Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
decobug6b

Show us your rose trees (standards)

Show us your tree roses 'the whole tree'...

Mary Rose

{{gwi:303085}}

Comments (18)

• canadian_rose
    16 years ago

That's beautiful!!! I love standards, but I'm not into winter protecting them. I can't wait to see all the pictures that come! Great topic!

Carol

• aprilscott12
    16 years ago

BEAUTIFUL!! I just bought that rose this year in bush form. Can't WAIT for it to bloom for sure now!! TOO TOO pretty! I bought 2 tree roses last year and unfortunately they both died. boo hoo. I have a knockout one that I got this year that so far is looking great! April

• carla17
    16 years ago

Before I officially stop ordering, I must have two Tree roses, always loved them. Deco, can you recommend two that are great and can take hot afternoon sun?

Carla

• Jean Marion (z6a Idaho)
    Original Author
    16 years ago

I have no idea Carla... :)

I've had a Fairy tree rose, iceberg tree rose, and I've seen good specimens of Playboy and Knockout tree roses... I'm in a different zone, so I worry more about cold than heat here...

I just saw some at the nursery, double knockout tree roses... I wonder what they will look like in full bloom...

If I bought one it would probably be the Playboy one or a miniature rose like Pappu's Electric Blanket tree roses...

• hoovb zone 9 sunset 23
    16 years ago

That Mary Rose is stunning!!!

Here is Renae. I need to get a new picture of it. It looks better now, the spring flush should be really prime so I'll get a shot then. Yes those dreadful strips of that awful green plastic tape are gone. This is an old picture with the old camera.

{{gwi:220090}}

• seil zone 6b MI
    16 years ago

I have a Baby Blanket standard I got at Costco last spring. It bloomed quite well and filled out nicely.

{{gwi:1214068}}

{{gwi:1214069}}

It's in the shed for the winter. I hope it survives. I check it monthly for moisture and it's still has green cane on it.

• evie1955
    16 years ago

Just took the pic, will start blooming soon. It's a Trumpeter...

• carla17
    16 years ago

Evie, mind telling me where you got the Trumpeter? Please post pictures when it blooms. I have looked at the rose Trumpeter before for a pretty orange.

Carla

• evie1955
    16 years ago

Carla,

I bought 2 of them almost 3 years ago from Lowe's.

This is the first there they've been transplanted and heavily pruned.

Trumpeter is a floribunda so produces in clusters as well as singles.

• evie1955
    16 years ago

If you go to the link below and type in M15117 for the search, you'll be able to purchase a Trumpeter Tree Rose:)

Here is a link that might be useful: QVC

• evie1955
    16 years ago

Here's a pic of the same tree about 11 months ago... As you can see, it needed a good pruning and to be repotted.

• carla17
    16 years ago

Thank you Evie.
    I think it is more red than I thought.

Carla

• pappu
    16 years ago

Electric Blanket..pics are from last spring, they are looking good this year even though I left them out over the winter

{{gwi:303087}}

• evie1955
    16 years ago

Very, Very nice pappu.

• kathy9norcal
    16 years ago

I am having trouble finding my photos of the whole standard. Here are a few I located,

Black Cherry in its second year,

Citrus Tease last April,
    {{gwi:303089}}
    again in July,

Our Lady of Guadalupe has "spring" flushes all summer long. Here it is in August.
    {{gwi:242342}}

Kathy

• Jean Marion (z6a Idaho)
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Our Lady of Guadalupe looks perfect!

I found a lady on HMF who has a lot of rose tree photos...

I especially like her rosarium uetersen rose tree, and many others...

Here is a link that might be useful: Marianna Malik rose tree photos

• Prettypetals_GA_7-8
    16 years ago

Their all gorgeous!!!! I want to get more and more!!

• evie1955
    16 years ago

Newsest pic.