my closest finds. Really lovely blended orange and pink, and I was fascinated by the veining of color in the petals.

Here's a fully open bloom in a vase:

• iris_gal
    10 years ago

Just as yummy. Love it.

Sponsored
Kuhns Contracting, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Central Ohio's Trusted Home Remodeler Specializing in Kitchens & Baths