Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
bethnorcal9

Roses 'S'

bethnorcal9
14 years ago

Just a few of the "S's." I'm tryin' to get this done before the new season's blooms start popping out!! Cuttin' it close I think. I'm seein' buds all over the place!

Here we go....

SAFARI (FREELANDER)

{{gwi:1214620}}

SALLY KANE

{{gwi:1214622}}

SAMARITAN

{{gwi:1214623}}

SCENTED MEMORY

{{gwi:1214624}}

SECRET

{{gwi:1214625}}

SERENDIPITY

{{gwi:1214626}}

{{gwi:1214627}}

SHERLOCK HOLMES

{{gwi:1214628}}

SHERRY

{{gwi:1214629}}

SHOWTIME

{{gwi:1214630}}

SIGHTSAVER

{{gwi:1214631}}

SOLITUDE

{{gwi:1214632}}

SOUTH AFRICA

{{gwi:340755}}

SOUTHERN BREEZE

{{gwi:1214633}}

SPANISH RHAPSODY

{{gwi:1214634}}

STRETCH JOHNSON

STUNNING

SUNSTRUCK

SUPERSTITION

Here is a link that might be useful: My Albums

Comments (8)

• henrikslo
    14 years ago

Droool....Samaritan , Serendipity...
    Please Beth , tell me something about these two.

Henrik

• iris_gal
    14 years ago

Drooling here too. How have I missed some of these?! Should be going to bed with a rose book instead of a mystery. SUPERSTITION open looks like the petticoat Rhett brought to Mamie. No it was red.

• dove_song
    14 years ago

Ha, funny, Iris Gal! :)

Oh, Bethie, you have brought so much joy to us!! Fab photos. My fave of these is Solitude. Thanks for carrying us through the cold, colorless months. Girl, you are a pearl beyond price!! :)

Debbie

• the_bustopher z6 MO
    14 years ago

The Samaritan and Showtime look rather good. Superstition looks interesting. Thanks for posting all the pictures you have posted. You are lucky you have some spring going out there. We got about 7 inches of snow this weekend, but it will probably all melt in the next day or two.

• bethnorcal9
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Henrik, SERENDIPITY is a lovely Griffith Buck rose classed as an "orange" blend. It's mostly apricots and pink tones with some yellow and cream. Grows tall and lanky, almost like a climber. The blooms are beautiful in the early stages and blow quite fast, but still look lovely, as you can see above. Sorry, don't know about scent. SAMARITAN is a Harkness floribunda that goes by many other names... ENGLISH SONNET, KING ARTHUR, FRAGRANT SURPRISE and LAWRENCE OF ARABIA. It's a wonderful rose that has lots of blooms and repeats very well, reaching an average (for me) of 2.5ft wide and 4ft high. It does get some powdery mildew and blackspot in the early season if it's a rainy one. And once again, I don't remember the scent. I always tell everybody fragrance is not a big priority for me. I enjoy the visual beauty of the rose more.

Iris gal, SUPERSTITION is a florist rose some of us got from Carltons a couple yrs before they closed up. Cliff at Eurodesert Roses had it on his availability list the last few months. Not sure if he still does tho. He's selling out of the good ones pretty fast. I love that rose. It's not the greatest repeater, but when it blooms, OMG! It's just soooo beautiful!

Thanks Debbie. It's my pleasure! I love to show everybody all the wonderful roses that you might not be aware exist. I will try this season to log scents as the roses come into bloom. It's something I keep saying I'm going to do, but always seem to forget. I think it's mostly because I rarely bring the roses indoors. I prefer to enjoy them outside in the garden.

Thanks Bustopher! Hey, believe it or not, our winter season isn't officially over yet here. It's been known to snow here as late as May, altho that was many many yrs ago. But snow in April isn't all that unheard of either. It's usually only a day or two's worth, but it could happen!! I certainly hope not tho!! I'm more than ready for spring and summer!!

• canadian_rose
    14 years ago

Superstition, Stunning (MY FAV!!!), South Africa and Sherry are my favs!!!

Stunning is a perfect name for that rose!!! Gosh, I just love it!!!!

Thanks!!!!!!!!

Carol

• lookin4you2xist
    14 years ago

solitude and spanish rhapsody are very nice also
    Andrew

• jean_ar
    14 years ago

Wow, Beth, These are all gorgeous, too.I love them oranges,and your Secret is beautiful.

Jean

Sponsored
Fineline Deck Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars11 Reviews
Women Owned Construction Company Specializing in High Quality Decks