Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
hosenemesis

Roses today

hosenemesis
12 years ago

Henry Fonda with nasturtiums, Julia Child and Marmalade Skies with irises and paludosum daisies. I love spring.

Comments (16)

• inga007
    12 years ago

Colourful, diversified and very cheerful.

• Lilyfinch z9a Murrieta Ca
    12 years ago

Your pictures are just beyond beautiful! I forwarded them ( a different thread you posted recently) to my mom, who replied, "well now my own garden may as well be a dump! " lol I love those little daisies and will be keeping an eye out for them. You truly are so very talented!!!

• mountainrose
    12 years ago

Lovely pictures showing a garden with beauty, balance, and harmony.

• msjam2
    12 years ago

O M G!!! So beautiful!!!!!!!

• strawchicago z5
    12 years ago

Those little white daisies are so cute! I threw some Alaska tall daisy seeds in my clay soil 12 years ago, and they are everywhere! I prefer the short little ones like yours.

• serenasyh
    12 years ago

Lilyfinch I totally AGREE!!!! Renee is brilliant with her garden, the composition of all the foliage, the amazing height variations and foliage shapes. I've seen many lovely gardens in Europe and overseas from my Rosie friends, and Renee is still amongst the very tops! Three days ago, I had also mentioned Renee AGAIN for the millionth time to my friend Jim by email about "Genius-in-the-garden" and beautiful plantings. I did use your moniker Hosenemesis so he'd remember, Renee. And somewhere just recently I remember mentioning you in our gallery too! But I've lost my brains and can't find the thread, hehe, so I forgot whom I was mentioning....It wasn't a regular visitor, but either a returning gallery old-timer...something or another. Hehe, I can remember who I wrote to though in terms of Boxofrox, haha!
    Anyway, I love, love your garden, Renee, and will keep on raving about how gorgeous it is so long as I can still have breath in me to write online, haha....

Not only are your roses drop-dead gorgeous, but it's all the details of the companions. For example: how the silver artemis?? pops elongated next to the Irises and the pathway of the mini-daisies winding from foreground to background (1st photo) and the Yellow roses contrasted with the yellow of the yellow mini-pansies next to it. It's this intense "layering" effect which is so "genius"!!!

I'm absolutely looking forward to more 2012 photos, Renee!

• seil zone 6b MI
    12 years ago

What beautiful gardens!

• HIWTHI
    12 years ago

That second photo just took my breath away. So beautiful.

• hosenemesis
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thank you, rose gardeners. I live for your praise :)
    I'm going to my garden friend Jean's house tomorrow and I will get photos, but I fear I have missed the first flush of roses. We had a heat spell for the last three days that kind of wiped them all out.

I'll see what I can do anyway.
    Renee

• canadian_rose
    12 years ago

I will never get that roses immersed in the garden look as I garden with pots due to inhospitable terrain. So I really envy your garden. Just lovely!!
    Carol

• bob_71
    12 years ago

Your taste, as well as your talent are showing!

Excellent photos, also.

Bob

• Krista_5NY
    11 years ago

What a beautiful garden, the birdbath is delightful.

• serenasyh
    11 years ago

Hehe, Bob, may I mention that you are the King of Photography, lol!

• kathy9norcal
    11 years ago

It all looks so wonderful together. It makes all the hard work worthwhile, doesn't it!

• ingrid_vc so. CA zone 9
    11 years ago

Truly lovely pictures, Renee. Your garden could be professionally done, it's so gorgeous.

Ingrid

• suebelle_neworleans
    11 years ago

WOW !! I must not be spending enough time on the Rose Gallery. Can't believe I missed this. GORGEOUS !!
    Spectacular colors. You have done a fantastic job.
    Suebelle