Return to the Rose Gallery Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Roses today

Posted by hosenemesis SoCal Sunset 19 USDA (My Page) on
Fri, Apr 20, 12 at 0:21

Henry Fonda with nasturtiums, Julia Child and Marmalade Skies with irises and paludosum daisies. I love spring.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Roses today

Colourful, diversified and very cheerful.

o

Your pictures are just beyond beautiful! I forwarded them ( a different thread you posted recently) to my mom, who replied, "well now my own garden may as well be a dump! " lol I love those little daisies and will be keeping an eye out for them. You truly are so very talented!!!

o

Lovely pictures showing a garden with beauty, balance, and harmony.

o

O M G!!! So beautiful!!!!!!!

o

Those little white daisies are so cute! I threw some Alaska tall daisy seeds in my clay soil 12 years ago, and they are everywhere! I prefer the short little ones like yours.

o

Lilyfinch I totally AGREE!!!! Renee is brilliant with her garden, the composition of all the foliage, the amazing height variations and foliage shapes. I've seen many lovely gardens in Europe and overseas from my Rosie friends, and Renee is still amongst the very tops! Three days ago, I had also mentioned Renee AGAIN for the millionth time to my friend Jim by email about "Genius-in-the-garden" and beautiful plantings. I did use your moniker Hosenemesis so he'd remember, Renee. And somewhere just recently I remember mentioning you in our gallery too! But I've lost my brains and can't find the thread, hehe, so I forgot whom I was mentioning....It wasn't a regular visitor, but either a returning gallery old-timer...something or another. Hehe, I can remember who I wrote to though in terms of Boxofrox, haha!
Anyway, I love, love your garden, Renee, and will keep on raving about how gorgeous it is so long as I can still have breath in me to write online, haha....

Not only are your roses drop-dead gorgeous, but it's all the details of the companions. For example: how the silver artemis?? pops elongated next to the Irises and the pathway of the mini-daisies winding from foreground to background (1st photo) and the Yellow roses contrasted with the yellow of the yellow mini-pansies next to it. It's this intense "layering" effect which is so "genius"!!!

I'm absolutely looking forward to more 2012 photos, Renee!

o

• Posted by seil z6b MI (My Page) on
    Fri, Apr 20, 12 at 21:24

What beautiful gardens!

o

That second photo just took my breath away. So beautiful.

o

Thank you, rose gardeners. I live for your praise :)
I'm going to my garden friend Jean's house tomorrow and I will get photos, but I fear I have missed the first flush of roses. We had a heat spell for the last three days that kind of wiped them all out.

I'll see what I can do anyway.
Renee

o

I will never get that roses immersed in the garden look as I garden with pots due to inhospitable terrain. So I really envy your garden. Just lovely!!
Carol

o

Your taste, as well as your talent are showing!

Excellent photos, also.

Bob

o

What a beautiful garden, the birdbath is delightful.

o

Hehe, Bob, may I mention that you are the King of Photography, lol!

o

It all looks so wonderful together. It makes all the hard work worthwhile, doesn't it!

o

Truly lovely pictures, Renee. Your garden could be professionally done, it's so gorgeous.

Ingrid

o

WOW !! I must not be spending enough time on the Rose Gallery. Can't believe I missed this. GORGEOUS !!
Spectacular colors. You have done a fantastic job.
Suebelle

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Rose Gallery Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here